Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #451
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

This is the "before" to our "after" picture from February on the Wonder!

We were a happy bunch after a Chocolate and Wine Pairing Tasting! In "real life" I'm not a drinker at all, but on the Wonder I enjoyed my small amounts - and the few sips I had of each drink made me feel quite happy! Plus, most of all, it was just plain wonderful FUN!"

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #452
lonestardawn
Earning My Ears

It has been awhile since I have had time to read, but I just caught up on all your updates since you boarded the ship. It looks like you have had a really fun and relaxing vacation so far! Iím loving all the photos of the areas around the ship that you and Pam have taken. There are several areas like the Edge and the adult only clubs that we didnít get to explore last time I was on the ship. Iíll have to make it a point to check them out this time as they look really cool. A 5 night cruise just isnít long enough to see everything!

The mixology looks super tasty. Did they offer any snacks to go with all of those drinks??? I would love to do a mixology next time. My older daughter didnít want to go to the kids club last time so no fun adults only events for us  Similar to your son, she didnít want to go since she didnít know anyone there. I am hoping it will be different this time since both of my girls are old enough to go to the club together. And we are hoping to talk some friends with kids into joining us. Hopefully the kids would all go together to the club and I could do Palo and some mixology stuff. Do you have to be concierge level to book a private mixology or can anyone book a group?
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #453
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I think they must do the mixology in all different ways, or maybe differently on different ships. I've seen reports where some of the people do go behind the bar and actually make the stuff themselves. We are supposed to do a private mixology with our fish extender group on our cruise in August. I wonder how ours will be done...

And that's Sleeping Beauty! It's my favorite movie.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #454
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Have a great trip Pam!

The mixology class looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures!

Jenny...good luck with the planting! I have to wait..we're expecting snow the next 2 days!!!

Jill in CO

Snow? Boo!! It was rainy here so no planting wither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Love looking at all your photos
Was your mixology session a private group?
We have one arranged for our next cruise :-)

Thanks Linda. It was pivate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Very nice pictures Pam from the cruise.

Very nice update Jenny. It must have been a fun afternoon to be able to make your own drinks and drink them with others. I know that I might now enjoy it as much since I am not a drinker. But I did enjoy reading about it.

It was very fun! We had a few light drinkers and were able to secure their drinks had a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
No we didn't know before hand but we got to make a mojito, one other and then they ket us make that layered drink at the end on our cruise. We were pretty buzzed that day becuase we had Palo brunch, then we did the chocolate tasting and later the mixology. We were pretty happy by dinner. I think That's the night I had to take a walk outside at dinner since our tablemates brought samples of tequila for us all to taste .
That sounds perfect! Buzzed on a ship is a good place to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I have checked David's but they want their money all up front. I understand that but since dh get paid once a month we like to have a pretty good cushion just in case we need it. I did check here too but it is a little too early for the people I have asked they keep telling me I have to wait until either the 11/7 month window. I know that too but I just want to plan lol. Our dates will be May 7-18th (195) or 19th (212). I have found some people don't like to rent out less than 200 points or they charge more pp if they do. I want to stay SV at Jambo.

The Mixology class looked fun but I would have wanted to make at least one drink. Jesus and Moses look like alot of fun. I would love to be taking a nap somewhere warm and sunny. I hate being landlocked and I miss the ocean something awful.
I'm with yu and miss is the ocean something awful.

Yes, you do have to wait until at least the 11 month window for owners at AKV to book. Owners outside of AKV can book at 7 months. You're getting close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Loving all the commentary and different views of the same events from Jenny and Pam. And the pictures sure add a wonderful visual to it all!

Jesus and Moses are wonderful. But all I saw were the drinks! And that's saying something from someone who is a 'one-pot screamer'. WOW! What a great mixology.

It was an excellent Mixology. Its a repeat for evry cruise here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post

Thanks friend. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
This is the "before" to our "after" picture from February on the Wonder!

We were a happy bunch after a Chocolate and Wine Pairing Tasting! In "real life" I'm not a drinker at all, but on the Wonder I enjoyed my small amounts - and the few sips I had of each drink made me feel quite happy! Plus, most of all, it was just plain wonderful FUN!"

I love it! Walking the line is hilarious!!! And I agree, it's just FUN! Great photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestardawn View Post
It has been awhile since I have had time to read, but I just caught up on all your updates since you boarded the ship. It looks like you have had a really fun and relaxing vacation so far! Iím loving all the photos of the areas around the ship that you and Pam have taken. There are several areas like the Edge and the adult only clubs that we didnít get to explore last time I was on the ship. Iíll have to make it a point to check them out this time as they look really cool. A 5 night cruise just isnít long enough to see everything!

I totally agree. I never made it to the Cove Cafe or the Vibe. Guess it means I need another cruise.

Quote:
The mixology looks super tasty. Did they offer any snacks to go with all of those drinks??? I would love to do a mixology next time. My older daughter didnít want to go to the kids club last time so no fun adults only events for us  Similar to your son, she didnít want to go since she didnít know anyone there. I am hoping it will be different this time since both of my girls are old enough to go to the club together. And we are hoping to talk some friends with kids into joining us. Hopefully the kids would all go together to the club and I could do Palo and some mixology stuff. Do you have to be concierge level to book a private mixology or can anyone book a group?

No snacks but you could have brought in food easily.

I think DS would have enjoyed the clubs more if his siters were there. Once he made friends, he did.

I beleive anyone can book a private class but you need 25 people. Concirge just gets faster service when booking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I think they must do the mixology in all different ways, or maybe differently on different ships. I've seen reports where some of the people do go behind the bar and actually make the stuff themselves. We are supposed to do a private mixology with our fish extender group on our cruise in August. I wonder how ours will be done...

And that's Sleeping Beauty! It's my favorite movie.

I love Sleeping Beauty too. Did I write Cinderella? Blame Jesus and the booze. Let me know how your Mixology turns out. I'd love to make a drink. I miss my old bartendar days.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #455
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

I'm a little late but I'm hoping in here now! I leave for my cruise on Saturday, I'm so excited, can't wait to hear about more!
dramaqueenemj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #456
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

The mixology looks like a lot of fun! My cruise Facebook group is already started to talk about something like this. We'll see what happens.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #457
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenemj22 View Post
I'm a little late but I'm hoping in here now! I leave for my cruise on Saturday, I'm so excited, can't wait to hear about more!

Wow, your cruise is so close! I'm so envious! Are you packed?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #458
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
The mixology looks like a lot of fun! My cruise Facebook group is already started to talk about something like this. We'll see what happens. Amanda

Its really so much fun Amanda. We did it girls' only. The fellas met up somewhere else I believe. It was fun for chatting without the guys.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #459
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Its really so much fun Amanda. We did it girls' only. The fellas met up somewhere else I believe. It was fun for chatting without the guys.
I'm sure that makes it more fun. We already know some people on our cruise. One of the Moms Panel Moms lives in our town and is going on the cruise. Len Testa who wrote the Unofficial Guide is on our cruise. Our TA is on our cruise. That makes it a little easier.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #460
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I'm sure that makes it more fun. We already know some people on our cruise. One of the Moms Panel Moms lives in our town and is going on the cruise. Len Testa who wrote the Unofficial Guide is on our cruise. Our TA is on our cruise. That makes it a little easier. Amanda

Thats going to be a blast! Your TA, too fun! You've got knowledgable folks for sure.

Hope you Mix with Jesus!

Old 05-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #461
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Wow, your cruise is so close! I'm so envious! Are you packed?
My packing list is done but I have to do a lot laundry because I JUST moved back from school so hopefully it'll be done soon. LOL
Old 05-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #462
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueenemj22 View Post
My packing list is done but I have to do a lot laundry because I JUST moved back from school so hopefully it'll be done soon. LOL

Very exciting!

Update coming.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:11 PM   #463
rentayenta

Pirate night!

After a nice snack and nap it was time to get ready for pirate night. When we got back to the room, pirate bandanas were waiting for us. That's such a nice Disney touch and a cool souvenir.

Joshua was very reluctant to wear pirate attire so earlier in the day, we ran down and bought him some Goofy pirate ears. Perfect! I however was excited to dress up. I never get to do things like this.

After squeezing myself into a once looser fitting pirate dress, this was the result. I am glad pirate night was the second night because honestly after 4 days of eating and drinking, I never would have fit into my dress. LOL!

Pirate selfie on our way to check out the ship. We had some time before dinner and Joshua was really wanting to play shuffleboard.

This is when we played shuffleboard Pam....Joshua really got a kick out of it. We played one practice game and two real games. He won both times. His aim was good.

It was a gorgeous evening on the water:

Joshua wanted to check out the sports deck again. He's a soccer fanatic! He gave me his ears before he played. He's in the red/crimson shirt. I found a chair to kick back in:

How cute is the logo?! I'd love lounge chairs like these.

Finally after some time it was time to head to dinner but not without noticing this gorgeous sunset. Sunset on the water never gets old. Maybe I should work on one of the ships?!

Dinner was at Parrot Cay. Pam had got both Joshua and I light up jewelry which was so fun. We wore it proudly!

We arrived to dinner before out tablemates:

It was funny because Joshua had sat at the end of the table the night before so I think that's why the kids' menu is there. He was getting to know the kids at our table a little better so decided to scoot in. Patience Iago.....

Mom, what are you taking another photo?

Because I can so smile kid!

Pam took the above photo so Pam!

Ozzy and Arjay were on it and drinks and bread were served before we knew it. Love good service!

Our tablemates arrived minus one. The parent was MIA. The ACSO reported that the parent had too much to drink and was passed out. Um....ok. Whatever. They said she had a *good day*. This alerted me for two reasons. One, even if parent was passed out, why would you tell almost total strangers. Tell us parent is sick, anything really. And two, it was said so matter of fact, this clearly wasn't the first time it's happened. This is when I started to feel bad for tween. Tween was a little over the top as far as needing attention but this started to explain why. Absentee parents make for attention seeking kids. Working in mental health is a curse and a blessing.

Tween and friend of tween were kind and friendly to Joshua and he enjoyed their company. AC seemed a little off, medicated maybe, couldn't quite tell. ACSO had had a few drinks. No judgement there. I like to imbibe. The plot thickens......

I had heard very mixed reviews on both Parrot Cay and the pirate night menu. I was impressed by both. It's a good time. My advice to any newbies reading this, don't skip pirate night dinner. Find out for yourself.

Menu:

Joshua ordered the non-alcoholic Drink of the Day. I ordered something with rum per usual. A Mai Tai I believe.

For appetizers, Joshua ordered Black Beard's Jumbo Crab Cake and loved it:

I ordered the corn chowder from the kids' menu which was delicious but required lots of pepper:

For my entree I ordered Jack Sparrow's BBQ marinated Beef Short Ribs at the suggestion of Ozzy. Sorry the pic is blurry. It was delicious but fairly fatty.

And Joshua ordered the Treasure of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops over pasta. Shocking I know. He devoured it.

During dinner AC was looking very green. AC said it was because of the waves, the ship was rocking. I don't know that I believed that as AC arrived looking and sounding a little slurry. I offered AC and ACSO to allow tween and friend of tween to stay and finish dinner with us. This was my second clue that the dynamics were definitely off with this bunch. Joshua was happy they stayed and they seemed to have fun. Good kids. I feel very badly for tween and hope they get out before its too late. More to come on this....

We enjoyed dinner and the chatter was plentiful.

After dinner but before dessert the dancing part of dinner ensued. Arjay got Joshua to join in. Miracle!

Because of the pirate dessert and our drinks, we were too full to enjoy dessert. We wanted to save what room we had left for homemade crepes!

I'm going to pause here and allow Pam to catch up with her version of dinner. She's on her cruise now, lucky duck!

To be continued.......

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-14-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #464
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

What an interesting update.

Firstly, you look incredible in your pirate get-up. LOVE it!

I also love the look of the Pirate dinner and it sounds like a fun evening.

But AC and ACSO......yikes. I have a feeling that this is not going to turn out good.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #465
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

This post made me so excited. I have my pirate night outfit all planned out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: