Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #556
riversend22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
I can't tell you how excited I am to be going back "home" to the Coronado Springs in September!!! The last time I was there was in May of 2011, and I seem to recall reading somewhere that The Pepper Market somehow changed since then...would someone be able to send me a link to that "new" information? I might have bypassed it in my excitement
From my research (I can't link yet but maybe someone else can), Pepper Market no longer has servers that get your drinks. That is now self service. In addition, the gratuity has been done away with and is no longer required. I also believe that for breakfast, they have done away with the "buffet" style of food that they used to have. From what I've seen it's back to stations and you just get your card stamped and bring it up to the CMS to cash out when you are finished. I could be wrong about this last part though...

Not sure if that's the info you were looking for, but hopefully some of it is helpful!
riversend22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #557
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversend22 View Post
From my research (I can't link yet but maybe someone else can), Pepper Market no longer has servers that get your drinks. That is now self service. In addition, the gratuity has been done away with and is no longer required. I also believe that for breakfast, they have done away with the "buffet" style of food that they used to have. From what I've seen it's back to stations and you just get your card stamped and bring it up to the CMS to cash out when you are finished. I could be wrong about this last part though...

Not sure if that's the info you were looking for, but hopefully some of it is helpful!
Thanks for the info!

I think what I had read was the part about it switching to a buffet...when I was there in 2011, it was set up in stations and you had a card you had to get stamped from whatever station you went to. If you wanted to "eat in", someone sat you at a table and got your drinks, and you had an automatic gratuity added to your bill...we always took our food "to go" though. Wasn't overly huge on that set-up, so I was kind of hoping they had changed it
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
silverhaze269 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #558
jessibelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
Sitting at the Laguna Bar talking to the bartenders and watching for baby gators in the Lake. I can't remember their names, but everytime we have some good conversations with them and others that come by. It's a nice relaxing evening after a crazy day in the parks.
I agree!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #559
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
While I've never been to CSR, I struggled with these same issues and ended up finally booking BC today. Remember, getting Casitas 4/5 is a REQUEST, and you could end up stuck in the boonies in Ranchos. With BC, it's a paid category, so it's guaranteed. That was the tipping factor for me. Now I KNOW where we will be, not where we WANT to be.

As for being the last bus stop, I had the same concerns. However, I've only read one negative complaint about that and I've been lurking over a lot of reviews (and that was during a busy time). In fact, more than not I read that transportation for BC is a plus.
I agree!

I have 36 nights at CSR under my belt. Casitas 4 and Cabanas 9B are my two favorite locations. The problem with Casitas 4 is you can only request it and Christmas week the resort will be full which makes it harder to honor requests.

We were there Dec 12th-24th last year in Business Class and will be this year Dec 12th-26th. The peace of mind of knowing we will have a good room location makes it an easy decision for me. IF I could guarantee Casitas 4 the choice would be harder. From the 12th-21st the buses were great and always got a seat. From the 22nd forward they were defiantly full, I did stand a couple times, but we never had a bus skip us because it was full. Most health adults would give up their seat so the little ones could sit.

The other option is to walk over to stop 4. It seems silly when stop 1 is steps away, but honestly the walk to stop 4 isn't any farther than walking from Casitas 5 to stop 2.

Hope this helps! We' ll be there riding the same buses!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #560
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Silly question...I've read the business class rooms have DVD players, but I've also read they have Blue Ray players. Which is correct? Thinking about bringing a few movies along for when we're in the room and there is nothing on TV, but we don't own Blue Ray discs.
The website says DVD players. Our room last trip had a BluRay player.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #561
Twin Princess Mama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I agree!

I have 36 nights at CSR under my belt. Casitas 4 and Cabanas 9B are my two favorite locations. The problem with Casitas 4 is you can only request it and Christmas week the resort will be full which makes it harder to honor requests.

We were there Dec 12th-24th last year in Business Class and will be this year Dec 12th-26th. The peace of mind of knowing we will have a good room location makes it an easy decision for me. IF I could guarantee Casitas 4 the choice would be harder. From the 12th-21st the buses were great and always got a seat. From the 22nd forward they were defiantly full, I did stand a couple times, but we never had a bus skip us because it was full. Most health adults would give up their seat so the little ones could sit.

The other option is to walk over to stop 4. It seems silly when stop 1 is steps away, but honestly the walk to stop 4 isn't any farther than walking from Casitas 5 to stop 2.

Hope this helps! We' ll be there riding the same buses!

this is VERY helpful thanks! we have the 12th-24th booked now too! although we may have to shorten it to the 18-24th. see you there!

out of curiosity, what do you do for two full weeks???
Twin Princess Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #562
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversend22 View Post
From my research (I can't link yet but maybe someone else can), Pepper Market no longer has servers that get your drinks. That is now self service. In addition, the gratuity has been done away with and is no longer required. I also believe that for breakfast, they have done away with the "buffet" style of food that they used to have. From what I've seen it's back to stations and you just get your card stamped and bring it up to the CMS to cash out when you are finished. I could be wrong about this last part though... Not sure if that's the info you were looking for, but hopefully some of it is helpful!
This is all correct... We were just there a week ago... And I will also add there were many more choices at pepper market than at the Mara at AKL

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #563
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Princess Mama View Post
this is VERY helpful thanks! we have the 12th-24th booked now too! although we may have to shorten it to the 18-24th. see you there!

out of curiosity, what do you do for two full weeks???
It's the only major vacation we take each year. We all the way from western Canada, so when it takes a full day to get there and you spend $2k on flights anything less then 10 days isn't worth it.

Also we view Disney World as a vacation destination, not just a couple theme parks. We probably do things at a much more leasurely pace than most and we enjoy everything on WDW property. Along with some theme park time we will spend lots of time enjoying the resort. We will do the water parks, mini- golf, possibly real golf, maybe a fishing excursion, a night at the Boardwalk, We'll do the Dine in Theatre at DTD, Bowling, etc....

We just really enjoy being there, it's not about rushing from ride to ride for us. It's -30 here in December. We've had great luck with the weather on our December trips, we had some days in the 80's last year and for us anything over 70 is pool weather!

If you can swing coming on the 12th I highly recommend it. The pre Christmas rush dates Dec 10th to about the 21st are IMO the best time of year at WDW. Crowds are low and all the decorations really ad to the magic. That first week if you follow the Easywdw crowd calendar and pick the slow park it's so enjoyable with the low crowds.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #565
Emme
DIS Veteran

When is everyone going?? I would love to say "Hi" to some of my DIS peeps while we are there. I can add them to this (my) post if people want! Would be neat to see how many of us actually are there around the same time!

We will be there Sept. 2-9! Anyone else care to share

canadiandisneyfamof4: June 1-9
MinnieMSue: June 5-9
Typewrittenwolf: June 6-8
GillieRose: June 7-14
Dawgrif: June 12-20
MikeMouse: June 13-25
WendyDarling: June 17-22
Koh1977: July 2-7
LoverDisney: July 14-23
disney1474: Aug. 13-20
missnic07: Aug. 17-29
Ariane37: Aug. 26-Sept. 2
DisMom829: Aug. 31-Sept. 6
Desiree71081: Aug. 31-Sept. 5
Emme: Sept. 2-9
Lwyrwood: Sept. 4-7
Starman1959: Sept.4-12
Austinsmom068: Sept. 6-13
Beachgirl85: Sept. 7-13
Nikkyluvmickey: Sept. 8-12
VictoriasMom98: Sept.9-19
Pixiehallow: Sept. 10-16
CassieJo2711: Sept 23-28
TarHeelMom: Sept. 25-Oct.4
DISJKK: Sept. 28-Oct. 5
dmcfa2504: Sept. 28-Oct. 1
CaughtUpinTangled: Oct. 1-7
Cramtoer: Oct. 2-12
Harleydottie: Oct 3-7
pbcanderson: Oct. 3-7
HaileysNana: Oct. 6-10
JMS25: Oct. 19 - 25
DannyDisneyFreak: Oct. 27 - Nov. 2
newbies04901: Oct. 28 - Nov. 6
Ceryssa: Nov 1-9
Lylone: Nov. 1-8
Alaskanmommy: Nov. 1-8
ShyJade: Nov. 4-9
Jarvis23: Nov. 6-11
kkozma: Nov. 7-10
Babka: Nov. 12-19
missastrocat: Nov. 14-21
Shera: Nov. 14-19
Rachelp6: Nov. 15-22
Tbone00: Nov. 15-22
jbrown22: Nov 15-22
Troll Buster: Nov. 20-30
I<3theMouse: Nov. 20-29
Saskdw: Dec. 12-26
KimBean: Dec. 12-21
MickOO:Dec. 12-23
JenniferMA1: Dec.12-21
mouseaddicts :Dec. 12-16
Moozle: Dec. 13-20
WDWRids: Dec. 13-20
buteraa: Dec. 13-20
punkin413: Dec. 14-17
Pigletto: Dec. 15-22
Scrappinmom: Dec 17-23
bam1004: Dec. 17-22
mommyrosa2: Dec. 18-20
cinmouse: Dec. 18-24
Sydnjozma: Dec. 19-25
Izhaymama: Dec. 20-25
dutchdisneyfamily: Dec. 20-27
SmallWorld71:Dec. 23- Jan. 1

Last edited by Emme; 07-15-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #566
Austinsmom068
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
When is everyone going?? I would love to say "Hi" to some of my DIS peeps while we are there. I can add them to this (my) post if people want! Would be neat to see how many of us actually are there around the same time! We will be there Sept. 2-9! Anyone else care to share

September 6th-13th
Austinsmom068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #567
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylone View Post
We stayed at BC twice and the busses home were packed and usually shared with BW, Swan, Dolphin and YC. Also we ended up in a room on the farthest end away from the bus stop. We booked a regular room and it was a nightmare! Never again!
Sounds like our stay at ASMo! (which we have never returned to)
Old 05-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #568
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
When is everyone going?? I would love to say "Hi" to some of my DIS peeps while we are there. I can add them to this (my) post if people want! Would be neat to see how many of us actually are there around the same time!

We will be there Sept. 2-9! Anyone else care to share
October 19-23. Staying at Pop the first 2 nights to stay closer to my budget, especially since we don't arrive until after midnight that first night. Then we'll have our first full day at Disney and in the parks, go to bed, wake up, check out, and head over to CSR bright and early to check in.

DD16 thinks we are staying at Pop the entire trip and I can't wait to surprise her. Hopefully it's the morning we check out of Pop and into CSR.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #569
Schneeweiss
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be staying at Coronado Springs in late September. We changed from POR to CS business class, since since it was almost the same price with FD. Really looking forward to the Lounge access and the free Sangria
Realy grateful for this thread and all the information. Makes me fell very good about our decision

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: