Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
burnetta696
Mouseketeer
 
burnetta696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 81

Apple scooter-recent experiences

I've been seeing a lot of negatives about apple scooter lately, so I was just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with them recently. I have a scooter from there reserved for my grandmother for our upcoming trip in June because I had heard good things, and they are the cheapest... But I'm wondering if I should switch to somewhere else. I have to use the featured vendors because we will have to leave it with bell services.
__________________
ASMusic August 1996 | Offsite May 2007 | ASMovies June 2011


burnetta696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer
 
SashaFarce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 336

We rent from them 3-5 times a year, sometimes more. Any issues we have had with them have been resolved quickly. I think they have had some growing pains and maybe some management/hierarchy changes and since then we have seen a slight decline in service, but not enough to change (yet). I would still at this time recommend them.
__________________

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop
Dec 2013 @ DLR Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies

Upcoming Trips: Aug 2014 Oct 2014

SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran
 
olwyngdh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicopee, MA
Posts: 750

I used them in January, and my experience was fine. The scooter was a little scratched and beat up looking, but it ran fine and I never had a problem with it.
__________________
DH Me DD29 DSiL DD12
First Trip October 2009 Offsite, Birthday Trip May 2011 Pop Century, Birthday Trip April 2013 Pop Century, Wedding trip Jan 2014 SoG

olwyngdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran
 
dawgsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,652

I used Apple for several years to rent for my mom. Couldn't have been more pleased! We go 3-4 times per year. Then I had 4 bad experiences. I feel like a gave them a chance! They always showed up and quickly resolved the problems, but that just gets old after awhile. From what I can gather on these boards and from talking with folks I meet up with at WDW, it is the luck of the draw. Some get great scooters and others get hunks of junk. They have not replaced aging scooters as they should. It seems that management might have changed or something because they used to be much nicer and more customer orientated. My last experience with them was in Dec. I made sure I requested a new scooter and of course they left me with a scooter that would barely go. I called and was not very nice. Just told them to come and get it and that I was through with them. They did show up at the resort a couple of hours later with a brand new scooter! In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount. What?? I was done with Apple after that. I know that others have had great experiences with Apple, but am sharing what my experience has been. Hope you have a great trip!!
dawgsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

We use them 4-5 times a year and have never had a single problem. The last time we used them was March 21-31st, so just last month.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
rj137
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 50

Was just at Disney beginning of March and must say compared to Walker and Buena the scooters with Apple's name on them were looking a bit "worn" and ready for replacement.
Just my opinion.
rj137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
RubySlippers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 686

Quote:
In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount.
WOW!!
RubySlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -
 
Allison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
I used Apple for several years to rent for my mom. Couldn't have been more pleased! We go 3-4 times per year. Then I had 4 bad experiences. I feel like a gave them a chance! They always showed up and quickly resolved the problems, but that just gets old after awhile. From what I can gather on these boards and from talking with folks I meet up with at WDW, it is the luck of the draw. Some get great scooters and others get hunks of junk. They have not replaced aging scooters as they should. It seems that management might have changed or something because they used to be much nicer and more customer orientated. My last experience with them was in Dec. I made sure I requested a new scooter and of course they left me with a scooter that would barely go. I called and was not very nice. Just told them to come and get it and that I was through with them. They did show up at the resort a couple of hours later with a brand new scooter! In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount. What?? I was done with Apple after that. I know that others have had great experiences with Apple, but am sharing what my experience has been. Hope you have a great trip!!
There has been speculation this was happening.
__________________
LIFE IS GOOD
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
bidnow5
DIS Veteran
 
bidnow5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 549

Too bad I'm done with them for the same reason it isn't right to basically pay people to write good reviews
__________________
Glen
34 trips to WDW in 26 years

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #10
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran
 
dawgsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,652

[QUOTE=bidnow5;51256734]Too bad I'm done with them for the same reason it isn't right to basically pay people to write good reviews[/QUOTE


Funny thing is, I would have written a terrible review!! LOL!! Bet I would not have gotten a discount!
dawgsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:30 AM   #11
rj137
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
I used Apple for several years to rent for my mom. Couldn't have been more pleased! We go 3-4 times per year. Then I had 4 bad experiences. I feel like a gave them a chance! They always showed up and quickly resolved the problems, but that just gets old after awhile. From what I can gather on these boards and from talking with folks I meet up with at WDW, it is the luck of the draw. Some get great scooters and others get hunks of junk. They have not replaced aging scooters as they should. It seems that management might have changed or something because they used to be much nicer and more customer orientated. My last experience with them was in Dec. I made sure I requested a new scooter and of course they left me with a scooter that would barely go. I called and was not very nice. Just told them to come and get it and that I was through with them. They did show up at the resort a couple of hours later with a brand new scooter! In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount. What?? I was done with Apple after that. I know that others have had great experiences with Apple, but am sharing what my experience has been. Hope you have a great trip!!
That's just plain wrong! If a company has to stoop so low as to "buy" what should be a legitimate testimonial I would never trust that company again. Funny thing is they are also "buying" to be on Disney's vendor list, so if Disney reads these boards and truly cares about visitor experience I hope to see some changes in policy on their part as well.
Just my opinion...
rj137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #12
Gizmo1951
DIS Veteran
 
Gizmo1951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NORTHERN WISCONSIN
Posts: 1,128

We have one reserved for our trip in a few weeks

I have used them before with no problems but am concerned after recent comments

I called them yesterday with a question and the agent did not instill much confidence during the conversation

I will post my experience after our trip
__________________
Gizmo1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #13
burnetta696
Mouseketeer
 
burnetta696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 81

Thanks everyone... I look forward to another review, and the comments here are concerning. I don't like their attitude but, will talk with my grandmother and see what she wants to do.
__________________
ASMusic August 1996 | Offsite May 2007 | ASMovies June 2011


burnetta696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #14
SashaFarce
Mouseketeer
 
SashaFarce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 336

I have to amend my previous comments. I think we've decided that after this trip we will no longer use Apple unless there is some drastic turnaround in our experience next week. I don't know what happened to Alex, but when he was the guy "in charge" (not sure what role he had) things got done right. Not so much anymore.
__________________

Past Trips: Prior to 2013: 14 trips
Feb 2013 @ AoA Sept 2013 @ CBR Oct 2013 @ Pop
Dec 2013 @ DLR Feb 2014 @ ASMusic Apr 2014 on the Disney Dream May 2014 @ ASMovies

Upcoming Trips: Aug 2014 Oct 2014

SashaFarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #15
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran
 
dawgsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaFarce View Post
I have to amend my previous comments. I think we've decided that after this trip we will no longer use Apple unless there is some drastic turnaround in our experience next week. I don't know what happened to Alex, but when he was the guy "in charge" (not sure what role he had) things got done right. Not so much anymore.
I agree with you about Alex. All my troubles started when he was not there anymore. Hope you have a great trip!!
dawgsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.