Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #31
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcklein5269 View Post
Just stayed there last October and loved it.... The concierge room with free breakfast was such a great way to start the day and the rooms were right up by the front!!!! In the evening the concierge room has snacks pop and free alcohol for those who indulge the room does close midday. We were in the FD so it was like we have free breakfast lunch and dinner
OH THANK YOU!!! Any tips you can share? The best bus stop? Room or floor to request? Thanks so much!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #32
Visualauren
Earning My Ears

We will be staying May 7,8,9 we are thinking of upgrading to business class. What are the hours? Any hot food? Pictures if the BC lounge? Hours if the BC lounge? Was it a crowded building and area?
Visualauren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #33
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncredibleboysMom View Post
Could you add some information about accessible/handicapped rooms?

Thanks!
I don't have much info but I will look back in the old FAQ threads and see what I can find to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetter View Post
Ok you CSR peeps. We were planning on staying POR again this year providing they were included in the FD but looks like they will not. We will be going in Sept. Now thinking CSR. We loved POR. Will we love CSR as much or more. Give me all the pros and cons. I know it's a convention resort and have already seen somewhere there is a convention the week we will be there. When there is a convention does it make the buses more packed? Hopefully after staying POR we won't be disappointed.
In my opinion, conventions actually make the buses LESS crowded. The conventioneers are often in meetings all day and tend to spend time at Rix Lounge or Laguna Bar in the evening. My general experience has been that buses and the main pool are calmer when there is a convention. Plus, not all conventions are large. We have seen some that have a noticeable impact but not many and we have stayed at CSR nearly 20 times.

I believe CSR is bigger than POR so there is more walking involved to get to the food options at El Centro. And the main pool is located halfway across the resort from the main building. If you want to be close to both, book Business Club Level which guarantees you a room in Cabanas 9B. Otherwise, request 9A or 8B.
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #34
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if cabanas 9A and 8B are standard? Also Casitas 5?

jessicamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #35
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post
Can anyone tell me if cabanas 9A and 8B are standard? Also Casitas 5?
Yes, Cabanas 9A & 8B, Casitas 4 & 5 have standard, water & king rooms

The only "premium" buildings are:
Preferred: Casitas 1, 2 & 3
Business Club Level: Cabanas 9B
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 05-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #36
Iloveyoumost
Mouseketeer

Just booked CSR for November. We wanted POR again, but with free dining we chose CSR. Hope we love it. Subbing so I can find out all the great details.
Iloveyoumost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #37
Arthur92
Mouseketeer

Stayed in Aug & Nov 2013 love love love this resort.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #38
summerlady
DIS Veteran

I have a room in Cabanas 9B reserved (YAY!). I don't think there are parking lot views in that building, but can you request a water view vs. garden view without an extra charge? Thanks.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #39
rcklein5269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
OH THANK YOU!!! Any tips you can share? The best bus stop? Room or floor to request? Thanks so much!
One thing I would consider is looking at going to bus stop 4 instead of the stop at the main entrance because that actually ends up being the last of four stops and at times that bus will be full before it gets to you
rcklein5269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #40
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
I have a room in Cabanas 9B reserved (YAY!). I don't think there are parking lot views in that building, but can you request a water view vs. garden view without an extra charge? Thanks.
9B looks out on Lago Dorado and a small pond towards the main entrance of the resort. I believe you can put a view request on your online check-in.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #41
bafleyanne
Earning My Ears

Like many it seems, we are PO refugees! Hoping to stay at CSR in November with free dining but we are not DV holders so we have to wait until the 7th to book.

I have a couple of questions since we have never stayed at CSR before. We'll be travelling with a 13 year old DS and a 3 year old DD. We don't typically use the pool much, and we'll be going on a cruise right after our Disney stay so I'm not too worried about being near the pool, but would like to be near a bus stop so that we can get around easily. What would be the best building for us?

We're hoping for a first floor room but in case we don't get that, do the buildings at CSR have elevators?

Anything else we should know? I am a bit worried that the kids won't have as much fun at CSR--we stayed in a Royal Room at POR last year and they LOVED that so I'm wondering if CSR will be a bit of a letdown. I'm excited about it though, it's the only moderate we've never done and I've been wanting to try it.

bafleyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #42
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Again, another POR that switched to CSR for FD! Both were choices when I first reserved but POR won out. I researched and new all about POR then FD forced the switch. I'm excited to learn more about CSR......

Like the last post - my main question is what is the elevator situation?

What's the possibility of getting Cabanas 8B if I get a waterview room?

Oh, and we are going at Christmas time and my birthday!!!! Dec 13th-20th
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #43
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bafleyanne View Post
Like many it seems, we are PO refugees! Hoping to stay at CSR in November with free dining but we are not DV holders so we have to wait until the 7th to book.

I have a couple of questions since we have never stayed at CSR before. We'll be travelling with a 13 year old DS and a 3 year old DD. We don't typically use the pool much, and we'll be going on a cruise right after our Disney stay so I'm not too worried about being near the pool, but would like to be near a bus stop so that we can get around easily. What would be the best building for us?

We're hoping for a first floor room but in case we don't get that, do the buildings at CSR have elevators?

Anything else we should know? I am a bit worried that the kids won't have as much fun at CSR--we stayed in a Royal Room at POR last year and they LOVED that so I'm wondering if CSR will be a bit of a letdown. I'm excited about it though, it's the only moderate we've never done and I've been wanting to try it.
CSR is a beautiful resort!

The kids will LOVE the pool! It has (I believe) the longest slide of all the resorts. It's a good one!

IMGP7102 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0523 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP7098 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0509 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

IMGP0512 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

The "quiet" pools in the different areas are amazing too! We enjoyed both The Dig Site AND the quiet pool.

IMGP7078 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

0406121304 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Turtles and fish in the lake!

IMGP0483 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Super yummy Gelato at Café Rix!

IMGP7139 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Yes there are elevators! This is located right next to our elevators in Cabanas 9A.

IMGP7148 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

My DS11 loved it here! He really enjoyed checking out his magazine while chillin' on a hammock. The little one will enjoy playing in the soft sand there!! There's also a sand play area in the playground over by The Dig Site.

0406121330 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Hopefully they will love it at CSR.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #44
Emme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcklein5269 View Post
One thing I would consider is looking at going to bus stop 4 instead of the stop at the main entrance because that actually ends up being the last of four stops and at times that bus will be full before it gets to you
That's EXACTLY the type of info I am looking for. Thank you... If you think of anything else PLEASE post!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #45
hjackson
Earning My Ears

Just booked CSR for a birthday trip the last week of Sept. Haven't been there since honeymoon in 2001 and we've been loyal to POFQ but switched for free dining. Hoping the kids will like it since they've never been. Looking forward to any info and tips I can get from everyone. Thanks in advance!!
hjackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: