Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

Hollywood Studios to Captain's Grille?

Hi,
I am thinking about doing dinner at the Boardwalk this year and was wondering how is the travel from Hollywood Studios to the Captain's Grille? And any thoughts on the Captain's Grille in general? Thanks so much!
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Melanie B
DIS Veteran

You can either walk from HS to the boardwalk area or take the boat. The boat does make stops at the Swan/Dolphin, Yacht/Beach Club and the Boardwalk then on to Epcot.

We've had breakfast at Captain's Grille and really enjoyed it. It doesn't have the typical "Disney magic feel" but it is a really nice resort and the theming is great.

Feb 2015 Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

Thank you Melanie, actually I don't mind not doing the Disney feel all the time I prefer some relaxation. My son is 14 and sometimes the character meals the food feels rushed so I appreciate it. Thank you again!
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #4
gingercake71
Earning My Ears

If you like seafood their crab legs are wonderful. We enjoy the boat ride...but do allow a little time..it doesn't go too fast but it gives you a chance to unwind and relax. We eat there each year! Hope you have a great trip!
gingercake71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercake71 View Post
If you like seafood their crab legs are wonderful. We enjoy the boat ride...but do allow a little time..it doesn't go too fast but it gives you a chance to unwind and relax. We eat there each year! Hope you have a great trip!
THIS!! We take the boat, relaxing and saves those extra steps. Had the Crab legs, and they were beyond delicious!!!

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As the PPs said, you can either take the boat or walk from DHS to YC. If you walk, it's about 1.3 miles. if you take the boat, I'd budget about 35 minutes. It probably won't take that long, but just in case you miss the boat and have to wait for the next one. The boat goes from DHS to S/D and then to YC.

In terms of the Epcot area resorts, there are several pretty good options. If you're interested in a Signature, I would consider trying Flying Fish. Otherwise, there is also Big River Grille and ESPN Club (I haven't tried either). I've had dinner at Captain's Grille once and it fell into the "one-and-done" category. The food was meh, the service was lacking, and it was loud inside the restaurant. if you do go, be sure you're not seated anywhere from where you can see the kitchen door. It was not a very relaxing dinner.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: