Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #9
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Tonight was Pirate Night (we had a kind of odd schedule this cruise because everything was rearranged due to NYE being in the middle of the week) and we had decided we wouldn't mind missing that menu the most of all of them this week for booking Remy.

Because what they would be serving in Remy tonight had nothing to do with any pirates! We hit Meridian first to have a cocktail...I was going to enjoy one of the minitinis from earlier in the day that I had liked, but in its true martini size- I think it was a Pomegranate Passion- pomegranate passion liquer, passion fruit sorbet and Taittinger Champagne.

Yummmmm...have to say, again, I REALLY love the inventive cocktails on these Disney ships! Especially when they involve champagne! The bartender was another one who had come from the Dream, I actually remember her shadowing Alex in Pink on my last cruise.

Pods was having something else, I think a Balsamic Grande? Grey goose, balsamic vinegar and muddled strawberry?

Whatever it was, I loved it- mine, i mean (pretty sure it was the Passionfruit one, I had LOVED that one during drinking lessons). Pods' drink was very unusual. Unfortunately, I am not that bright, and I left the garnish balancing- which eventually it dumped, and splashed all over my dress (glad I was wearing fuscia!!!). UGH. You can dress me up, obviously, you can not take me out.

Pics of the afore-mentioned high class hooch in Meridian-

Save your Benjamins for this one-

A one ounce pour is $105. But 2 ounces is a bargain at $200. Not so interested in that Louis guy, but these ladies looks like they could be a WHOLE lotta fun!

All those Taittinger sisters are just so pretty!

Our table was ready, and I headed over to Remy in humiliation in my wet (but quickly drying) dress.....

To be cont'd sometime later....

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: