Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #166
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
They gave him Lortab which I'm splitting in half as not to upset his stomach. He's not eating which stinks. He's so little and can't afford to lose weight.

Hopefully his food baby is still there to help out

I'm hurting just thinking about it, I feel so bad for him

Quote:
He did like texting with you yesterday. One friend's mom is making him cheddar soup today. We bought him every kind of cold treat we could think of but of course nothing beats a McDonald's vanilla shake.

Stock up on those shakes! Or can you make him some at home? Lots of delicious calories in milk and ice cream.

I got the biggest smile when he started chatting with me, that made my day! Sad you guys are so far away or I'd definitely become a friendly stalker

Quote:
Perfect. You took lots of great pics. I'm excited to see them.

Cool will start posting some more.

Quote:
Next up is our spa tour and club tour along with Route 66.....I can't wait to get to the second dinner.
Looking forward to it

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #167
Pinkocto

Jenny let me know if I'm posting too much ok

So like Jenny already said we had been texting and she and Josh were already onboard. I couldn't wait to find them so was basically just pointing the camera here and there without leveling it at all, sorry most of these are a bit crooked.

Cruise terminal pictures:

Art Gallery

Shutters

I think everything about the ship is gorgeous, including the hallways and elevators

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #168
Pinkocto

Walking to find you guys

This one is seconds before meeting Josh

Outside area of Beach Blanket Buffet

After I left you guys settling into your room I went back to BBB, the mac and cheese was calling my name!

Everything was scrumptious!

Some pictures of the restaurant:

And then I went down to find my room

Old 04-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #169
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
It has been almost a year since our spring break Wonder cruise. It was amazing. We even picked up Cuban refugees during our cruise. I am looking forward to enjoying the ship once more though your report.

Kate
Quote:

Hi Kate and Cuban refugees? I think I vaguely remember seeing something about that. Very interesting. What did Disney do with them as far as rooms and food after picking them up?

I am so sorry about taking so long to reply. I teach at an inner city community college and one of my variable length classes just ended. At the beginning and end of each semester students go into “need” overload, as well they should. But that means my life (and my family’s life) gets put on hold during that time.

Back to the refugees; Jimmy, the cruise director, kept us informed as to what was happening via the intercom system. Our ship stopped when they spied the refugees and stayed still until the coast guard picked them up, approximately two hours later.
So the Wonder stopped, contacted the coast guard, sent a boat out to pick up the 4 men and 1 woman, and told “us” via Jimmy, that the refugees were in good spirits and health. The refugees were brought on board, fed and then sent away with the coast guard. I do not know what happened next. Someone said it would depend on where they were in international waters as to if they would be sent back to Cuba or taken to the US.

Oh, and their raft was just left floating in the ocean which I found strange.

Kate

Last edited by kid-at-heart; 04-18-2014 at 09:16 AM.
kid-at-heart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #170
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
They gave him Lortab which I'm splitting in half as not to upset his stomach. He's not eating which stinks. He's so little and can't afford to lose weight.

He did like texting with you yesterday. One friend's mom is making him cheddar soup today. We bought him every kind of cold treat we could think of but of course nothing beats a McDonald's vanilla shake.

Perfect. You took lots of great pics. I'm excited to see them.

Next up is our spa tour and club tour along with Route 66.....I can't wait to get to the second dinner.

He had 3 skin graphs on 6 teeth on his lower gums. They took the skin from his upper mouth so basically his whole mouth is in pain. Poor kid is miserable. M is home with him today and I was home yesterday. To add insult to injury, he got his top braces put on Tuesday so he's sore from that.
Ouch! Poor kid!

Jill in CO
Old 04-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #171
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I am so sorry about taking so long to reply. I teach at an inner city community college and one of my variable length classes just ended. At the beginning and end of each semester students go into “need” overload, as well they should. But that means my life (and my family’s life) gets put on hold during that time.

No apologies necessary. Sounds like you've got a very rewarding job that keeps you quite busy.

Quote:
Back to the refugees; Jimmy, the cruise director, kept us informed as to what was happening via the intercom system. Our ship stopped when they spied the refugees and stayed still until the coast guard picked them up, approximately two hours later.
So the Wonder stopped, contacted the coast guard, sent a boat out to pick up the 4 men and 1 woman, and told “us” via Jimmy, that the refugees were in good spirits and health. The refuges were brought on board, fed and then sent away with the coast guard. I do not know what happened next. Someone said it would depend on where they were in international waters as to if they would be sent back to Cuba or taken to the US.

Oh, and their raft was just left floating in the ocean which I found strange.

Kate

Thank you for coming back and sharing that story Kate. It's pretty amazing. I think it's really cool that Disney picked them up and has a protocol for that kind of situation. I wonder what they fed them? Mickey bars? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Ouch! Poor kid!

Jill in CO

He is pretty sore today and his mouth is quite swollen. He is so hungry and wanted Mexican food. I'm hoping a tamale is okay for Passover because that's what he ate. I know it's not kosher but its not leavened.

Pam, thank you so much for posting those. I love them! I have no pics of this so would you mind if I *borrowed* a few?

What a beautiful blue sky we had that day! Seriously we had amazing weather the whole trip. We lucked out.

Your chandelier pic kicks butt. It's truly a work of art that light fixture. The colors are stunning.

That Mac n cheese looks heavenly. I'm sorry I missed that.

Love the kiddie pool without the kids.

Joshua loves the porthole, said its super cool. He'd go for one of those he says. Your room looks nice. Did it get nice and dark for sleeping?

I'm so glad you posted terminal pics. I didn't get one of it or the gang plank or being introduced. These are awesome!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 04-17-2014 at 10:39 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #172
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hopefully his food baby is still there to help out

His food baby!!! Too much fun.

Quote:
I'm hurting just thinking about it, I feel so bad for him

I had it done on two teeth so I didn't think it would be as n tense as its ended up. He did eat tonight which is good.

Quote:
Stock up on those shakes! Or can you make him some at home? Lots of delicious calories in milk and ice cream.
We have a whole bunch of goodies here but no one makes a shake like Sonic or McDonald's. Do you have Sonic there?

Quote:
I got the biggest smile when he started chatting with me, that made my day! Sad you guys are so far away or I'd definitely become a friendly stalker

I know! We both wish you were closer. You'd be so sick of us.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #173
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Following along!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #174
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

Jenny, so sorry that Josh is hurting! I love that kid. I will keep him in my prayers. I feel awful that he is having to go through that.

Pam, is it okay if I steal some of your photos for my album? You took so many good ones! I guess I was too enamored to take photos of anything but my hubby. Also, those photos are making me desperately homesick for my ship. There is no possible way that I will make it an entire year before going back. I miss you guys!
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:12 AM   #175
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Still loving your TR! I feel like I am right there with you.

I did have a bit of a "duh" moment when looking at Pam's
pictures. I kept wondering how I missed seeing all of the things in her pictures in the terminal. Well DUH! You boarded in Miami! We have only sailed from Port Canaveral! We have only sailed the Dream and Fantasy, so I am really enjoying seeing the Wonder. I think I may have to make an effort to sail the Magic and the Wonder and complete our Disney slam.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

Nancy
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #176
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Following along!

Cool and

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post
Jenny, so sorry that Josh is hurting! I love that kid. I will keep him in my prayers. I feel awful that he is having to go through that.
Thank you Beth. He really liked you and Chase too. It's so hard to see him in pain. I am hoping the swelling starts going down today. The doc said that yesterday and today would be the worst. He's very happy though that he's not missing any soccer games, just a few practices.

Quote:
Pam, is it okay if I steal some of your photos for my album? You took so many good ones! I guess I was too enamored to take photos of anything but my hubby. Also, those photos are making me desperately homesick for my ship. There is no possible way that I will make it an entire year before going back. I miss you guys!

That's how I felt too. Feel free to take any of mine from here and FB. I need to post more to my FB album. Thank you for the ones you gave me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Still loving your TR! I feel like I am right there with you.
I am so glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
I did have a bit of a "duh" moment when looking at Pam's
pictures. I kept wondering how I missed seeing all of the things in her pictures in the terminal. Well DUH! You boarded in Miami! We have only sailed from Port Canaveral! We have only sailed the Dream and Fantasy, so I am really enjoying seeing the Wonder. I think I may have to make an effort to sail the Magic and the Wonder and complete our Disney slam.
That's funny! I hear PC is a much better port than Miami too. We didn't get the cool model of the skip or the fun ears to walk through. I need a do over!

Disney slam? Awesome!

Quote:
Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

Nancy

Thank you. I am hoping to have an update this weekend, at least have the first day finished off.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #177
Pinkocto

Quote:
Pam, thank you so much for posting those. I love them! I have no pics of this so would you mind if I *borrowed* a few?
Please feel free! as many as you want I like to post in order of when I took them so there will be some repeats.

Quote:
What a beautiful blue sky we had that day! Seriously we had amazing weather the whole trip. We lucked out.
We really did have perfect weather, couldn't have asked for better.

Quote:
Your chandelier pic kicks butt. It's truly a work of art that light fixture. The colors are stunning.
If they change that if they reimagine the Wonder I'll be very put out, I think it's so gorgeous!

Quote:
That Mac n cheese looks heavenly. I'm sorry I missed that.
What was the surprise was the whipped cream dessert. It had heavy whipping cream on the top and fruit purée on the bottom, so delicious!

Quote:
Love the kiddie pool without the kids.

Quote:
Joshua loves the porthole, said its super cool. He'd go for one of those he says. Your room looks nice. Did it get nice and dark for sleeping?
It did, super dark, it was wonderful. We've done a verandah twice, an inside once, and we're doing a porthole next month. I've loved every room. When i don't have the verandah I find myself out of the room a lot more. It's all on how much I have to spend each trip.

Quote:
I'm so glad you posted terminal pics. I didn't get one of it or the gang plank or being introduced. These are awesome!
[/CENTER]
I almost didn't but figured since you were whisked through so fast you might want to see them.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #178
Pinkocto

Quote:
His food baby!!! Too much fun.

Quote:
I had it done on two teeth so I didn't think it would be as n tense as its ended up. He did eat tonight which is good.
That is wonderful he ate something

I had never heard of it done before, you had it done too? Torturous!

Quote:
We have a whole bunch of goodies here but no one makes a shake like Sonic or McDonald's. Do you have Sonic there?
We have Sonic, and I've only heard rave reviews, but have never eaten at one.

Quote:
I know! We both wish you were closer. You'd be so sick of us.
No I wouldn't! That would be fabulous

Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #179
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post

Feel free! It is good to be enamored with the hubby

I do too

Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #180
rentayenta

Quote:
Please feel free! as many as you want I like to post in order of when I took them so there will be some repeats.

Thank you friend. Between us, our readers should be pleased. We both took a ton of pics.

Quote:
We really did have perfect weather, couldn't have asked for better.

It was heavenly. Both CC and Mexico were unreal.

Quote:
If they change that if they reimagine the Wonder I'll be very put out, I think it's so gorgeous!
Do you think they will? Did the change the Magic's?

Quote:
What was the surprise was the whipped cream dessert. It had heavy whipping cream on the top and fruit purée on the bottom, so delicious!

I can hear you saying it now: so delicious!

Quote:
It did, super dark, it was wonderful. We've done a verandah twice, an inside once, and we're doing a porthole next month. I've loved every room. When i don't have the verandah I find myself out of the room a lot more. It's all on how much I have to spend each trip.
I can see that. I think any room on a cruise is the perfect room. It's always about how we have to spend.

Quote:
I almost didn't but figured since you were whisked through so fast you might want to see them.

I am so glad you did. I don't have one proper pic of the terminal. I am not complaining as the quick smooth process was awesome.

Quote:

That is wonderful he ate something

I had never heard of it done before, you had it done too? Torturous!
Yeah my kids did not hit the dental lottery. Between my bad gums and Michael's weak teeth along with both of us needing braces, they're all pretty much out of luck.

Quote:
We have Sonic, and I've only heard rave reviews, but have never eaten at one.

You MUST get there. Their cheese covered tator tots are incredible. We like chili cheese but the chili has meat.

Quote:
No I wouldn't! That would be fabulous

I know!!!! Hopefully WDW June 2015 will pan out. You are always welcome to come see our beautoful state too. We have plenty of room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: