Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
dianachaney77
Earning My Ears

What do you love about the Fantasy?

We will be sailing on the Fantasy May 16, 2015 and we are very excited, but I have been reading a lot of things lately that have me a little concerned (ship vibrations, small pool areas that are always over-crowded, horrible service in MDR's, etc.) I wanted to ask if you could please share positive things or experiences from the Fantasy or just tell me what you loved about it. Our only experience with Disney was on the Magic in April 2009 and we LOVED it!!!

Thanks you in advance for your comments!

- Me - DH DS (7)

dianachaney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianachaney77 View Post
We will be sailing on the Fantasy May 16, 2015 and we are very excited, but I have been reading a lot of things lately that have me a little concerned (ship vibrations, small pool areas that are always over-crowded, horrible service in MDR's, etc.) I wanted to ask if you could please share positive things or experiences from the Fantasy or just tell me what you loved about it. Our only experience with Disney was on the Magic in April 2009 and we LOVED it!!!

Everything!!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
dianachaney77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Everything!!!

MJ
Thank you!

- Me - DH DS (7)

Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianachaney77 View Post

Keep in mind sometimes the posts on here can make an issue seem huge. We are only a percentage of the folks who cruise DCL and an even smaller number post comments. Plus almost every experience is highly subjective.

I have sailed the Fantasy twice and really never experienced any of the issues some talk about here. I have sailed the Magic 9 times and love that ship as well. I found the Fantasy to be an amazingly beautiful ship with lots of cool touches and enhancements. She is much bigger, but feels familiar.

Sure the pools can get crowded, they always do on sea days, so you have to work around that. Some times you'll feel a vibration, it's a ship after all.

Don't fret, over other opinions the one that will count is yours and you'll love the ship!

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
tiny427
Earning My Ears

We went on the Fantasy for Easter Break. This was our first time on DCL so we weren't sure what to expect. But needless to say, we will never go on another cruise line besides DCL again. The service was top notch, especially the service in the dining rooms. Before we got off the ship, we booked our cruise for next Easter on the Fantasy.
tiny427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

The Fantasy is a beautiful ship and you will love it. I love all the moving art work. Also, look for the pirate ship simulator outside of BBB (my DS loved that). Also, the Aqualab area was a huge hit for my DS (we didn't do the pools much but he loved playing in there).

Yes, the pools are more crowded and the MDRs feels more crowded. But that isn't enough to stop me from sailing on the Fantasy again. There are things that I like more about the Fantasy and things I like more about the Wonder. But both are great
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Everything!!!

MJ
Totally agree.

We've sailed on all 4 ships & have enjoyed them all. We've been lucky enough to sail on the Fantasy 3 times & 2 more scheduled this May & next May. Clearly it's a I favorite. We especially love satellite falls & Remy (adult area) our DDs are in college, so we sail as a couple .
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

I sailed on the Fantasy in Oct 2012 (which just happened to be the Hurricane Sandy cruise). Even with the weather problems, I had a blast! Some of my highlights were: the 3 shows (especially Aladdin), Pirate Night, Midship Detective Agency, the animation show at Animator's Palette, and the onboard activities
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
JCinMN
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

We had a fantastic time on the Fantasy in late March. Shows were great, our room was great (8b) and the ship is beautiful. It did not feel too big for us. We loved the shows and the Midship Detective agency. Only bad experience was the horrible line trying to disembark. Probably my worst experience of any ship I have been on.

I am personally worried the Magic might not live up to the Fantasy on my next trip, but I am taking hope knowing there are those who prefer the Magic.

No worries, I think you wi be very happy with the ship.
Island Princess June 2011 (Alaska)
Louis Cruises Aquamarine July 2008 (Greek Islands)

Tahitian Princess February 2005 (Tahiti honeymoon)
Golden Princess May 2003 (Mediterranean)
Golden Princess January 2002 (Eastern Caribbean)
Sea Princess March 2001 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Inspiration March 1997 (Southern Caribbean)
JCinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
lorimay
DIS Veteran

We sailed the first time on The Fantasy in Feb. after 8 on The Magic and Wonder.

We loved the Adult areas, they are so spacious and beautiful.
Satellite Falls is amazing. Can't wait to get back on in the Fall.
We also loved Remy brunch and dinner.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #11
jimsubry
Mouseketeer

I found service fabulous in the MDRs! Very attentive and bent over backwards to make everything perfect!

Although yes, the kids pools always seemed to be overcrowded, the adult pools and nearby bar were not! Very nice and peaceful if you want to get away.
jimsubry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #12
ocspartan
DIS Veteran

EVERYTHING!!!

and I experienced some of the vibration that was discussed, but don't let that effect your planning and excitement.... The Fantasy is one of the most advanced ships on the seas... honestly the pools were fine, just depends when you go. So much to do that I don't recall sitting around wondering what to do next.... we liked it so much we're going back next year

But the true proof for me of how great the fantasy is, was when I overheard my kiddos playing cruise ship in the game room well after we returned home... they were going through the whole process of getting on board and getting things set up. Never after our other disney cruises did they ever do anything like that.
ocspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #13
dianachaney77
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all your comments! You have reassured me that we have made the right decision by choosing the Fantasy this time around. I am so excited!!!

- Me - DH DS (7)

Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
Callymum
DIS Veteran

Loved the Fantasy, it was a wonderful experience and the food was amazing. I especially loved Reme and Palo. Then again I love all the Disney Ships really.
The staff and the way you are treated is so much more respectful than in Disney World. You are really made to feel Special. And I loved the Rainforest Room Spa.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #15
Bree
DIS Veteran

We were on the Easter cruise last month. Although we had dining room issues the rest of our time spent on the ship more than made up for that. It is a gorgeous ship and the details everywhere are just amazing. We loved midship detective agency or shuffleboard when the pools were busy. Character meet and greets were better than the parks, IMO. Our son loved Edge and my daughter the club/lab. You won't be disappointed in sailing on the Fantasy!

Bree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: