Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #436
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Have a great trip Pam!

The mixology class looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures!

Jenny...good luck with the planting! I have to wait..we're expecting snow the next 2 days!!!

Jill in CO
Old 05-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #437
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Love looking at all your photos
Was your mixology session a private group?
We have one arranged for our next cruise :-)
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #438
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We get the REAL story from Pam!

Beast. I told you my short- term memory is shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'll post these now since I'll be gone.

While we were waiting to go into the tasting

These aren't the best but I wanted to get some documentation of the fun times.

While waiting for them to finish setting up we were all given name tags.

Our beautiful drinks

I think this one is priceless, and was completely on accident. I was just pointing the camera randomly.

Our CMs

I didn't drink all of my drinks but I did taste them all and really had a fun time at the tasting. It's not something that I would normally do but I'm glad I did. Thank you Jenny for encouraging me. and Jesus was hilarious.

Yay for gorgeous drinks! I'll elaborate on the details. The ones I can recall.

Quote:
That's why I like to journal. There's so many things happening it's impossible to remember them all.

Thank goodness you journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
How were you able to take so many pictures without people walking in the background (the hallways, the atrium, etc)?!? Wow! That takes talent!

I agree, Pam did great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Nice set of pics Pam, I'm glad you both enjoyed the mixology session. I agree the mixology is out of my comfort zone too, but I really enjoyed trying each drink when we did this on the Fantasy.

Love the pics of the Atrium!

I loved the class. But I like booze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice!!!!!!!!

I have decided to go the last week of February and I am praying that I get 7 month booking success as well!

OMG - that mixology class. Wow. Now THAT's what I'm talking about! It looks fabulous! To die for actually!

And, yes, you were winners! What a great trio you guys make!

I'll cross my fingers for you. This was my most stressful attempt by far.

The drinks were delicious!

Quote:
Some of them there was nobody there but the atrium ones I waited until they left. No talent required

Where was everyone anyway? It was a sea day after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I can't wait and my trip is a year away. We are going to go early May 2015. we want to squeeze in one more trip before Lexi becomes an "adult." I have begun looking at rental places but I want to make payments of $500 a month and all the places I have looked at want all the money up front. Dh only gets paid once a month so payments work better for us. So if you know anybody that wants to rent their points (195 or I can add a night and bring the total to 212) out and will take payments let me know.

I have 4 years to plan for our cruise. It will be a lot of fun. Maybe dh will change his mind but I dont think so.

I'll ask around. Have you checked David's and the boards here? I think the folks on the DIS may give a better. So 195 or 212? What are your exact dates or just early May? Studio right? Jambo or Kidani, do you care? We love both!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-10-2014 at 01:37 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #439
rentayenta

So after dealing with the wave phone issues, Joshua headed to the cabin and I headed to the Mixology class.

Because one of our meet peeps was staying concierge, we were able to set up this class fairly pain free. She posted a poll on FB asking people to vote for the time that worked best. Our choices were every hour on the hour between 1-4 pm. 2:00 got the least votes but that was the time Disney could accommodate us. It ended up to be a great time for me.

I'm telling ya, late dinner is the way to go. There is no rushing during the day, no worries about having to cut anything short in order to make dinner.

With Joshua in the cabin I was able to relax and meet all of the ladies I'd been chatting with for months.

The woman who set this up for us was renewing her vows and dubbed our class her bachelorette party. She had name tags for us all.

I was exceptionally excited to spend more time with Jennifer, Beth, Amy, and Pam. All of the ladies were nice but these were the gals I bonded with beforehand.

We arrived to this:

In order the drinks were: Bahama Mama, Cosmo, Long Island Ice Tea, Mudslide, and something special Jesus made. It had Baileys, Creme de Menthe, and Kahlua. Technically it's called a Chocolate Mint but Jesus called it his specialty.

I was surprised we showed up to the drinks already made. I thought we'd be mixing them ourselves. It wasn't bad, I was just surprised.

Our class was basically about how to make a drink. Layering, stacking, mixing, and shaking as well as technical glass names and the importance of color in a drink.

Jesus in action with his sidekick who's name I don't remember so let's cal him Moses.

Our bar:

Our line of ladies and drinks:

Jesus the ultimate teacher:

Me and Jenn feeling good after a few drinks:

And like any good students, the end result:

Note the photo Pam took of the woman making a drink with Jesus. Her name was chosen to make her very own concoction. She didn't know what to make so when it came time, I suggested my favorite drink to make many years ago: a Shoreberry. A Shoreberry is named after the town I worked in, Belmont Shore. It has vodka, Chambord which is a raspberry liqueur, and pineapple juice. We added another fruit juice at Pam's request and it was delicious.

Jesus was fun and flirty and kept it as Disney as possible. He was cute and engaging. Blurry selfie with Jesus:

Sadly I had to rush out as soon as it was over. Joshua text me about 40 minutes into it asking when I'd be back, he wanted to go on deck. I told him to go and I'd meet him but he didn't want to go alone.

Happily buzzed I said goodbye to the girls and hurried to the cabin. Joshua was eager to get on the sports deck!

Up we went and found a very windy day. Joshua headed to the soccer area while I found a spot to enjoy my buzz:

I was sitting near the sports deck, not the pool, so Joshua could easily find me.

Love these!

After soccer Joshua came and chilled with me. He ran down, grabbed a drink and a dunk in the pool.

We both took a little nap:

After our nap, we decided to head back to the cabin. We were hungry too so we ordered room service:

Can I even tell you how amazing that steak sandwich was? OMG! So good. We got that, a Caesar salad, and wings to share. All of it was delicious. The booze may or may not have made it taste better than it did.

We watched a movie, Cinderella:

And just chilled. We both fell back asleep for a little bit. It was such a relaxing afternoon. Perfect.

Up next: dinner at Parrot Cay, more tablemate fun, and night.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #440
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Loving your pics you both look so happy and relaxed. I've been to two mixology sessions and each one has been done slightly different. One we were in groups and created our own drink to share. The second everything was set up on the bar and two people were picked for each drink to come up and create them.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #441
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Loving your pics you both look so happy and relaxed. I've been to two mixology sessions and each one has been done slightly different. One we were in groups and created our own drink to share. The second everything was set up on the bar and two people were picked for each drink to come up and create them.

Thank you. We were exactly as you described: happy and relaxed. A cruise really does lend itself to relaxation. Everything is right there and you can only go so far.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #442
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

What a relaxing afternoon!

I love that Joshua loves hanging out with you. It's so sweet.

Jill in CO
Old 05-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #443
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
What a relaxing afternoon!

I love that Joshua loves hanging out with you. It's so sweet.

Jill in CO

Thanks girl! He's a good kid. Solid. Sweet.

Have you started your report? Am I insane for wanting to start a DVC report for December?

Old 05-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #444
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I have a feeling that when Disney does the private Mixology classes they speed them up by having the drinks made, but still teaching you something. I know in ours, we made at least two if not three of the drinks. It still sounds fun though, and I'm with you, I drink all the drinks! hic!

I'm glad you got to hang out with Josh and work off your buzz!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #445
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I have a feeling that when Disney does the private Mixology classes they speed them up by having the drinks made, but still teaching you something. I know in ours, we made at least two if not three of the drinks. It still sounds fun though, and I'm with you, I drink all the drinks! hic!

I'm glad you got to hang out with Josh and work off your buzz!

It was great fun and the best $15 + tip buzz ever! Drinking on the ship was a blast. I love being contained.

Next time I'd like a Mixology where we get to make the drinks. Do they tell you beforehand?

Old 05-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #446
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Very nice pictures Pam from the cruise.

Very nice update Jenny. It must have been a fun afternoon to be able to make your own drinks and drink them with others. I know that I might now enjoy it as much since I am not a drinker. But I did enjoy reading about it.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 AM   #447
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
It was great fun and the best $15 + tip buzz ever! Drinking on the ship was a blast. I love being contained.

Next time I'd like a Mixology where we get to make the drinks. Do they tell you beforehand?
No we didn't know before hand but we got to make a mojito, one other and then they ket us make that layered drink at the end on our cruise. We were pretty buzzed that day becuase we had Palo brunch, then we did the chocolate tasting and later the mixology. We were pretty happy by dinner. I think That's the night I had to take a walk outside at dinner since our tablemates brought samples of tequila for us all to taste .
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:46 AM   #448
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

I'll ask around. Have you checked David's and the boards here? I think the folks on the DIS may give a better. So 195 or 212? What are your exact dates or just early May? Studio right? Jambo or Kidani, do you care? We love both!
I have checked David's but they want their money all up front. I understand that but since dh get paid once a month we like to have a pretty good cushion just in case we need it. I did check here too but it is a little too early for the people I have asked they keep telling me I have to wait until either the 11/7 month window. I know that too but I just want to plan lol. Our dates will be May 7-18th (195) or 19th (212). I have found some people don't like to rent out less than 200 points or they charge more pp if they do. I want to stay SV at Jambo.

The Mixology class looked fun but I would have wanted to make at least one drink. Jesus and Moses look like alot of fun. I would love to be taking a nap somewhere warm and sunny. I hate being landlocked and I miss the ocean something awful.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #449
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Loving all the commentary and different views of the same events from Jenny and Pam. And the pictures sure add a wonderful visual to it all!

Jesus and Moses are wonderful. But all I saw were the drinks! And that's saying something from someone who is a 'one-pot screamer'. WOW! What a great mixology.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #450
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: