Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #16
WheeledTraveler
DIS Veteran

The GAC no longer exists. Now there is the DAS which allows for waiting in an alternate location and then entering though the FP+ line. If you look at the Stickies at the top of the disAbilities section, you'll be able to find the one explaining how the DAS works. He absolutely will qualify for the DAS if he can explain why he needs to be able to wait somewhere other than the regular line for the problems relating to his PTSD. (He doesn't need to say he has PTSD, but to explain the needs caused by the PTSD).

The DAS will not help with the mobility issues at all (it could result in his walking extra, in fact) and WDW will tell him that for those he needs to use a wheelchair or ECV. I know he's young, but it really might be worth his considering an ECV. It will give him the independence he won't get from a wheelchair and he will not be the youngest ECV user by far. He can also always park it and walk so only use it for the longer distances between lands or other sections of the parks. I'm probably younger than he is and have needed to use a wheelchair or ECV at the parks since I was 20. (My disabilities are related to a genetic condition.)
WheeledTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: