Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #1966
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8 View Post
Congrats on being Lifetime! How long have you been on maintenance? I am still trying to figure out my goal weight. Maintenance is tricky!
A long time but within that stretch I've had to get back on the wagon. My advise is to ALWAYS attend meetings. IF not every week, every couple. As for the goal weight. Set something livable and perhaps about 5 pounds more than you really want to be. Gives you a bit of slack on those weeks you need it.

CONGRATS on maintenance. I remember when I hit my goal. Best accomplishment for sure
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #1967
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

update

Update:
I have lost 50lbs since my last cruise in March 2013. I have another 60lbs to go. My next cruise is in 13 months.
I may not make my goal weight by then but I will be not only thinner but healthier by then. I will be in my family photos and will participate in the Castaway Cay 5K and get the t-shirt. Those are my goals.

Went to the doctor's last week and I had lost 31 lbs since I last saw him. My blood pressure was down and he took me off of my diuretic and I am still taking a low dose BP pill. He wants me to do all my labs and see him again in 6 months.
2013 Spring Break Cruise - East Caribbean (San Juan) - Fantasy
2011 Christmas Cruise - West Caribbean - Magic
KaryCam is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #1968
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
A long time but within that stretch I've had to get back on the wagon. My advise is to ALWAYS attend meetings. IF not every week, every couple. As for the goal weight. Set something livable and perhaps about 5 pounds more than you really want to be. Gives you a bit of slack on those weeks you need it. CONGRATS on maintenance. I remember when I hit my goal. Best accomplishment for sure

I am actually an online member. I'm not having trouble staying on track, just figuring out when I want to call it. lol
Old 02-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #1969
WannaBinPictures
Earning My Ears

Me me!!

I am on a mission this year!! I have had a lifelong battle with weight, I've probably lost a million pounds over the years, which means I've gained back a million and one! UGH!!

Back on track again lately, working out 5 days a week at the gym, elliptical, arc trainer, weights. And I just started training for walking a half marathon in May.

My overall goal is to lose 80 pounds in 9 months, when we cruise on the Dream and also hit WDW. It's ambitious, but I typically average 8 to 10 pounds a month when I am really on the ball. So that's where I'm aiming, though really I am taking it week by week to look at the smaller, more obtainable picture. Baby steps to get there!
As my user name states, I want to be in pictures this trip!!! I always have an excuse to hide behind the camera, and it's time to be proud!

Thanks for this forum!

Last edited by WannaBinPictures; 02-21-2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: typo!
WannaBinPictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #1970
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBinPictures View Post
Me me!!

I am on a mission this year!! I have had a lifelong batter with weight, I've probably lost a million pounds over the years, which means I've gained back a million and one! UGH!!

Back on track again lately, working out 5 days a week at the gym, elliptical, arc trainer, weights. And I just started training for walking a half marathon in May.

My overall goal is to lose 80 pounds in 9 months, when we cruise on the Dream and also hit WDW. It's ambitious, but I typically average 8 to 10 pounds a month when I am really on the ball. So that's where I'm aiming, though really I am taking it week by week to look at the smaller, more obtainable picture. Baby steps to get there!
As my user name states, I want to be in pictures this trip!!! I always have an excuse to hide behind the camera, and it's time to be proud!

Thanks for this forum!
Sounds like a plan! Anything you are able to get off will make you feel better and improve your health.

I hear you about the loosing and gaining. If I had a dollar for every pound I'd be a rich woman.

Have a blast on your cruise!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:17 AM   #1971
dedesmith32
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I'm DeDe and I'm on a journey to lose weight. I would love to lose 40-50 pounds before my Disneyland Vacation in December 2014. Not sure its reasonable, but I'm going to try. I've currently lost 16 pounds since the first of the year.

Help me stay on track!

dedesmith32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #1972
Briarrose1306
Mouseketeer

Hello all! Today was my first visit to the WISH boards looking for others who are doing Medifast. I'm joining in here as well! I've got about 100lbs to lose. I'm at 237 right now, started at 250 3 weeks ago when I started Medifast.
Disneyland - BW Anaheim October 2013 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim June/July 2013 First Solo Trip
Disneyland - DLH April/May 2013 Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's Christmas 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's October 2012 Little Brother's Birthday Trip
Disneyland - BW Stovall's July 2012 First Disney Trip with Boyfriend
Disneyland - BW Stovall's & Anaheim Valentine's 2012 Family Trip
Disneyland - BW Anaheim December 2011 Brother/Sister Trip
Disneyland - BWPPI May 2011 Father/Daughter Trip - The Beginning of the Annual Passport
14 Disneyland Trips between 1984-2010
Briarrose1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #1973
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Welcome everyone!!!
Check out our monthly thread to catch up on the latest.
Here is March's thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3241802

and someone will be putting up April's thread soon!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #1974
disneychik21
Mouseketeer

Hey everybody! I am new to the WISH board. I am going to Italy as a nanny in July. I will be visiting Disneyland Paris, on one of my weekends off. I started my journey 2 weeks ago at 204 pounds. I haven't weighed since I started because I used to have problems with being obsessive about the scale. I have a doctor appointment on Good Friday, a little over a month since I started, and it will serve as my first weigh in. I am working out 6-7 days a week and tracking my food on myfitnesspal. I think I am noticing a difference, but we shall see.

My short term goal: lose 30 lbs by July 1st (4 months)
My long term goal: lose 74 lbs in a year

My goal weight: 130 lbs

WISH me luck!
SSR May 2010, CSR October 2010, SSR Dec 2010, VBR Dec 2010, SSR April 2011, OKW May 2011, AKL Sept 2011, DWL Nov 2011, AKL Dec 2011, BLT June 2012, CBR Dec 2012, POP Mar 2013, OKW June 2013, BLT July 2013, AKL Dec 2013, DL Paris July 2014

disneychik21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #1975
myadventurebook
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone.

I've been on the WISH boards for a little less than a week so I thought I'd better say hi here before any more time passed!

I started at about 175 (174.8) lbs. I've never weighed even close to that. I am 5'1". About 4 years ago I weighed 134, but due to a lot of big upsets I started emotional eating and indulged in a few too many adult beverages. I've cut that stuff out now and so far I have lost about 6 lbs. I weigh 168.9 right now.

I've been on WW for almost a month now, and it's been a pretty easy transition so far. My plan is to stick with that, but I'd also like to increase my exercise- I haven't been exercising much so far- and increase my fruit and veggie intake. Otherwise I will stick to what I've been doing, which is staying within my WW points for the day.

My goal weight is 149 right now, but I'd like to get back to 134 eventually. I just don't want to overwhelm myself. I often quit eating healthy when I get overwhelmed or think the goal is too daunting. I also don't have a goal date in mind. I'm taking things slow and steady.

Good luck to everyone!

Last Trip: November 2013/Pop
Next Trip: May 2015/TBD (probably Pop)
myadventurebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #1976
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Red face

Hi everyone. . Just found this thread and love it!

I have a trip in June to DW and want to lose some weight, get healthy and fit before our trip. Ultimately I want to lose 110 LBS. I am using the Jillian Michaels program.

I wish you all good luck and remember to focus on the positive accomplishments no matter how small and do not beat yourself up for "falling off the wagon." It is okay, one day will not kill you! Just get right back on track and do not let one incident snowball into guilt. You can do it one day at a time!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #1977
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryCam View Post
Update:
I have lost 50lbs since my last cruise in March 2013. I have another 60lbs to go. My next cruise is in 13 months.
I may not make my goal weight by then but I will be not only thinner but healthier by then. I will be in my family photos and will participate in the Castaway Cay 5K and get the t-shirt. Those are my goals.

Went to the doctor's last week and I had lost 31 lbs since I last saw him. My blood pressure was down and he took me off of my diuretic and I am still taking a low dose BP pill. He wants me to do all my labs and see him again in 6 months.

So, as of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 61 lbs. Getting closer to goal! 49 lbs to go.

My cruise is 11 months away.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #1978
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, as of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 61 lbs. Getting closer to goal! 49 lbs to go.

My cruise is 11 months away.
Great job!!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #1979
KaryCam
DIS Veteran

As of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 70 lbs.
40 lbs to go until goal.

Cruise is March 8. Even if I don't make goal by then, I will be much smaller than my last cruise which was at my heaviest.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #1980
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Quote:
As of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 70 lbs.
40 lbs to go until goal.

Cruise is March 8. Even if I don't make goal by then, I will be much smaller than my last cruise which was at my heaviest.

Great job! You're an inspiration!

JoshMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: