Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
disneyisawesome07
Mouseketeer

Ugh...Seriously Disney Channel >:(

I rarely watch the Disney channel because I think their new 2014 shows are just trying to be funny when they're not. Am I alone in this? I told my mom I really wish they would bring back the classic Disney movies or shows so this new generation can watch. I feel like a majority of the magic is absent from the channel now. It also doesn't help that they're going to show Ice Age, which isn't even a Disney movie at all. I don't waste my time hating on things I don't like, but I really wish they would bring back the classics on that channel, like Jungle Cubs, House of Mouse, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Thoughts?
disneyisawesome07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #2
mguilford1
Mouseketeer

I agree with you. I am so tired of trying to find appropriate shows for my 7 yo granddaughter, bring back the classic family movies that we can watch together or make some new movies that does not involve the girl dressing skimpy, trying to impress and win the boys and making out! I thought I would find what I needed on Disney Channel
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 AM   #3
disneyisawesome07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguilford1 View Post
I agree with you. I am so tired of trying to find appropriate shows for my 7 yo granddaughter, bring back the classic family movies that we can watch together or make some new movies that does not involve the girl dressing skimpy, trying to impress and win the boys and making out! I thought I would find what I needed on Disney Channel
True
disneyisawesome07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
shaymin2348
Small grass Pokemon

Sadly, Disney Channel's to stupid to realize things like C&D's RR, DuckTales, And DarkWing Duck is what should be on Disney, rather than High School girls getting into boys. Disney Channel people really need to go back and watch EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE. Of every past DC show before 2004. But until then, we'll have to wait.

2006- POP
2013_ ASMu
Hope to go Soon!
shaymin2348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
mguilford1
Mouseketeer

Maybe if enough people make it known that we would like the old fashion family shows to watch with our children and grandchildren they will listen. I can remember as a kid waiting for Sunday night so all 5 of us kids and my parents could sit together and watch a family movie! And yes in some movies there were princesses and princes, but it wasnt the same "tone" as it is now.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
nugov2
DIS Veteran

I personally don't like Nickelodeon or Disney shows(live people ones). I find the kids snotty and don't really love the interactions. We really don't watch them. My oldest is 9 and she has little interest in them so we pretty much just stick with PBS kids. Cute shows, good message and learn a little something. Love the Electric Company. I am not someone who shelters my kids from everything...my dd 7 loves superheroes and he watches a lot of those shows too(he's even seen some of the PG13 movies), but something about those tween live actor shows just are off putting. I do miss the old days of ducktails I also loved Dumbos Circus...anyone remember that show?
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:47 AM   #7
cteddiesgirl
Not invisible to the Tag Fairy. :)
My poll probably has more choices
Yep. I'm a real dork

Location: 970 miles from WDW and 2070 miles from DLR in Indy, IN :(

Some of those older shows are available on DVD. Look for them on Amazon. I haven't bought any other than season 1 of Chip 'N' Dale's Rescue Rangers cause I've been broke.

Fight hate and Promote Tolerance. www.Tolerance.org www.goodbearsoftheworld.org www.pbs.org
WDW in '72 (in the womb), '75, '76, '78,'79,'83,'89 (offsite), '97 CBR, '14 ASMu.
cteddiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:40 AM   #8
oneprincessjo
Mouseketeer

My father in law has the best idea. With all the cable channels we have... even the 3 or 4 Disney channels, why can't they have a Disney Classics channel with all the old cartoons and movies that we grew up with. I'm sure it would be a hit. We watch some of the classics on Netflix and my 2 year old loves it, it's just slim pickens on Netflix though. Sometimes Disney Jr. plays the older stuff but it's at odd times and few between.

February 25th - March 1st 2008: Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon and First EVER Disney World Trip!!!
November 28th - December 3rd 2010: Wilderness Lodge
February 26th - March 1st 2012: Bay Lake Tower
November 24th 2012: Old Key West
November 25th - 29th 2012: Bay Lake Tower
January 23rd 2014: Beach Club Villas
January 24th - 31st 2014: Bay Lake Tower
oneprincessjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
cteddiesgirl
Not invisible to the Tag Fairy. :)
My poll probably has more choices
Yep. I'm a real dork

Location: 970 miles from WDW and 2070 miles from DLR in Indy, IN :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprincessjo View Post
My father in law has the best idea. With all the cable channels we have... even the 3 or 4 Disney channels, why can't they have a Disney Classics channel with all the old cartoons and movies that we grew up with. I'm sure it would be a hit. We watch some of the classics on Netflix and my 2 year old loves it, it's just slim pickens on Netflix though. Sometimes Disney Jr. plays the older stuff but it's at odd times and few between.
About 10 years ago, I said the same thing. Have yet to see it happen. If they did, it would surely be a high premium channel.

Fight hate and Promote Tolerance. www.Tolerance.org www.goodbearsoftheworld.org www.pbs.org
WDW in '72 (in the womb), '75, '76, '78,'79,'83,'89 (offsite), '97 CBR, '14 ASMu.
cteddiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
Cinderella8
Don't question my nerdy logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyisawesome07 View Post
I rarely watch the Disney channel because I think their new 2014 shows are just trying to be funny when they're not. Am I alone in this? I told my mom I really wish they would bring back the classic Disney movies or shows so this new generation can watch. I feel like a majority of the magic is absent from the channel now. It also doesn't help that they're going to show Ice Age, which isn't even a Disney movie at all. I don't waste my time hating on things I don't like, but I really wish they would bring back the classics on that channel, like Jungle Cubs, House of Mouse, and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Thoughts?
I definitely agree!!

The only live-action show I find tolerable is Liv and Maddie. And as far as animated shows, I only like Gravity Falls, Max Steel, and Slugterra.

I LOVED House of Mouse, it was my favorite!
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shanai and Eli Shane~"When you're finished with your awkward moment..." -Master Shanai
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"You're a Shane, aren't ya?" "Yeah. How'd you guess?" "You're acting like one! You plan on going after Blakk?" "I plan on fighting the bad guys wherever I find them."~"I don't know what to say." "Say you'll be the man your father was." -Red Hook and Eli Shane
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Cinderella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
littlepanwhite
Earning My Ears

Right now disney channel sucks even with the new Mickey Mouse cartoons they need to replay house of mouse, the Aladdin series, the little mermaid series and some of the CLASSIC Mickey Mouse cartoons not this new animated stuff
littlepanwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #12
nealfreakinporter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepanwhite View Post
Right now disney channel sucks even with the new Mickey Mouse cartoons they need to replay house of mouse, the Aladdin series, the little mermaid series and some of the CLASSIC Mickey Mouse cartoons not this new animated stuff
Here here!!!! Why on earth can we not play the classic Mickey and Friends shorts?! Seriously frustrates me. OR, can we not drop those Disney treasures DVDs on Blu Ray? Ugh!!!

On a good note, as a Star Wars dork, the new Rebels cartoon drops on Disney XD in late summer early fall I believe!

First trip: Honeymoon April 2012 stayed off property at Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Second Trip: Oct 2013 (First trip on property)Stayed at Pop Century (MNSSHP)
nealfreakinporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #13
luisov
Mouseketeer

Disney Channel is probably the most embarassing division of the company right now. It used to be really good when they aired Lizzie Mcguire, That's so Raven, Even Stevens, even the original Zack & Cody... Now they just make dumb shows with bad comedy and annoying teenagers. They don't even air the classic Disney animated features.
luisov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
Redcon1
Mouseketeer

My kids watch these Disney shows endlessly. I do try to balance out this bad with good classic comedies like Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Green Acres, Get Smart and Bob Newhart. Hopefully this will make them more discerning on what to watch in their future television viewing.

I also wish Disney would show more of their classics like they used to do on Vault Disney.

Speaking of which, why not a whole channel devoted to that? There's plenty of material I'm sure to sustain its own channel.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #15
fhtpdw20
DIS Veteran

I have cut the cable cord and rely on my dvd collection now. I wish they would release more of the Walt era movies and shorts. Even with 4 shelves of Disney movies/animation/treasures/true life adventures to watch, I still miss Sunday evenings with Walt. I could kick myself for not purchasing some of the Treasures titles when they were available. I also keep hoping they will release the last two seasons of the Muppet show. At least I can introduce my grandkids to some of Disney the man and not just disney the brand.
fhtpdw20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: