DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #31
skier_pete
DIS Veteran
 
skier_pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,954

Got our member # today!!


Offer made & accepted: 3/7
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 3/11 (4 days)
Passed ROFR: 4/9 (29 days)
Closing docs: 4/25 (16 days)
Closed/Deed registered: 5/6 (11 days)
Membership # from Disney: 5/19 (13 days)

Total time: 73 days!
__________________

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #32
Luv2PixieDust
Earning My Ears
 
Luv2PixieDust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by han22735 View Post
We passed 4/30 and the title company still says nothing from disney on the estopple. We are supposed to close on 5/19 so it doesn't look like that will happen. Anyone pass around the end of last month get the closing docs yet?

Thanks
We passed 4/25 and received our closing docs on 5/13. I would call them. One of the documents had a print date of 5/9 at the top of it....makes me wonder if we could have received sooner.
__________________
FW ('78, '81, '83); Disneyland ('85); Poly ('93); Disneyland ('97, '99); WL ('02, '05); PO ('08); AKL/BLT ('12)

Luv2PixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #33
Luv2PixieDust
Earning My Ears
 
Luv2PixieDust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 34

DVC Member Number

I was looking over posted timelines of the deed recording date and the date of receiving a member number. What confuses me is that some folks are calling DVC member services to obtain the number, on other posts I've read of people calling DVC Accounting to obtain it. My question is, if you have posted a date for receiving your DVC member numer does that mean you received it in the mail? Had to call?

Our deed was recorded today and I am anxious to make a reservation!

Thanks all!
__________________
FW ('78, '81, '83); Disneyland ('85); Poly ('93); Disneyland ('97, '99); WL ('02, '05); PO ('08); AKL/BLT ('12)

Luv2PixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #34
JessseJ
Mouseketeer
 
JessseJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by han22735 View Post
We passed 4/30 and the title company still says nothing from disney on the estopple. We are supposed to close on 5/19 so it doesn't look like that will happen. Anyone pass around the end of last month get the closing docs yet?

Thanks
We are going through the Timshare Store...we passed on 5/2 and I was told by the title company today that they received the estoppel on 5/16. She is sending the closing docs to the broker to review today so I'm hoping that we get them by tomorrow. While it will all be worth it in the end, for now the waiting is torture!!
__________________
DW DH DD10
JessseJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #35
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!
 
Jennasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The Triad, NC
Posts: 24,789

We got our deed in the mail yesterday.
__________________
Jennasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #36
han22735
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessseJ

We are going through the Timshare Store...we passed on 5/2 and I was told by the title company today that they received the estoppel on 5/16. She is sending the closing docs to the broker to review today so I'm hoping that we get them by tomorrow. While it will all be worth it in the end, for now the waiting is torture!!
That's good to know. I still haven't heard anything. Are you using magic vacation title? I emailed them today but haven't heard back. This wait is driving me crazy. I want to use my points for a trip this November the week before thanksgiving.
han22735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #37
han22735
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by han22735

That's good to know. I still haven't heard anything. Are you using magic vacation title? I emailed them today but haven't heard back. This wait is driving me crazy. I want to use my points for a trip this November the week before thanksgiving.
Received closing docs today. So 20 days from passing ROFR. Onto the last stage of the waiting.
han22735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #38
GAVSMOMS
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 25

Sent to Disney on 4/1, on 4/30 passed ROFR, received closing documents today. This seems to be taking forever but things are coming along just like they said they would. I guess just like everyone you hope it will be faster.
GAVSMOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #39
Pumbas
Mouseketeer
 
Pumbas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2PixieDust View Post
I was looking over posted timelines of the deed recording date and the date of receiving a member number. What confuses me is that some folks are calling DVC member services to obtain the number, on other posts I've read of people calling DVC Accounting to obtain it. My question is, if you have posted a date for receiving your DVC member numer does that mean you received it in the mail? Had to call? Our deed was recorded today and I am anxious to make a reservation! Thanks all!
DVC Accounting provided me with member number.
Pumbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #40
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norristown PA
Posts: 218

Offer made & accepted: 4/8
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 4/8
Passed ROFR: 5/9
Closing docs: 5/22
Closed: pending
Orange County Comptroller recorded: pending
Membership # from Disney: pending

Last edited by Millionaire2K; 09-30-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #41
GAVSMOMS
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVSMOMS View Post
Sent to Disney on 4/1, on 4/30 passed ROFR, received closing documents today. This seems to be taking forever but things are coming along just like they said they would. I guess just like everyone you hope it will be faster.
Closed 4/28, Deed recorded today
Now counting the days until we are in the system at Disney.
GAVSMOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #42
nalajms
DIS Veteran
 
nalajms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ct
Posts: 953

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVSMOMS View Post
Closed 4/28, Deed recorded today
Now counting the days until we are in the system at Disney.
If it helps, my deed was recorded on 5/19. Started calling on 5/27, got the member number and points on 5/29. I'd give it 6 business days then call in the afternoons to see if it's set up.
nalajms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #43
GAVSMOMS
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
If it helps, my deed was recorded on 5/19. Started calling on 5/27, got the member number and points on 5/29. I'd give it 6 business days then call in the afternoons to see if it's set up.
That would be great if it was that quick. Can't wait to see if I'll be back to find availability in October or November.
GAVSMOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #44
mastersd
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 138

Selling my DVC

I wonder how long the process is for selling a dvc?
__________________
:MeDeanna DHDS(18)DS(11)DD (5):disrocks
mastersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #45
GAVSMOMS
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersd View Post
I wonder how long the process is for selling a dvc?
For contracts with banked points they do not last but a few days. Everything I have been interested in recently has been under contract within a few days. Not sure about stripped contracts.
GAVSMOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: