Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #1
Snakes in a boot
Earning My Ears

Extra room for new countries at world showcase

I keep seeing threads every so often that talk about how world showcase was built with room for more countries. I finally decided to check it out on google earth/maps, and I can't seem to figure out where that space would be. Anyone have any sort of map anywhere that would point that out? Also wondering if anyone thinks that new countries would ever be added? I'd like a few more, but I don't see the point in adding some and then putting more rides in. World showcase, in my opinion, should be more about the food and culture. Save the rides/money for somewhere that needs it, like future world. What's everyone's opinions?
Snakes in a boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
jcnewton
Never as happy as I am in Florida

I always think it looks like there's plenty of room between Germany and China. Maybe a small space between France and Morocco as well. I'd love to see Greece or Brazil represented as South America has no pavilions. For Greece, I imagined a force-perspective Acropolis in the background, restaurants and shops featuring tradition Greek columns. Brazil: maybe based on the surroundings of Rio? Not too familiar with the culture, but as far as food, I think a really nice Signature restaurant similar to Texas de Brazil with table-side meat carving would be awesome.

I've obviously given this little thought

jcnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

I believe there are pads for 18 pavilions...there are currently 11 occupied.

EPCOT was the worlds
Largest private construction project at the time... And they built as much as they physically could with the time and all the money they could round up.

It wasn't meant to sit there with addition as it has since 1988...not fulfilling it's own promise.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:48 AM   #4
floridianer
Mouseketeer

There is space for 8 more counties...

I doubt they will come but the space is there

http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html
floridianer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

~If Disney has room for eight more countries that means there is room for eight more rides.

~The Ratatouille Ride that's supposed to debut at Disneyland Paris would be a fabulous addition to World Showcase France on lot 6.

~A Frozen themed ride can go right next to Norway on lot 1.

~A Mulan themed ride can go right next to China on lot 2.

~Oh well, I'm all out of time, but the are so many rides that could fill those empty slots -- not to mention all the room for more attractions in Future World!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
Goofy1976
Earning My Ears

Wishes is the game.It won't happen anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~If Disney has room for eight more countries that means there is room for eight more rides.

~The Ratatouille Ride that's supposed to debut at Disneyland Paris would be a fabulous addition to World Showcase France on lot 6.

~A Frozen themed ride can go right next to Norway on lot 1.

~A Mulan themed ride can go right next to China on lot 2.

~Oh well, I'm all out of time, but the are so many rides that could fill those empty slots -- not to mention all the room for more attractions in Future World!

Goofy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #7
ckoshka
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnewton View Post
I always think it looks like there's plenty of room between Germany and China. Maybe a small space between France and Morocco as well. I'd love to see Greece or Brazil represented as South America has no pavilions. For Greece, I imagined a force-perspective Acropolis in the background, restaurants and shops featuring tradition Greek columns. Brazil: maybe based on the surroundings of Rio? Not too familiar with the culture, but as far as food, I think a really nice Signature restaurant similar to Texas de Brazil with table-side meat carving would be awesome.

I've obviously given this little thought

I would love to see both of those! Great idea.
ckoshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

A country can go in the following locations...I think:

1. Mexico and Norway
2. two countries can fit between China and Germany
3. Germany and Italy
4. Italy and America
5. Japan and Morocco
6. Morocco and France
7. United Kingdom and Canada
8. And there is one more but I forgot so sorry lol
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

I think it would be smart for them to expand the world showcase and add more countries. So much revenue is earned on food and souveniers. I would spend an entire day in the world showcase alone if all those pavillions were filled and eat all 3 meals there.

Deciding what countries to add would be very difficult though. Because there is no South American presence, you need a country from South America like Brazil. I think India could be a good addition too.

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
circus4u
Mouseketeer

Thailand would be another great addition.
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
ckergald
Earning My Ears

I think they should convert one of those islands in the middle of the lake to Cuba. Think of the fun this could bring.
ckergald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

I would love to see more countries also but from what I understand, the country themselves sponsors it's country.

The countries I would love to see are:

Russia
Greece
Israel
Egypt
Brazil
Switzerland
Holland
Old 05-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #13
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post
I would love to see more countries also but from what I understand, the country themselves sponsors it's country.

Russia
Greece
Israel
Egypt
Brazil
Switzerland
Holland
The country doesn't have to sponsor if they don't want to. Many of the countries haven't had a sponsor in years. Your list in kind of cool though. Russia, Israel, Brazil and Switzerland were all planned at one point. I personally would have loved to see Israel but we all know the problems that would have caused. If it was my way....and it will never obviously....Brazil would be in between Mexico and Norway. Then Costa Rica and Venezula would go in the outpost region. I know Venezula was planned at one time with a ride and everything but it just didn't make it. Switzerland would go between Italy and Germany with a Matterhorn type ride. Russia would be between Italy and America. Israel would go between Japan and Morocco. Spain between Morocco and France. Then maybe do Scotland between United Kingdom and Canada. Most of these were planned to so they could just bust out the old blueprints and make it happen. Not that it will...
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #14
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post

Russia
Greece
Israel
Egypt
Brazil
Switzerland
Holland
None of the original countries had sponsorship from their respective governments. But they did have corporate sponsorship.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #15
Fommt2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmentforever24 View Post
The country doesn't have to sponsor if they don't want to. Many of the countries haven't had a sponsor in years. Your list in kind of cool though. Russia, Israel, Brazil and Switzerland were all planned at one point. I personally would have loved to see Israel but we all know the problems that would have caused. If it was my way....and it will never obviously....Brazil would be in between Mexico and Norway. Then Costa Rica and Venezula would go in the outpost region. I know Venezula was planned at one time with a ride and everything but it just didn't make it. Switzerland would go between Italy and Germany with a Matterhorn type ride. Russia would be between Italy and America. Israel would go between Japan and Morocco. Spain between Morocco and France. Then maybe do Scotland between United Kingdom and Canada. Most of these were planned to so they could just bust out the old blueprints and make it happen. Not that it will...
Without being a smart Alec, Scotland is in the uk dde03
Fommt2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: