Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #1861
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

I have a question about the annual passes…we are going April 2015 so I have some time to think about this. Is it better to buy the annual passes ahead of time? Is there some sort of hotel discount if we do that? Or is the discount vice-versa? Should I get the hotel first? Thanks
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #1862
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzrelly View Post
I have a question about the annual passes…we are going April 2015 so I have some time to think about this. Is it better to buy the annual passes ahead of time? Is there some sort of hotel discount if we do that? Or is the discount vice-versa? Should I get the hotel first? Thanks
You don't need to have the AP in hand to book with an annual pass discount. Use the code APH here ... http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR

There is no advantage other than saving time to buy the AP ahead of time. You really don't want to be waiting in line at the ticket booths when you get there.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #1863
lcvb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i'm looking at my january 2014 receipt for rph and i paid $149 a night with the aph rate.
Thanks for the feedback.

lcvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #1864
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You don't need to have the AP in hand to book with an annual pass discount. Use the code APH here ... http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR There is no advantage other than saving time to buy the AP ahead of time. You really don't want to be waiting in line at the ticket booths when you get there.
Thanks for the link!
1989 Off Site-2003 Contemporary Resort-2006 Old Key West-2008 Caribbean Beach Resort-2010 Contemporary Resort-2012 Disney Cruise Line Magic-2013 Contemporary Resort-2013 Beach Club -2014 POP Century with Dance the World

Old 04-17-2014, 01:04 AM   #1865
AlisaMom
Mouseketeer

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaMom View Post
I know that pool hopping is allowed between PBH, HRH and RPR. But does somebody know is pool hopping allowed between RPR and Cabana Bay? We'd like to explore this new hotel during our June RPR stay

Today I've got a reply form Guest Services

"Thank you for contacting Universal Orlando® Guest Services.
Please be aware that only direct Guests of Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort may use their pool facilities. / I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (407) 224-4233, option three (3)"
AlisaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #1866
pcstang
Mouseketeer

Did RPR also take the mini bar out and leave just a fridge?
pcstang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #1867
Lady888
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
There is a publix on kirkman rd,about 5 mins from Universal.
https://foursquare.com/v/publix-supe...64a52016a624e3
I leave in 1.5 days...woohoo!

I called RPR and they said the closest grocery store is Whole Foods on Turkey Lake road and they gave me the address to add to my maps from the airport. Now should I go to the Publix or to Whole Foods? They don't have a Whole Foods where I live so I have no idea what kind of food they have there. I am looking for breakfast items, fruit, water, juices, snacks etc (we got a fridge for our room at RPR). Would Whole Foods have what we need? oh - and I don't want to pay crazy prices lol.
Lady888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #1868
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcstang View Post
Did RPR also take the mini bar out and leave just a fridge?
Not yet. Maybe when they renovate.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #1869
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady888 View Post
I leave in 1.5 days...woohoo! I called RPR and they said the closest grocery store is Whole Foods on Turkey Lake road and they gave me the address to add to my maps from the airport. Now should I go to the Publix or to Whole Foods? They don't have a Whole Foods where I live so I have no idea what kind of food they have there. I am looking for breakfast items, fruit, water, juices, snacks etc (we got a fridge for our room at RPR). Would Whole Foods have what we need? oh - and I don't want to pay crazy prices lol.
I don't know about that particular Whole Foods, but we call the WF here in CT "whole paycheck," because that's what you'll spend there for one bag of groceries. They are known for their fresh, organic produce. They also have tons of boxed, organic foods and organic meats, etc. If you are looking for Quaker granola bars or Lucky Charms or similar, you won't find them here.

I would suggest going to Publix for what you are looking for.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #1870
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I called RPR and they said the closest grocery store is Whole Foods on Turkey Lake road and they gave me the address to add to my maps from the airport. Now should I go to the Publix or to Whole Foods? They don't have a Whole Foods where I live so I have no idea what kind of food they have there. I am looking for breakfast items, fruit, water, juices, snacks etc (we got a fridge for our room at RPR). Would Whole Foods have what we need? oh - and I don't want to pay crazy prices lol.
Publix is a normal grocery store. Whole Foods is an upscale one with lots of organic and specialty items. We generally hit both, but we eat a lot of organic anyway. We also always have a rental car.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:20 AM   #1871
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:

If you look on your map drive straight past Whole foods on Turkey Lake Road, 2 minutes past it there is a giant WalMart.......you can't miss it and would get everything you need in there.

It's a 5 minute drive from RPR

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
SEPTEMBER/OCT 2015 18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #1872
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I am thinking of staying here one night in early Jan when we go to US/IOA mostly forvthe express pass. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a refridg not a stocked mini bar? I am diabetic and will have to store my extra meds.

2) anybody stayed concierge level here.? Is it worth it?

Any tips or suggestions. There will be three of us. One who travels with a wheelchair but not confined to it. The wheelchair provides security in crowds and safety.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #1873
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

when you book, let them know you need a fridge for medical purposes.
there won't be a charge for it.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #1874
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
when you book, let them know you need a fridge for medical purposes.
there won't be a charge for it.
Thanks, Macraven!!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #1875
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post

2) anybody stayed concierge level here.? Is it worth it?
The value of Club level is very individual.

If you are omnivores with no food allergies or issues, it's more worth it. If you are there during times when the park hours don't interfere with you getting breakfast and then being to the park entrance on time, it's more worth it. If you're resort-bodies (like homebodies but on vacation) and will be there for most snack-times, it's way more worth it.

Basically, the more you're there to take advantage of what you're paying for, the more value the Club level will hold for you!

And then there's the intangible...my husband just loves having a lounge to go back to that not everyone gets to go to. It's a feeling of exclusivity that really does something for him. You can't put a monetary value on it, but it really increases his happiness.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: