Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #1471
Alicatt
Mouseketeer

SW 24 hour check in and RAC

Hello! I've tried reading through the thread but I didn't see an answer to my question. I will be taking DME and using RAC on my return trip which is on Southwest. Can I be checked in/ check myself in at the 24 hour mark and still use RAC to check my bags and print my passes the morning of the trip?
Thanks for the help!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #1472
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicatt View Post
Hello! I've tried reading through the thread but I didn't see an answer to my question. I will be taking DME and using RAC on my return trip which is on Southwest. Can I be checked in/ check myself in at the 24 hour mark and still use RAC to check my bags and print my passes the morning of the trip?
Thanks for the help!
We bought EBCI when we flew SWA home in Sept and had no problems using RAC at AKL. Technically it's SWA checking us in early.
I don't see why it would be any different if you checked yourself in at t-24 but perhaps someone can post who has done that recently.
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #1473
disneyxo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
We bought EBCI when we flew SWA home in Sept and had no problems using RAC at AKL. Technically it's SWA checking us in early.
I don't see why it would be any different if you checked yourself in at t-24 but perhaps someone can post who has done that recently.
I am happy to read this as we are flying SW for the first time this trip. We did buy EBCI and I was wondering how that worked with using RAC. Looks like it works good
Old 04-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #1474
QueenofPrideRock
Mouseketeer

Is there any benefit to using RAC if you are not checking bags? We will be flying home on United but just with carry-ons. I usually use the app to check in and get a mobile boarding pass, too.

Disney College Program Cast Member June 2010 - May 2011 // Kilimanjaro Safaris // HAMJAMBO, Simba 1!
QueenofPrideRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #1475
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofPrideRock View Post
Is there any benefit to using RAC if you are not checking bags? We will be flying home on United but just with carry-ons. I usually use the app to check in and get a mobile boarding pass, too.
If you aren't checking bags and you already have a boarding pass, I can't think of a reason for you to use RAC.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #1476
QueenofPrideRock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
If you aren't checking bags and you already have a boarding pass, I can't think of a reason for you to use RAC.
Thanks! That's kind of what I'd been thinking.

Disney College Program Cast Member June 2010 - May 2011 // Kilimanjaro Safaris // HAMJAMBO, Simba 1!
QueenofPrideRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #1477
Levenseller215
Earning My Ears

Here is my scenario. Any help is appreciated.

Flying in May 22 for the 24hr event. Using ME and staying at Sports. Heading early in the AM of the 23rd over the parks for the 24 full hours. Our reservation is for only the night of the 22nd. So effectively we will be checked out at sometime we are in one of the parks.

The plan was to grab a resort bus at 6am on the 24th, back to Sports and jumping on ME for our flight home.

After I paid for the res with gift cards (so I can't really go a different route, off site etc...) my TA is telling me I can't book ME after check out date. Am I going t get the same answer when I am actually at Disney? Anyone had success with a similar scenario?

Thanks. LK
Levenseller215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #1478
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levenseller215 View Post
Here is my scenario. Any help is appreciated.

Flying in May 22 for the 24hr event. Using ME and staying at Sports. Heading early in the AM of the 23rd over the parks for the 24 full hours. Our reservation is for only the night of the 22nd. So effectively we will be checked out at sometime we are in one of the parks.

The plan was to grab a resort bus at 6am on the 24th, back to Sports and jumping on ME for our flight home.

After I paid for the res with gift cards (so I can't really go a different route, off site etc...) my TA is telling me I can't book ME after check out date. Am I going t get the same answer when I am actually at Disney? Anyone had success with a similar scenario?

Thanks. LK
The TA is correct. You will not be able to use DME after the 23rd.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #1479
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

The only time you 'might' be able to use DME after official checkout day, would be if you're checkout day was, let's say, Tuesday, and there were EMHs at MK that night until 2am. You wouldn't officially be a resort guest after midnight, but you could probably book DME for shortly after the park closed.
But, if you're last day is, again, Tuesday, but you want to head to a park for a 24 hr deal, that ends on Wednesday night? Nope. I think they only give you a few hours wiggle room, if at all.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #1480
Levenseller215
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
The only time you 'might' be able to use DME after official checkout day, would be if you're checkout day was, let's say, Tuesday, and there were EMHs at MK that night until 2am. You wouldn't officially be a resort guest after midnight, but you could probably book DME for shortly after the park closed. But, if you're last day is, again, Tuesday, but you want to head to a park for a 24 hr deal, that ends on Wednesday night? Nope. I think they only give you a few hours wiggle room, if at all.
So if I am checking out on the 23rd, a 6am or 8am trip on MDE is out? Hoping maybe I get a little good karma and leeway once I get there because of the 24hr day.

If I don't, what are my options? Book another night, take a cab, Mears.... Anything else? What's the easiest? What's the least expensive?

Thanks lk
Old 05-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #1481
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So if I am checking out on the 23rd, a 6am or 8am trip on MDE is out? Hoping maybe I get a little good karma and leeway once I get there because of the 24hr day.

If I don't, what are my options? Book another night, take a cab, Mears.... Anything else? What's the easiest? What's the least expensive?

Thanks lk
So, you check in on May 22, head to MK early on the 23rd...your checkout day. You are basically fine until midnight on the 23rd. But, since you'll be returning to the resort around 6 am, technically, you aren't entitled to ride DME....that option ran out 6-7 hours prior. But.....check at the front desk when you check in....there may very well be something they can do to help you.
If not...I would book the Mears shuttle....$20 one way back to MCO. Then, you may very well just be put on the DME bus in any case.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #1482
Levenseller215
Earning My Ears

Thanks. I am hoping they will cut me a little slack once I am at the resort and tell them exactly what's going on.

So, assuming they say no can't help, is booking Mears as easy as making a phone call and booking a one way trip to the airport?

Appreciate the help. LK
Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #1483
donp
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked many times--I tried to look through all these pages, but got dizzy . . .

On my LAST day of my Disney vacation, I need to get back to the airport not to catch my flight that night, but to get a shuttle to an airport hotel that I will be staying at so that I can catch said airport shuttle back to the airport in the morning and hop on a plane--so my flight is actually the next morning after I have checked out of the resort.

SO-how do I schedule that return trip when I link everything together with Disney Travel Company? If I put in my flight info, that will be for the day AFTER I am actually leaving the park. Do I just check the flights that leave MCO late on the day that I want to get back to the airport and "pick one?" and just carry my luggage on the bus? Is there a way to schedule the last evening bus that goes back to the airport without have to put in travel info?

donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #1484
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks. I am hoping they will cut me a little slack once I am at the resort and tell them exactly what's going on.

So, assuming they say no can't help, is booking Mears as easy as making a phone call and booking a one way trip to the airport?

Appreciate the help. LK
I would plan on just calling Mears after you find out if DME is out of the question or not. But check on return DME when you check in...then you'll have time to call Mears. It's very easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
Sorry if this has been asked many times--I tried to look through all these pages, but got dizzy . . .

On my LAST day of my Disney vacation, I need to get back to the airport not to catch my flight that night, but to get a shuttle to an airport hotel that I will be staying at so that I can catch said airport shuttle back to the airport in the morning and hop on a plane--so my flight is actually the next morning after I have checked out of the resort.

SO-how do I schedule that return trip when I link everything together with Disney Travel Company? If I put in my flight info, that will be for the day AFTER I am actually leaving the park. Do I just check the flights that leave MCO late on the day that I want to get back to the airport and "pick one?" and just carry my luggage on the bus? Is there a way to schedule the last evening bus that goes back to the airport without have to put in travel info?
You could put in 'fake' info for a flight that leaves about 3 hrs later than you want to be at the airport. For instance...if you want to be at MCO at 8pm, find a flight that leaves around 10:30ish. You get picked up about 3 hrs prior to flight time.
Or...you can just call DME and tell them that you need to get back to MCO but you won't have a flight booked....many people do just this thing.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:14 PM   #1485
Jules123
Mouseketeer

First time DME user here. Our return flight doesn't leave until 9:20 p.m. I had planned on getting up that morning, doing RAC and leaving my bags, then heading to MK to spend the day. But I see I can't check in with RAC more than 12 hours before my flight, which would be after 9:20 a.m. I had hoped to be at MK by rope drop. Do I just need to leave my bags with bell services and then come back and do RAC before they close at 1?? Or just forget about rope drop that day and sleep in a little and then do RAC around 9:30 a.m., then head to MK?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: