Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
wippelgem
Earning My Ears

Room 5001 on Magic

we're first time (disney) cruisers and so we don't know what to expect. We booked a GTY (didn't know what it was - except for a better price). When we found out what it was, we hoped for lots of pixiedust and an upgrade but we had no luck.
We found out today that we have room 5001 on the magic. Who has stayed in this room? Has pictures? Is it a good room? Good location? What are the bad points?

I have allreaday searched the forum but didn't find info on the room.

Who can get us excited about the room?
wippelgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Sundancer330
Mouseketeer

Disney Magic Cabin # 5001
Category 11B - Standard Inside Stateroom

Disney Magic - Category 11B - Cabin # 5001

Stateroom #: 5001
Category: Category 11B - Standard Inside Stateroom
Description: Standard Inside Staterooms have a queen-size bed or two twin beds that can convert to a queen size-bed, and a split bathroom with tub/shower combination. There is a living room with sofa bed, and privacy divider. Each stateroom also has a flat-screen TV, in-room safe, hair dryer, phone with voicemail, and individual climate control.

Deck: Deck 5
Occupancy: Can accommodate up to 4 guests in this particular cabin
Accessible? No
Connecting? No
Window Type: N/A
Stateroom Size:
184 sq ft sq ft*
*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
wippelgem
Earning My Ears

tnx, that I knew, but want specific details: bunk bed or not,... pictures, noice level...
Old 05-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

5001 is one of the sideways inside cabins which means when you walk in the sofa is right in front of you, bed and dresser to the left and bathroom and closet to the right. The way these cabins are set up gives you the feeling of more space. These cabins are wider than longer

Regular inside cabins are longer than wider with bathroom closet to the right or left immediately when you walk in, the dresser on one side and sofa on the other and the bed at the end.

Here is a thread that shows pics of the sideways cabins. We have stayed in them a couple times and I like the layout. I also like Deck 5. (one of my favorite decks).

This thread has some pics...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3264001

We stayed in 5505 and 6003 and layouts were basically the same. We had no noise issues with either room but you may hear some show music as the Walt Disney Theatre is forward on Deck 4 but I doubt enough to be a bother and the shows are over about 9.

If it makes you feel any better upgrades and not really as common as they may seem on this board.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Last edited by mmouse37; 05-10-2014 at 03:21 PM.
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
wippelgem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
5001 is one of the sideways inside cabins which means when you walk in the sofa is right in front of you, bed and dresser to the left and bathroom and closet to the right. The way these cabins are set up gives you the feeling of more space. These cabins are wider than longer

Regular inside cabins are longer than wider with bathroom closet to the right or left immediately when you walk in, the dresser on one side and sofa on the other and the bed at the end.

Here is a thread that shows pics of the sideways cabins. We have stayed in them a couple times and I like the layout. I also like Deck 5. (one of my favorite decks).

We stayed in 5505 and 6003 and layouts were basically the same. We had no noise issues with either room but you may hear some show music as the Walt Disney Theatre is forward on Deck 4 but I doubt enough to be a bother and the shows are over about 9.

If it makes you feel any better upgrades and not really as common as they may seem on this board.

MJ
Tnx for this info, this is really helpful!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

We stayed in 5002 on the Wonder. Same location, across the hall. We really liked the location, no foot traffic going by except some CM who are really quiet. Our only complaint was there was a PremEar of Cars2 during our cruise. It is a loud movie (lots of racing engine noises) and the speakers seem to be in the floor of the rooms. So if you have a midnight movie being shown, you may as well plan to go see it because you will hear all of it. That doesn't happen very often, tho' and it is a really nice location.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
wippelgem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilland18 View Post
We stayed in 5002 on the Wonder. Same location, across the hall. We really liked the location, no foot traffic going by except some CM who are really quiet. Our only complaint was there was a PremEar of Cars2 during our cruise. It is a loud movie (lots of racing engine noises) and the speakers seem to be in the floor of the rooms. So if you have a midnight movie being shown, you may as well plan to go see it because you will hear all of it. That doesn't happen very often, tho' and it is a really nice location.
great tip, tnx!

And how was the bathroom? Split bath? any pictures of the room?
Old 05-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #8
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wippelgem View Post
great tip, tnx!

And how was the bathroom? Split bath? any pictures of the room?
We love the sideways cabins. They feel so much bigger than the regular layout.

Category 11s do not have the split bath. A quick search on the DCL website lets me book this cabin for a party of four so it will definitely have the drop-down bunk bed.

One tip...when we find getting ready with one shower too overwhelming, DH or I will sometimes shower in the fitness center/spa. They have showers in the changing room and there is no charge to use them. Since you are all the way Forward it would be just a quick elevator ride up to Deck 9.

Last edited by MouseMomx2; 05-11-2014 at 04:53 PM.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
wippelgem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
We love the sideways cabins. They feel so much bigger than the regular layout.

Category 11s do not have the split bath. A quick search on the DCL website lets me book this cabin for a party of four so it will definitely have the drop-down bunk bed.

One tip...when we find getting ready with one shower too overwhelming, DH or I will go sometimes shower in the fitness center/spa. They have showers in the changing room and there is no charge to use them. Since you are all the way Forward it would be just a quick elevator ride up to Deck 9.
another great tip!!! tnx!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: