Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #331
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just heard from Teena- she is out of surgery and it was successful. Stone was blasted to kingdom come! Sounds like she can go home tomorrow. They originally told her tonight, but I think the doctors want to be cautious. Thanks, again, everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers!
Wheeeeeeeeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley444 View Post
How does the bus loop work? Is Yacht or Beach the first pick up? Also When the bus also picks up from S&D and BW are Yacht & Beach Club picked up first? Getting a seat on bus is important to me. If anyone knows the bus route for MK, AK, DTD id be interested to know.
Most of the day it is YC/BC only and YC is picked up first on the way to the parks, and dropped off first coming home.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 05-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #332
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I asked this on the CL thread, but didn't get an answer..

I have a question. My friend and I originally booked YC together.. I as a AP w memory maker and her as a FL Res package. I upgraded to CL. They are listed in my room but have their own room too. I have 4 bracelets coming to me.. But I am afraid to link them with their MDE because it may confuse the system. Did that make sense?

My DD (16)will be watching her DD (6)while we are out.. So I thought the DVD player in the room would be good for them
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #333
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

Awesome news about Teena! Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
I asked this on the CL thread, but didn't get an answer..

I have a question. My friend and I originally booked YC together.. I as a AP w memory maker and her as a FL Res package. I upgraded to CL. They are listed in my room but have their own room too. I have 4 bracelets coming to me.. But I am afraid to link them with their MDE because it may confuse the system. Did that make sense?

My DD (16)will be watching her DD (6)while we are out.. So I thought the DVD player in the room would be good for them
I think I would have to make a phone call if I were in your shoes on this.

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
Old 05-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #334
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr and Mrs Duck View Post
Get well soon Teena!

Hoping someone could answer this...

My DH is running the WDW marathon which is the same day we check into BCV. Would anyone be able to tell me if we'd be allowed to park the car at BC and use the extremely early morning bus to get to Epcot for the start of the race?

Any help would be great
The early bus is something like 3:30am. The thing I would wonder about is whether or not they would pick you up at the BC if you haven't checked into the resort yet?

Quote:
How does the bus loop work? Is Yacht or Beach the first pick up?

Also When the bus also picks up from S&D and BW are Yacht & Beach Club picked up first?

Getting a seat on bus is important to me.

If anyone knows the bus route for MK, AK, DTD id be interested to know.
Buses - almost always it is YC - BC - then to the park, return is park to YC to BC - If for some odd reason they add S/D and BWI, which hasn't happened to us in ages, then I think it would be S/D, then YC then BC then BWI

For AK - it is YC - BC - then Blizzard Beach, then AK - reverse it for the ride back

DTD - from the YC to BC to BWI to Marketplace to West End to Typhoon Lagoon to S/D to YC

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 05-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #335
natebenma
DIS Veteran

page 18-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by db57me View Post
Thank you. I'm not sure what Amazon uses, it may vary depending on the product and shipping speed you request. I've looked at the grocery delivery, but we don't need that much. The only thing that I really need to have is Greek yogurt. It's a dietary need. I don't want to waist time searching all over WDW for it. Does anyone know if they sell it at the BC marketplace?
I didn't see Greek yogurt on the BC Marketplace grocery list. Could someone who is going soon check the cases in the Marketplace to see what they are offering for yougurt?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzygirl View Post
Hi all, sad to say I cancelled my YC room for October as the savings at the Dolphin was just a better deal for us . I wish our week was included in the RO discounts but it wasn't so I could try the YC but maybe next time

I can be removed from the Bog list but we will be by for dinner at Capt Grill !!
Sorry to see you go, but I'm sure you will have a fantastic trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
We are checking out today! it has been a wonderful trip. Thanks for all the advice and help.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Glad you had a great trip. I enjoyed reading your postings while you were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Sending Get well wishes to Teena

Big hello to Dee as well I haven't popped in since I actually HAVEN'T changed in awhile, and I get the itch to switch easily..especially with a spanking new thread like this. another great job Dee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebec View Post
our trip was up in the air for a while, but it looks like it is going to happen. We will be at the beach club aug 12-19!!! I have a ton of questions thank you in advance for any info or insight you can share.

We booked the labor day special through an agency and could only book standard. I'm not even sure I can offer to pay for an upgrade to a garden view because it was a group booking. What would be the best chances of getting some pixie dust for a garden view: online checkin or checkin upon arrival. I will be ok with standard if that's what I get also.

This is an odd question: How loud are the AC fans in the rooms? My kids have slept with small fans in their rooms for white noise since they were babies. We are flying and can't bring a fan with us. I know the AC fan was loud enough at POR last time we didn't need our fan. Does it do the trick for white noise? IF not, any suggestions?

Does anyone have any input about location requests? We have 3 kids 11 and under, will be going to the pool several days, will be going to Epcot , and would like to be somewhat near a drink refill station. Any centralized location ideas? I've never been to the resort to even eat or visit before, so no real idea about size and locations of the resort.

Any tips about navigating SAB with young kids and how crowded it might be during my timeframe?

Any tips in general about mid august: crowds, weather, how crowded resort might be, etc. . . .

THanks so much, we are SUPER excited

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Make sure you check out the small kiddie pool and slide that is at the base of the big slide. There are some pictures on the first page of this thread showing that area.

I have heard that the reservations through your travel agency can't be upgraded, even if you pay for it, but like others have said, it doesn't hurt to offer to pay for an upgrade. I wouldn't hold out too much hope, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
The fee is based on the weight of the package. Haven't done it since March 2012, but here's what it was back then:
Package retrieval fee:
Up to 5 pounds: $3
5-20 pounds: $5
above 20 pounds: $10

I walked over to the Convention Center to pick up my box, but I believe you can call over and have them deliver it to your room. I don't have the phone number. When you check in, you could ask them what the phone number is.
Thanks for this additional info!

Old 05-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #336
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just heard from Teena- she is out of surgery and it was successful. Stone was blasted to kingdom come! Sounds like she can go home tomorrow. They originally told her tonight, but I think the doctors want to be cautious.

Thanks, again, everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers!

Great news.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Kidani May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 05-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #337
coley444
Mouseketeer

Thanks wdwlver, Scott MC & Wood Nymph for the bus info!

I'm so torn between the Beach Club and Yacht Club every pro/con helps- bus included.

One of my silly pros is the lamps in BC vs YC lol. Mickey in that lifeguard chair is too cute.

Haven't stayed deluxe in about 15 years (since I was 10). This time I'd be paying so it's a big decision!

Looking for Memorial Day wknd next year. Hoping to jump on the 24 hour bandwagon
Old 05-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #338
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Just catching up on the thread for the first time today.. Happy to hear that all went according to plan for Teena today!

Get well soon Teena! (in the mean time, let those who love you spoil you as you recover)
Old 05-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #339
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just heard from Teena- she is out of surgery and it was successful. Stone was blasted to kingdom come! Sounds like she can go home tomorrow. They originally told her tonight, but I think the doctors want to be cautious.

Dee - great news. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Rebecca
Old 05-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #340
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear surgery went well. Good that they're being cautious, sometimes they are just kicking you out for $$$ reasons.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #341
Couchy
DIS Veteran

So glad that Teena's surgery went well and she will have some relief from those pesky kidney stones !

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 05-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #342
amg35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks wdwlver, Scott MC & Wood Nymph for the bus info!

I'm so torn between the Beach Club and Yacht Club every pro/con helps- bus included.

One of my silly pros is the lamps in BC vs YC lol. Mickey in that lifeguard chair is too cute.

Haven't stayed deluxe in about 15 years (since I was 10). This time I'd be paying so it's a big decision!

Looking for Memorial Day wknd next year. Hoping to jump on the 24 hour bandwagon
One of my (silly) worries is about being picked up in the morning after Yacht Club. I'm a bit of a nut about getting to park early enough BEFORE rope drop and I'm paranoid the Yacht Club guests will fill up the bus to AK or MK first and I'll have to wait for another bus. So, I just plan to be at Beach Club bus stop 1 hour and 15 minutes ahead of park opening....or run my behind down to Yacht Club and wait there.

For the record, I've stayed at both and honestly, I like both equally, although Yacht Club is a bit more subdued.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #343
sbrown29
Earning My Ears

Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #344
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

glad it went okay

Quote:

Whew. I've been thinking about her.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #345
Fruto76
Mouseketeer

Hi all~ jumping in a little late. We are headed back to BC to celebrate my daughters graduation. We will be staying CL 6/4-6/7. Can't wait to be in my most favorite Resort!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: