Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 05:42 AM   #16
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk2006 View Post
How long does it take to walk over the bridge to AoA? Thanks!
using the map above-- we were in the back of the 50's by the parking lot. Total time that we walked was about 2-25 minutes but we stopped to look at the turtles in the water. and just mosey along.

It is a very easy walk.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #17
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryHaven View Post
I've paid the last two times for preferred rooms at Pop, and one was markedly better than the other, but they seemed a very long walk any way you sliced it. I would prefer to be close to a parking lot or possibly near the bridge as I intend to visit AofA this time, but I think the rooms around the lake are preferred? I've never had a lake view so not sure. I know I can request a floor, but are certain buildings or rooms around the lake/pool/classic hall "off limits" to request if I'm only booking a standard this time?
my request was 50's bottom floor early arrival
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #18
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I've had a ground level room in the 80's section, facing the parking lot....wasn't a long walk to the bridge. My favorite room to date??? In the 60's section, bldg 4 on the fourth floor...facing the lake. So peaceful and pretty. The walk to the bridge was quick!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #19
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

when i did online checkin last week i could check some req.... i checked 60's lake view. do i need to still call and req? or is online req just fine? thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #20
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
when i did online checkin last week i could check some req.... i checked 60's lake view. do i need to still call and req? or is online req just fine? thanks
Both methods work. I just prefer to call because as you found out, the options during online check in are predetermined. I find them too restricting, they don't have what I want to request. So I always call.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #21
jk2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
If I remember right from November it took us about 10 mins, that was from building 1. The time will vary depending on where you are coming from.
Great! Thanks for the responses! We are thinking about requesting 60's facing the lake, we have a 3 & 6 yr old so the theme should be fun.

Are the smoking areas near the lake too close to the buildings? We're non-smokers and don't mind walking by, just don't want it wafting in the room if the door is open. Thanks for all the advice!
jk2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #22
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk2006 View Post
Great! Thanks for the responses! We are thinking about requesting 60's facing the lake, we have a 3 & 6 yr old so the theme should be fun.

Are the smoking areas near the lake too close to the buildings? We're non-smokers and don't mind walking by, just don't want it wafting in the room if the door is open. Thanks for all the advice!
I've been at Pop 6+ times.....smokers haven't been an issue to date. I had to walk by smoking areas on occasion but smoke never made it's way to my room!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #23
jk2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I've been at Pop 6+ times.....smokers haven't been an issue to date. I had to walk by smoking areas on occasion but smoke never made it's way to my room!
Thanks so much! It was hard to tell on the map!
jk2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #24
liljimmyt
Earning My Ears

Would you need to specifically request two double beds as opposed to one king bed when (or after) you book, or is that assumed? (I booked online and the only option I was given was whether or not I wanted a crib.) Also, If I keep my request generic, like "as close to the bridge as possible," is it more likely to be fulfilled, or is that just asking for them to ignore it compared to other more specific request?
liljimmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #25
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljimmyt View Post
Would you need to specifically request two double beds as opposed to one king bed when (or after) you book, or is that assumed?
Most, if not all, of the King rooms are Handicap Accessible rooms. So unless you request a King or need an HA room you will get a room with 2 doubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljimmyt View Post
Also, If I keep my request generic, like "as close to the bridge as possible," is it more likely to be fulfilled, or is that just asking for them to ignore it compared to other more specific request?
You are much better off describing what you are looking for in your room request. This way the room assigner knows what you want. If you request a specific room number for example, if it's not available they won't know why you requested that room. If you word your request like "close to bridge" that opens up so many more possible rooms for you to get in order to be very close to the bridge.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #26
phoebusII
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at Pop twice, both times in building 3, in the 50's section, with a lake view. I think the first time we were on the fourth floor, last year we were on the third floor. It was an easy walk to the parking lot, just past building 2 on the lake path. It was also a very short walk to the bridge crossing to AoA. The best part, and the reason for my request is that you can see both the Epcot and MK fireworks from your room. We also had a wonderful view of the lake, very peaceful, and it was considered a standard view.

I also understand that the sides of the 60's section facing the lake is considered a standard view (another poster has posted a map). That section is right by the bridge and is centrally located. It's a bit farther from the parking lot and I don't know if you have a good view of the fireworks from there, but if being near the bridge and the hippy dippy pool/central building is more important to you, then that is also a great location.
pre 1980-three times off property, 1988-off property,10/97-CBR, 7/01-Holiday Inn, 11-12/01-CSR, 5/02 - ASMu, 4/16/06-4/24/06 Pop Century, 7/06 AS Sports, 7/10 Disneyland HoJo, 8/11 POFQ, 6/12 ASMu, 6/13 Pop Century
Looking forward to: 12/14 trip.
phoebusII is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: