Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #571
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post

I didn't get around to making them ...too busy with multiple trips to Home Depot, painting, planting grass, trips to Costco. I am going to try to make them this weekend instead!

Btw, I am so excited for all of you cruising in October 2015!!

Thanks! I am so elated about this next cruise to Mexico!

Ah The Home Depot etc....I hear ya. We were slackers this weekend but next will be full of home stuff. Did you get new grass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
On the cruises I've been on the dessert buffet has always been in the buffet restaurant around 10:30-11:00 on pirate night, after the fireworks. We did Palo on pirate night on the Fantasy and I was unbelievably sleepy. We didn't even go check out the desserts. They don't seem to advertise it anywhere on the navigator, somebody pointed out if they did and the whole cruise went to eat it would be a mad house!
Thanks for chiming in. I can't imagine how packed the pirate buffet would be if advertised and with double the ship capacity.

Are you going to do a report from your Mother's Day cruise?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #572
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

You think I should? I'm still on the fence.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #573
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thanks! I am so elated about this next cruise to Mexico!

Ah The Home Depot etc....I hear ya. We were slackers this weekend but next will be full of home stuff. Did you get new grass?

[CENTE:[/CENTER]
Parts of our yard needed some reseeding...no grass yet but hopefully by next week we will see some green! It is supposed to be nice and warm this weekend!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #574
rentayenta

Quote:

Of course but you know how I feel about trip reports. Would it help if I sped this up? I'm planning on updating Cozumel (the day part ) tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Parts of our yard needed some reseeding...no grass yet but hopefully by next week we will see some green! It is supposed to be nice and warm this weekend!

Yay for sunshine! It's been so nice here too. I'm so ready for some continuous 80* days.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #575
jen2207
Mouseketeer

Hi I've been enjoying your trip report, but I don't post much. Just wanted to pop in and say that I was looking at the suggested packing list on the disney cruise website and it says "no sporting goods" allowed. Right below where it says no firearms. So I guess soccer balls and firearms are equally confiscated. Lol

me; dh, ds 13, dd 11, dd 8, ds 3
DVC Member - AKL
SSR 9/20 - 9/27/08
AKL 10/8 -10/18/09
SSR 10/29/10 - 11/5/10
BLT 3/31-4/4/12
AKL 3/20 - 3/22/14
BLT 3/29 - 4/2/14
jen2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #576
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen2207 View Post
Hi I've been enjoying your trip report, but I don't post much. Just wanted to pop in and say that I was looking at the suggested packing list on the disney cruise website and it says "no sporting goods" allowed. Right below where it says no firearms. So I guess soccer balls and firearms are equally confiscated. Lol

and Thanks for joining in.

I saw where it said sporting goods but gave examples of like bats and hockey sticks. I'll get more into the ball situation but can tell you that balls are allowed and if they aren't, Disney is very inconsistent with the policy.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #577
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Of course but you know how I feel about trip reports. Would it help if I sped this up? I'm planning on updating Cozumel (the day part ) tonight.
No no no, please don't try to be speedy on my account! I just haven't had much time since I've gotten back to start it. Two of our tablemates gave me their emails to let them know I'd started one. They were fascinated with my taking pictures of all our food

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #578
rentayenta

Quote:
No no no, please don't try to be speedy on my account! I just haven't had much time since I've gotten back to start it. Two of our tablemates gave me their emails to let them know I'd started one. They were fascinated with my taking pictures of all our food

That hilarious! I love the food picture taking. Even our table mates got into it. Maybe like begets like?

I won't rush then but am trying to update tonight.

When do you leave for the wedding?

Old 05-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #579
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You should always do a TR as yours are so awesome

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #580
rentayenta

So we got back to the room after a very fun pirate night, put the room service ticket on the outside of the door, and saw the red light blinking on the phone. Ah a message! Maybe it was guest services and indeed the Port did confiscate Joshua’s soccer ball and it would be there waiting once we returned to Miami?

Or maybe not.

Or definitely not.

At all.

It was guest services calling to inform me that they spoke with someone at the Port and they had no record of his ball being confiscated. Disney also had no record of his ball being confiscated and indeed they wouldn’t take it as soccer balls are not a prohibited item per this CM.

So this meant that someone took the ball. I don’t know who or where but it was gone and there was no trace of it. We were less than pleased.

I called down to guest service to see if we could borrow a ball, got some song and dance, and my request was declined. Guest services 1, me 0.

Having done my homework, I knew there would be a Mega or some other grocery chain nearby. We’d go and grab him a new (cheap) soccer ball to have for our Mexico and CC days. He brought the ball for that reason. I told Joshua my plan and he seemed satisfied.

In all honesty the missing ball did not dampen our moods. We were heading to Mexico baby!

Cozumel!

We woke up early to the sound of a faint knock from room service. Love those guys. They are polite and mellow in their delivery. They brought the food in, set it up, and I tipped accordingly.

Here are the Navigator’s for the day. Now I would explain to you the time change but it confused me so much I can’t. I think Cozumel was naturally an hour behind ship time but we needed to subtract another hour to get the real time. No clue. LOL!

I had been chatting with Beth from here and our FB group and we decided to share a taxi to Nachi Cocom. I had read that it was $20 one way, we ended up paying the equivalent of $8 USD each in Pesos. Love saving a little money when I can.

Nachi is an all inclusive private beach and bar that takes up to 100 guests per day. More if you pay enough to get in at the gate. Thats a story for later that day. I would visit Nachi again in a heartbeat!

Beth was traveling with her hubby Chase and this was their anniversary trip. Oh my gosh they are the nicest people ever.

There was also another party from our FB group who was attending a vowel renewal. This party included some of the ladies from the Mixology. I think of the 100 allowed Nachi guests, folks from the Wonder took up about 40 spots.

Back to sunrise and arriving early morning in Cozumel. This is from our verandah. I mean really, how did we luck out with this view?

Another attempt at making the sewage taste not like sewage. This time I added regular milk and sugar.

Boats in the bay:

One of the other 8 ships in Port for the day:

Touristy shopping area of Cozumel:

We had planned to meet Chance and Beth at the buffet before heading to Nachi Cocom. We weren’t that hungry but met them and took a glance at the buffet. I ended up getting a hash brown patty and it was delicious.

Off we went to go through the Port, to the Mega, and then a taxi to Nachi.

It was now about 8:30 am I believe due to all of the time changes. Chase wore a watch so I knew we’d make it back.

Passing the Starbuck’s I was very tempted to log into the wifi and connect but I promised myself I wouldn’t. I prevailed and survived!

We walked through the shopping area and to the Mega in no time. We found Joshua a soccer ball no problem. I love my no so rusty Spanish. Having just returned from a week in Zihuatanejo a month earlier, my Spanish was still decent. I also bought us all some kakawates limones (lime peanuts).

We grabbed a cab outside the Mega and headed to Nachi. I took a few pics on the way.

Ahhhh, the ocean. Look at that blue!

On this next pic, look through the windshield and see the Federales. Joshua was unnerved by this site.

A cruise ship, not sure which brand:

A few more sites:

There is not a helmet big enough to make me ride or rent a scooter in Mexico:

Another ship (that makes 4 including us and there was set to be 8 total):

Ruins of some sort:

And finally our destination:

Up next: a day at Nachi. To be continued…..

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-28-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #581
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

The sunrise was a lovely view to wake up to. I was like Josh about the Federales the first time I saw them, but now it just seems normal.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #582
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That ball saga just sucks! And how sweet is your Joshua to take the news of a lost ball so well.

Great start to the day. All those cruise ships!
Lovely pictures of the sunrise and the day.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #583
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
The sunrise was a lovely view to wake up to. I was like Josh about the Federales the first time I saw them, but now it just seems normal.

It really was stunning. I felt so crazy blessed with our cabin and that view.

I feel the same about the Federales. I've been to Mexico so many times, I don't think twice but to experience it with someone for the first time, I understand how unnerving it is.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #584
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That ball saga just sucks! And how sweet is your Joshua to take the news of a lost ball so well.

Great start to the day. All those cruise ships!
Lovely pictures of the sunrise and the day.

Agreed. The ball saga was a joke. Nobody knew nothing. He's a really an even tempered kid.

Cozumel was just gorgeous in the morning light.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:57 AM   #585
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

That ball saga really stinks. I love the sunrise. We have only ever been to Chankanaab in Cozumel and love it. I am looking forward to see something different in your report.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: