Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #31
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

happy new thread
Old 05-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #32
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Dee!

The new thread feels nice and comfy with room to grow!

Trip #31...June 2014 (Another High School Marching Band trip)

Trip #32... July 2014 (YC stay with just DH for belated 29th Anniversary)

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
DIS-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #33
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Can anyone recommend some good YouTube clips of Yacht and Beach Club please. We have just installed a 40inch Smart TV and I've discovered that I can connect the TV and the iPad by wifi and send YouTube clips to the big screen. I'm currently watching the Yacht Club overview.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #34
blackdogg
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the new thread! We are currently less than 7 out and starting our packing SO EXCITED! SO READY!!!

DH DD~9 DD~6
BLT-Fall 09
GFRPC-11
AOA/GFRPC-12
WL/YC-13
FW-BCCL-14

blackdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #35
ahilly
Mouseketeer

Room requests

Hello! I was wondering if my party consists of 5, do I need to request a daybed at BC? If it's already known by disney do I have still request one? Thanks!
Disney day trip & Sanibel Island 09/2003 (me, DH & DD-her first trip!)
POP 05/2004 (me, DH, DD, MIL & FIL) & 10/2004 MNSSHP (me, DH, DD & DM)
POP 08/2006 (me, DH, MIL, DD & DS-his first trip!)
Yacht Club Concierge level 11/2007 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
POR Alligator Bayou 08/2012 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
ahilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #36
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Really!!! I beat NM and Buzzy to the new home!!!???!!!

Thanks Dee as always great job!!

~N

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #37
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahilly View Post
Hello! I was wondering if my party consists of 5, do I need to request a daybed at BC? If it's already known by disney do I have still request one? Thanks!
Most of the time you will get a room with a daybed when you have five. If it doesn't happen then they give you a roll away bed.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #38
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Thank you natebenma!!! If anyone has any other insight I'd appreciate it. I think my question got lost before we moved to the new thread

Originally Posted by msdroz
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but if you are staying in the CL do you need to do the 60 day advance online check in? Our situation is a little different as we are staying off property our first night and we will arrive at the YC very early. We will leave our luggage with bell services (or CL staff)?, check in, and head right to Epcot. Would online check in speed up this process, or should we rely on checking in with the CL when we get there?

I don't think it matters to much if you do the advanced checkin or not when staying CL. Can anyone think of major advantages? Maybe a slightly quicker checkin since you have already provided your credit card info.

We have had 3 BC CL stays, never did the online checkin and our room was ready every time (approx. 11:30 am).
msdroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #39
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

Go away for a couple of days and I see we moved ,as always Dee great job .You are a true master. I attended my nieces wedding yesterday,it was a location wedding in Delray Beach Fl. . Sitting at the pool now wishing I was at the Beach Club SAB instead but in about 30 days I will be there . I can not wait.

dandydad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #40
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

YAY, a new thread!
Thanks Dee!!!

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #41
catho72
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! Thanks for helping us move, Dee!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #42
db57me
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the magic, Dee!
db57me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #43
Flyz Ondewalz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Really!!! I beat NM and Buzzy to the new home!!!???!!!

Thanks Dee as always great job!!

~N
Yep you did! That Ninja Mom is Such a SLACKER!

Signed, your thread Pal Buzzy the Fly, the Beach Club Resort guy
Flyz Ondewalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #44
OfTheWind
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Can anyone recommend some good YouTube clips of Yacht and Beach Club please. We have just installed a 40inch Smart TV and I've discovered that I can connect the TV and the iPad by wifi and send YouTube clips to the big screen. I'm currently watching the Yacht Club overview.
Here you go:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SEArkUmk0XE

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=P...UjlIDdi2FbK6Fg
OfTheWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #45
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Carryover from previous thread

page 244-249

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I got lucky again!! Been checking availability at YC/BC for months looking for anything to open up the first week of June. Some of you might even remember me posting several times about not having any Epcot resorts available that week. We had booked a 1br at BWV as our only option. Finally yesterday I was able to get 4 of our nights at YC CL LV!!!! I don't know what happened but suddenly they had every room category available!!!??? It must have been a block of rooms on hold. Maybe Mark Hamill released them??? I don't know how I got lucky again, this is the exact same thing that happened to us in March. I had been checking YC/BC availability since Christmas and was finally able to get it a couple of weeks before our Spring Break. Fate must be working on my side. I will keep checking for more days to open up earlier in the week, but as it stands right now we'll be there June 4-8. The kids are going to be so shocked and excited!!! It's their favorite resort.

back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list and keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that more days open up for you at YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoBeans View Post
Thank you for the detailed times and I hope we're that lucky! We're coming in on a Monday morning so hopefully as easy.

Grey Gooses are yum. I have a sangria in my sights at Via Napoli. What's in a Sunken Treasure I keep seeing mentioned? Will have to enjoy one of those as well.
There is a tribute to the Sunken Treasure on Page 2 of this thread, in the Community post. I'll come back and edit in the recipe.

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenb View Post
LOL, I love that we can't *not* have a thread! It's there, waiting in the wings...
Of course! We always need a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharding20 View Post
Hi to all the awesome YC/BC experts!

In two weeks we will be at the Yacht Club, and this is our very first time staying there as a family. We're really excited.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you all might be able to answer...

What time do the buses/boats start running in the morning?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to MK, AK and DTD?
Is it realistic to think of walking to HS? Or is that just too far?
Is the pool crazy crowded in the afternoons since everyone has the same idea to take a break then? (i.e. how likely are we to score chairs in early afternoon?)
Would there ever be a hope of a walk-up at Beaches & Cream, or should we make a reservation?

I've read these boards through for many tips - and I'm super grateful for everything I've learned. Any other info you wish to impart is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Here are some of my answers to your questions-

I hesitate to definitively state when buses and boats start operating, but I think an hour before that park opens is a good rule of thumb.

The trip to MK takes between 12-15 minutes and about 15 minutes to AK (plus whatever wait time you have for the bus). The travel time to DTD is approx. 25-30 minutes. Consider getting a taxi back to the resort from DTD. I'm a total cheapo, but paying for the cab fare for that route of travel is worth every penny!

How little are the legs that are joining you on the trip? We have done the walk back to the resort from HS. We beat the boat when we are briskly walking. We haven't done the walk TO HS because we don't want to wear ourselves out early in the day. Whether or not you want to do the walk should probably depend on weather and how tired you are. About a 20-25 minute walk between YC and HS.

Not sure about the Beaches & Cream wait or crowd conditions at the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
Is there a list of connecting rooms for YC??
Not that I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post
I will say the Yacht Club quiet pool was always empty!! One day I chose to go to that pool and it was a completely relaxing afternoon. I had a cocktail, laid by the pool, a great getaway from the crowds.

I live in Chicago, near downtown!
Here's a question- where did you get the cocktail? Did you BYOB or get something from Hurricane Hanna's or elsewhere before going to the quiet pool?

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: