Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #211
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Thats a heck of a lot of drinks there.
Pods looks so funny back there...but I am like him...can't mix a drink to save my life.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #212
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Rob and I signed up for the Martini class on our April 2013 cruise. It was my favorite activity!!! And I do not like Martinis. I would take a sip or two and pass it on to Rob, every drink except for the chocolate one, I liked that one. After a while Rob just looked at me as I passed him another drink and said, "I think I am buzzed. I should probably stop." Well, I imagined so since he had drank his drinks and my drinks. It was a blast. Once the bartender realized I only liked the chocolate one, he brought me several to make up for my "not" drinking. I am looking forward to my next Martini class. I love tequila but we could not get in that class. Rob is allergic to tequila so we would have the reverse scenario in that class.

By the way, have you researched how to carry alcohol onboard for the Alaska trip? Will you attempt bringing it from the states or buy it in Canada?

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #213
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post

By the way, have you researched how to carry alcohol onboard for the Alaska trip? Will you attempt bringing it from the states or buy it in Canada?
Ooooooh, that's a good question! We want to book Alaska for 2016 and I remember reading someone's report that alcohol was wicked expensive in the shops in Vancouver near the port.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #214
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That's too funny about Pods and the martini! I'm pretty good at beer and wine (even with a cork), and I can do vodka neat. I'm not so sure how good at Mixology I would be either. Love those minitinis! I can't wait to go on another cruise!

I can't wait to cruise again either!! Yea- so when the wine has a cork, Pods asks me if I can open a bottle of wine. Rather than do it himself, lol. But I think that's because he is never sure if he will be opening something he shouldn't- just trying not to get in trouble with the boss, I guess.

Unfortunately even when we had the cruise here out of California, I still couldn't make it anywhere after dinner! I guess it's all those minitinis!
Hah!! Must be! Have a cup of coffee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
All caught up
I need to get myself an Elderbubble in June, it sounds delicious!
Glad to see you and Pods took your "studies" seriously in your martini lesson
It is heavenly- I was out on Saturday night and they had a cocktail that sounded similar, but it was not as good-
and yes, we are very pro-education!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Oh my gosh . . . reading this made me laugh so hard. It was even more fun reliving it. And to be honest . . . this was the very first martini I ever had! Seriously . . . not making it up! I swear!

Well, you looked like a pro to me! I am so glad it made you laugh- it is one of the few posts Pods has read, and it made him laugh, too.

I enjoyed meeting you too, and I hope we run into each other on another cruise one of these days.

Jodie
Too bad you are not on our Alaska one! Did you ask a fishing question on CC? I almost said "Pooh, is that you?" on there but then I thought- what if it's not her! I would look crazier than usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Oh what fun we had in our classes!

A+ students- Magna Cum Laude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
Yes Ellen they will definitely get stronger! It honestly took me about 1 1/2 years to kind of try to start really living again! I'm fortunately able to be a stay at home Mom now which means I'm here for him all the time, but I have ME time too! And I can definitely credit my amazing friends and family with a lot!
I am so happy to hear that- and so glad you hae a great network of supportive friends. That is honstly what keeps us sane about them, not living nearby- they seem ok now, but it is a process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm liking those empty glasses. Looks like a great time. Remind me not to let Pods make me a drink when we meet.
LOL- no point in leaving them FULL!! Then you FAIL, and we are all very motivated to keep our GPA up....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #215
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

That martini class looks like a blast! I will have to add that to my cruise "to-do" list.

Good for Pods for trying to make that drink! Bless his heart.

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #216
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

That table of martinis is probably one of the prettiest pictures you have ever taken!
JKSWonder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #217
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thats a heck of a lot of drinks there.
Pods looks so funny back there...but I am like him...can't mix a drink to save my life.
It was a lot of minitinis! We all walked in and saw all that on every table in Meridien- and all said I LOVE this bar!

Pods was really playin it up back there- he was pretty entertaining-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Rob and I signed up for the Martini class on our April 2013 cruise. It was my favorite activity!!! And I do not like Martinis. I would take a sip or two and pass it on to Rob, every drink except for the chocolate one, I liked that one. After a while Rob just looked at me as I passed him another drink and said, "I think I am buzzed. I should probably stop." Well, I imagined so since he had drank his drinks and my drinks. It was a blast. Once the bartender realized I only liked the chocolate one, he brought me several to make up for my "not" drinking. I am looking forward to my next Martini class. I love tequila but we could not get in that class. Rob is allergic to tequila so we would have the reverse scenario in that class.

LOL!! That is so funny! we had a really great time at all three tastings, but the one on the last day was my favorite- it was Italian Cocktails, and Chris (dvc4life) and her hubby were doing it, too- we laughed SO MUCH during that class- I can't wait to post about it!

Kate
I am glad you brought this up, because I had not given it any thought- I was just planning to get it when we got there- but now I see Alison says it is very $$ at the port- I may have to enlist my friend who lives in Vancouver to help-

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Ooooooh, that's a good question! We want to book Alaska for 2016 and I remember reading someone's report that alcohol was wicked expensive in the shops in Vancouver near the port.
Thanks for posting this- I was unaware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
That martini class looks like a blast! I will have to add that to my cruise "to-do" list.

Good for Pods for trying to make that drink! Bless his heart.
Yea- I have friends in the south- I know what "bless his heart" REALLY means!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
That table of martinis is probably one of the prettiest pictures you have ever taken!
LMAO!!!!! It was quite impressive in person too!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #218
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRowSeat View Post
LOL! One of my favorite pics of the cruise. Kristi looks like she has had far too many. I know she hates this one
Hey Buddy! I love this one, too- she had not had too many- she just looks soooo happy to me!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #219
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I wonder if I would be able to walk out after all those drinks. Looks like you had lots of fun. Bottoms up.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #221
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

OMG, I would be in martini heaven! Pods was doing a super job, but I don't know about his recipe!

We are at the stage where we are the last ones standing at weddings during the couples dance. When Bob is asked what the secret to our marriage longevity is, he says just agree with whatever she says! I could see having problems at the game on the cruise! LOL.

Our friends are doing fairly well, they have bad moments of course, but taking the loss in stride.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #222
Beth D
DIS Veteran

MMMM……..Martinis! Love me some! You ladies get an A+++++++ for that class, and PODS gets a participation check +!

My old boss makes some wicked martinis! All my pics from his last party are of my empty glasses. He makes his own syrup, muddles fruit, and everything.

Next cruise I need to start drinking regular coffee with dessert, and not the decaf stuff. Maybe also try late dining? Think that would keep me up later than 10 PM?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #223
RGirl
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear about your SIL, Ellen. She sounds like an amazing woman. My thoughts are with your family.

Thanks for the quick WDW update - sounds like a great “business” trip.

Great cruise updates too!

I hope to one day see some of the adult-area entertainment - it always sounds like a pretty hilarious good time. I need to make myself a note that says “Elderbubble” for our 2015 cruise - YUM!!!

The martini tasting looks like so much fun!!! Another thing that I will one day manage to do on a DCL cruise - booze tastings!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #224
podsnel

After our minitinis we spent the rest of the afternoon just lazing around up in that adult area- kind of. It was after 2 when we got up there, so on a sea day, as you can imagine, there were not alot of lounges to find at this point. Still, we found them. I must have gone back to the cabin for something because I took a pic of this-

But ended up sitting here when I got back (I could not find Pods anywhere)

Looking down-

What I thought was interesting on the Fantasy was how empty this adult pool was on a sea day- on the Dream, it would have been PACKED as the only adult water feature. But on the Fantasy, there are additional water features- up there in Satellite Falls, it was hoppin! I think that made a big difference in the area over all.

I do not like being alone- I get bored (and I am an only child- makes no sense!) so I decided to look for Pods again. Before I found him, I saw Timmy shooting hoops with all the others from Vibe-

He always says he has a great time on that sports deck on DCL. I did eventually find my husband, workin up the power drool near Satellite Falls. He had been there the whole time, he said- no idea how I missed him! We enjoyed the sea day, relaxed and read our books, then I grabbed a Pumpkin Spiced Late-

And headed back to the cabin to shower and dress up- tonight, Pods and I were dining at REMY, and I had a good feeling it was going to be incredible! We did, however, manage to make it to the 6:15 show- tonight we were entertained by Hypnotist Ricky Kalmon- it was VERY entertaining-

Last edited by podsnel; 04-16-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #225
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Timmy looks so happy on that court! So sweet!

The latte looks delicious! I went to Cove Cafe more times last cruise than I had before, and I always thought the lattes were really good.

Can't WAIT to hear about Remy!! So exciting!!

DWGal210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: