Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #10
icecreamforbreakfast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwick View Post
ok, guys.... here is a little argument me and my wife have...
she thinks i am crazy for doing all the reading and research on forums and on the web.
She believes everything is planned from the wish granting organisation... and it would be personalized for each kid going there...

Now whoever has been on a wishtrip can chime in here I guess

The way I understand this works is that it will be personalized to a certain degree... Like what surprise gifts you might get or you get your own personal star...
BUT i understand you can plan yourself when you visit what park... i.e. if or to which evening events you want to go...

The most of the planning they do is set the framework... Like provide breakfast lunch dinner and the evening events... at least that is how i understand the villa guide....
can someone confirm this, or did anyone have a different experience?

Is it different depending on the wish organisation?
The way I understand is that the wish organisation just lets you go to GKTW, but then the stay is pretty much the same no matter what wish granting organisation you go with, OR?

#rantmode ON#
Also my wish granting person is really discouraging me to do any research (what gets on my nerves big time).
Don't get me wrong I am very grateful they allow for us to do the trip (but so far I am not a big fan of our wish person)!
For example I asked about using FP+ for Parades or fireworks, since the lanyard or button should not work for any preferred treatment there. The answer I got was along the lines... dont worry about it. You can see the fireworks from everywhere in the park. Which believe might be true. BUT I am sure there is a different quality depending where you are. Also she did not answer my actual question about using FP+. I understand that she does not want me to worry about anything. But still.
#rantmode OFF"

Very happy to go in about 3 weeks...
Just ordered custom print shirts for all of us
As I mentioned before we went in 2010, so I don't know if anything has changed, but for us nothing was planned aside from flights. There was no itinerary provided, we were free to do whatever we wanted whenever. We did not get special access to parades or fireworks, but that was before fp+ offered that as a selection, so can't help you there.

As far as I know and heard from others travelling at around the same time, all the wish granting organizations are pretty much the same, they get you to GKTW then you are on your own to plan your days as you please. The only exception I have seen to this is if the wish was more "complex" and included something specific like a certain character meal or event or something, then that specific item was scheduled in for you.

The gifts given at the villa are exactly the same for each unit (it seemed that way while we were there anyway as we saw other kids carrying around the same stuff we got). I think it depends what kind of donations GKTW have received. We got some pretty "unusual" stuff (Betty Boop Christmas decoration & small Betty Boop bag for one ) Also, every child receives the same blank star to write their name on &/or personalize as they please, it is then added to the massive collection on the walls & ceiling.

So I guess to summarize, from our experience anyways, nothing was planned or personalized for our child. But, that didn't stop us from having a fabulous trip anyway!

Yes, we had icecream for breakfast ... more then once!!! Joey's Wish Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2631198
icecreamforbreakfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: