Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #286
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

On Sunday night, I have to stay up until Midnight because that's our 90 day booking window!

My current debate (with myself, of course, since I'm the only vacation planning looney in the family) is what night to do Palo. I'm thinking I might want to go there on semi-formal night because I like doing that stuff on sea days and I will already be dressed up! Two birds, one dress....

Gotta to make sure I still get my free Captain's Gala cocktails though. Last cruise, I believe I had an appletini. And a glass of wine.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #287
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Sounds like a great night and the boys look so cute all dressed up. My have they grown from the updates that you posted on the Yosemite TR!

I can't wait to try the larger ships! I have three cruises booked in 2015 too! Mine are all Disney, pretty soon we'll be gold!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #288
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
On Sunday night, I have to stay up until Midnight because that's our 90 day booking window!

I was up this past Monday night doing the same for Alaska! Kind of stinks that I turned gold but no one else did and we were in 2 cabins- so had to come back for Silver booking after all! Good luck getting everything your heart desires!

My current debate (with myself, of course, since I'm the only vacation planning looney in the family) is what night to do Palo. I'm thinking I might want to go there on semi-formal night because I like doing that stuff on sea days and I will already be dressed up! Two birds, one dress....

I know that's a popular choice!

Gotta to make sure I still get my free Captain's Gala cocktails though. Last cruise, I believe I had an appletini. And a glass of wine.
You GO girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Sounds like a great night and the boys look so cute all dressed up. My have they grown from the updates that you posted on the Yosemite TR!

I know, right? It is crazy! I notice it when I post them- here's the current situation, if you missed it on Facebook-

I can't wait to try the larger ships! I have three cruises booked in 2015 too! Mine are all Disney, pretty soon we'll be gold!
They are awesome! You will be in awe- and YAY for 3 cruises in 2015! They are the best- congrats on almost being Gold- in a year from now I will have 2 more to go for Platinum. It seems once you start the ball rolling to Gold, you just can't stop!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #289
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Sounds like another fun day aboard DCL!

So nice of the boys to grace you with their presence. But it is good to hear they were having a fun time. I barely saw my brother and cousins this past January; they were having a blast doing all the activities.

I can't wait to hear all about your Alaskan cruise adventures!!! That is on my bucket list, for SURE.

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #290
pillow
DIS Veteran

Love the bra post! You know you're a veteran Disney cruiser when you plan to take an extra bra to a show - lol . . .

So, you know the cruise that my kids don't want to go on??? Well, my mother told me today that she is treating ALL of us to that cruise - meaning the 2 of them + my family of 4 + my brother's family of 6 + my 92 year old grandma! NOW my kids are excited!! I spent the afternoon getting everyone booked. So fun! I'm now looking for Mixology photos to send everyone. Gonna be hard to wait a year . . .

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #291
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Oh no - the bra picture! I love that Tisa is wiping a tear from her eye in the background. We had a great time that night.

The hypnotist show was great too. Yay for Pods for racing up to the stage to take part.

I think we did pass on the Passports that night since we knew we had a big day in St. Maarten coming up.

WOW on all the upcoming cruises! I so wish I could come with you on the one in May but I can't take that much time off of my part-time job - or I would not have the part-time job . If you go down to WDW for a long weekend girls trip - I'm in!

I'm getting psyched for our HHI/Dream trip. Only 22 days to go! The boys do not know about the Dream. We added it after NYE. We thought since we are in SC and only 5 hours from the Port it would be a shame not to go on a cruise - Right?? Seems logical to me. We are going to see how long it takes them to realize that we are driving South and not towards home.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 AM   #292
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great update
Your boys all look super smart in their suits (I am counting Pods as one of the 'boys') and of course you look gorgeous!
I've never done any of the adult shows in the evenings (why does that comment sound so wrong??!!)
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #293
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I'm getting psyched for our HHI/Dream trip. Only 22 days to go! The boys do not know about the Dream. We added it after NYE. We thought since we are in SC and only 5 hours from the Port it would be a shame not to go on a cruise - Right?? Seems logical to me. We are going to see how long it takes them to realize that we are driving South and not towards home.
Yes - very logical!! Hate to tell you . . . I sent the bra picture to my entire family to show them what occurs on a Disney cruise . . . Tell your hubbie he is famous!

Jodie
Old 05-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #294
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update !! The food all looked delish , not sure which I would have picked !! ust to let you know I started my TR , link is in my siggie!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #295
TopRowSeat
Married to a DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Yes - very logical!! Hate to tell you . . . I sent the bra picture to my entire family to show them what occurs on a Disney cruise . . . Tell your hubbie he is famous!

Jodie
Oh great, yet another town that that I can't show my face in. Nah, it was fun. Go ahead and share. I have no shame.

I have to say I was impressed with how fast Kristi got hers off. Very impressive.

It was a ton of fun. I had never heard of Quest before we were on our way into dinner and Ellen went by the other direction and just said "Quest, 10:00" I felt a bit like I was in a spy movie and had just received a coded message. I had to refer to the navigator to decode the instructions but we figured it out and were in the right place at the right time for some silly fun.

This was one of many highlights of the week.

'00 Dixie Landings + DCL (Wonder) / '06 WL / '08 POFQ / '10 BLT / '11 DCL (Magic) / '12 DCL (Magic) / '13 AKV / '13 DCL (Fantasy) / '14 HHI / '14 DCL (Dream) / '15 DCL (Wonder)
TopRowSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #296
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRowSeat View Post
Oh great, yet another town that that I can't show my face in. Nah, it was fun. Go ahead and share. I have no shame.

I have to say I was impressed with how fast Kristi got hers off. Very impressive.

It was a ton of fun. I had never heard of Quest before we were on our way into dinner and Ellen went by the other direction and just said "Quest, 10:00" I felt a bit like I was in a spy movie and had just received a coded message. I had to refer to the navigator to decode the instructions but we figured it out and were in the right place at the right time for some silly fun.

This was one of many highlights of the week.
I'm really sorry we missed it. Its on the list for our next cruise. I need to start practicing my speed bra removal skills now!!

Jodie
Old 05-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #297
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a fun night!!! I have never seen those game shows, but it looks like a riot.
I saw a hypnotist on a NCL cruise many years ago and it was so hilarious!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #298
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great update Ellen! Tyler looks so grown up, and quite a bit more like Pods lately!

I love the pics of the empty lobby with the tree. Never usually get to see that area empty!

What exactly is Quest, and why did the MC's exchange clothing? I'm guessing its some sort of game, but is the bra thing an every time deal?
Old 05-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #299
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Sounds like another fun day aboard DCL!

So nice of the boys to grace you with their presence. But it is good to hear they were having a fun time. I barely saw my brother and cousins this past January; they were having a blast doing all the activities.

It is all good- everyone is super duper happy on a Disney cruise!

I can't wait to hear all about your Alaskan cruise adventures!!! That is on my bucket list, for SURE.
I am really getting excited- I have Palo booked for brunch and dinner, also the room of naughty mud love (Secret rasul) and a bunch of amazing excursions (all done independently). Every person I meet who hears we are going tells me about how incredible Alaska is, so I am pretty excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Love the bra post! You know you're a veteran Disney cruiser when you plan to take an extra bra to a show - lol . . .

Next time the bra is going to dinner in my purse! Taking no chances!

So, you know the cruise that my kids don't want to go on??? Well, my mother told me today that she is treating ALL of us to that cruise - meaning the 2 of them + my family of 4 + my brother's family of 6 + my 92 year old grandma! NOW my kids are excited!! I spent the afternoon getting everyone booked. So fun! I'm now looking for Mixology photos to send everyone. Gonna be hard to wait a year . . .

Jodie
I am SO SO GLAD that it worked out for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Oh no - the bra picture! I love that Tisa is wiping a tear from her eye in the background. We had a great time that night.

It was SOOOOOOOOOOO funny!! GO TEAM 4!!!!

The hypnotist show was great too. Yay for Pods for racing up to the stage to take part.

He was very motivated and determined, wasn't he??

I think we did pass on the Passports that night since we knew we had a big day in St. Maarten coming up.

YES!! We did pass it up!

WOW on all the upcoming cruises! I so wish I could come with you on the one in May but I can't take that much time off of my part-time job - or I would not have the part-time job . If you go down to WDW for a long weekend girls trip - I'm in!

The only weekend girls trip is the pre-cruise two nights this year- probably a longer one next year-

I love that you did that! Can't wait to hear about HHI- you should do a TR, they are scarce-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great update
Your boys all look super smart in their suits (I am counting Pods as one of the 'boys') and of course you look gorgeous!
I've never done any of the adult shows in the evenings (why does that comment sound so wrong??!!)
Thanks! And you really need to make it to the shows- the entertainment at night has been consistently wonderful for us!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #300
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Alaska is definitely a cruise I want to do !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: