Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #1756
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you got what you needed shopping with BFF.

I hope you get done all the things you want to this weekend

I'm having some trouble with my computer. Windows update can't install the update it want to

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #1757
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Whoot!! Yeah for deals and the surprise Maxi dress.

Have a good weekend. I'm working today and tomorrow we're going mattress shopping. We realized that our current mattress was a wedding present from MIL. That's 10 years - we're due.

Prayers and to everyone!

(and Terkina, I hope your computer sorts itself.)

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #1758
Clio
Mouseketeer

I'm glad you found some deals shopping. I never thought to look at the clothes at Sam's. I usually just run in and out.
Today was a beautiful day it got up into the 70's. My daughter and boyfriend drove to Indiana today to pick up a kitten. they sent a picture and he's really. cute. Originally they were going to get on in Ocala on the way home from their Disney Honeymoon. They decided that driving for two days with a kitten in that car wasn't a good idea.
Your bonfire sounds like it was a lot of fun. Small towns are so nice to live in. How did Gus like the pizza?
Tomorrow we're going to the outlets to look for a dress for my to wear to the wedding. I also need work pants that aren't worn out.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Liz
Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:03 AM   #1759
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Sounds like you got what you needed shopping with BFF.

I hope you get done all the things you want to this weekend

I'm having some trouble with my computer. Windows update can't install the update it want to
I did - LOL - I always tend to get more than I need. Sigh.

Thanks, me too... I didn't do so well at it yesterday.

I hope you are able to get your computer figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Whoot!! Yeah for deals and the surprise Maxi dress.

Have a good weekend. I'm working today and tomorrow we're going mattress shopping. We realized that our current mattress was a wedding present from MIL. That's 10 years - we're due.

Prayers and to everyone!

(and Terkina, I hope your computer sorts itself.)
Yes - I think you are over due for a new mattress too. I hate mattress shopping, Josh and I never agree... He wants it ultra firm and I want it cozy soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I'm glad you found some deals shopping. I never thought to look at the clothes at Sam's. I usually just run in and out.
Today was a beautiful day it got up into the 70's. My daughter and boyfriend drove to Indiana today to pick up a kitten. they sent a picture and he's really. cute. Originally they were going to get on in Ocala on the way home from their Disney Honeymoon. They decided that driving for two days with a kitten in that car wasn't a good idea.
Your bonfire sounds like it was a lot of fun. Small towns are so nice to live in. How did Gus like the pizza?
Tomorrow we're going to the outlets to look for a dress for my to wear to the wedding. I also need work pants that aren't worn out.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Liz
LOL - I never look for clothes there either, but I'd lost BFF in the store, so I was just trying to kill some time... Wandered through the small clothing section - and there they were.

Awwww... That's so cute about the kitten... But I agree - driving for 2 days with a kitten wouldn't be all that much fun. Glad they were able to get one more locally.

Gus didn't like the pizza at all. He was apalled at all the veggies on it... I guess, that's why it's called a veggie pizza? LOL

Have fun shopping at the outlet mall! I hope you are able to find a dress and some new work pants!

Yesterday, I wore my new dress - it was fun to wear one. Now I need to start wearing my skirts.

Victoria and I went to town... Stopped at Walmart... No dresses there. Well, there were a few - but they were all ugly. I'll make it a point to swing through the clothing section while I am there in the future, just to see if anything worthwhile shows up.

Then we went to Maurices... It's kind of a small MN/ND/SD/WI/IA clothing store... They may have them more places, but I think they are pretty local to the 5 state area. Anyways... Tried on more capris... The ones I just purchased in a 13/14 for our tirp to TN are already quite big on me, I can take them off without unbuttoning them. Well, I was able to get them on in a 9/10 yesterday! However, I did not purchase them. I want to wait until closer to our Chicago trip to buy anymore clothes. I know that size was a fluke though, because I tried on several more pairs in the same brand, and I was consistantly a 11/12 or a 13/14. How annoying.

We came home, then Josh and I ran up to the local landscaping center - got a few items to start our garden, hopefully in a few weeks.

I spent my night car shopping online... Josh and I are leaning more towards trading in my Edge for a newer/different model. I would't normally buy a NEW car - as I think the depreciation is stupid... but my Edge is getting high in miles (82k now) and it's making me nervous that something is going to go wrong with it soon. I am finding that I can get a brand new one (with maybe not quite as many bells and whistles as mine) for the same price we paid for this one... and I would LOVE a full factory warranty at this point. I don't put a lot of miles on my cars, so it would be really nice. I hope to go out and test drive a few this coming week/weekend. The sucky part is that Josh won't let me buy anything but a Ford or a Dodge/Jeep... So that really limits what I can buy. I have my heart set on another Buick some day... My first car that I ever purchased myself was a brand new Buick, and I adored that car - we had to trade it once Alli came along, and Josh promised that some day I would have a Buick - sadly there is NOTHING cheap about them, and I don't think our budget could handle a Buick at this time.

Anyways... I hope you all have a fantastic remainder to your weekend. Sending out prayers and pixie dust to all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #1760
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Your bonfire with all the neighbors sounds like a lot of fun. Did you invite people over or did they just see the fire in the distance and come on over? I get the impression that you don't live right in the town, but further away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I spent my night car shopping online... Josh and I are leaning more towards trading in my Edge for a newer/different model. I would't normally buy a NEW car - as I think the depreciation is stupid... but my Edge is getting high in miles (82k now) and it's making me nervous that something is going to go wrong with it soon. I am finding that I can get a brand new one (with maybe not quite as many bells and whistles as mine) for the same price we paid for this one... and I would LOVE a full factory warranty at this point. I don't put a lot of miles on my cars, so it would be really nice. I hope to go out and test drive a few this coming week/weekend. The sucky part is that Josh won't let me buy anything but a Ford or a Dodge/Jeep... So that really limits what I can buy. I have my heart set on another Buick some day... My first car that I ever purchased myself was a brand new Buick, and I adored that car - we had to trade it once Alli came along, and Josh promised that some day I would have a Buick - sadly there is NOTHING cheap about them, and I don't think our budget could handle a Buick at this time.
D~
The last two cars I bought have been those dealer cars that they sell in Sept-Oct when they are getting rid of the last season's cars to make room for the new models. Both cars had about 5,000+ miles on them and were quite a bit cheaper than the original price. They were "almost new". But I know how you feel about getting a new car. My son bought a new car rather than a used one. The prices for the used cars were ridiculous! Can you imagine paying $9,000 for a car with 80,000 miles on it? It was crazy. So for less than $15,000 he got a brand new car.

I ended up with a 2012 Ford Fusion that I adore. It has a moon roof, which is something I always wanted but never had before. I love it. And the cell phone syncs up with the car. If my cell phone rings while I'm driving, it goes through that car stereo. It is a little strange but very convenient. I had one conversation with my daughter that began while I was walking to the car, continued through the car stereo as I drove, and then picked up through the cell phone when I arrived home, turned off the car, and walked into the house. It was very cool.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #1761
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're having a nice weekend. Car window shopping is always fun. It's time for me too to get a new car soon. My car is a 2001 Subaru Justy. I've had it since 2004.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #1762
DMGeurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Your bonfire with all the neighbors sounds like a lot of fun. Did you invite people over or did they just see the fire in the distance and come on over? I get the impression that you don't live right in the town, but further away.
LOL - Actually, yes we do live right in town. Our town is several miles from any neighboring town and about 15 miles from the nearest main city/the city where the girls go to school. So, it might seem like we live pretty isolated, but we are in town. Keep in mind, our town only has 2 bars and a church - so it's pretty small. Most of our neighbors saw the fire and came on their own - the ones that didn't show up were invited.

Quote:
The last two cars I bought have been those dealer cars that they sell in Sept-Oct when they are getting rid of the last season's cars to make room for the new models. Both cars had about 5,000+ miles on them and were quite a bit cheaper than the original price. They were "almost new". But I know how you feel about getting a new car. My son bought a new car rather than a used one. The prices for the used cars were ridiculous! Can you imagine paying $9,000 for a car with 80,000 miles on it? It was crazy. So for less than $15,000 he got a brand new car.
Yah - I am at the point where I am not sure what I am going to do? It's so frustrating to me. I can afford to get a brand new car - with no miles, but no real amenities... Granted, most everything I want is now standard anyways... Or I can get a used car - with everything I want... but then there is little to no warranty left on it, and that is the MAIN reason I am wanting to trade mine in, in the first place. Sigh. I will do a short post about it below.

And the saddest part about it... If I trade mine in, I have to get new decals on the back... I adore my decals...

Quote:
I ended up with a 2012 Ford Fusion that I adore. It has a moon roof, which is something I always wanted but never had before. I love it. And the cell phone syncs up with the car. If my cell phone rings while I'm driving, it goes through that car stereo. It is a little strange but very convenient. I had one conversation with my daughter that began while I was walking to the car, continued through the car stereo as I drove, and then picked up through the cell phone when I arrived home, turned off the car, and walked into the house. It was very cool.
That is awesome! I definately want that option! I always have my phone on speakerphone when I am driving - as I lost my ear bud years ago, and I've never replaced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Sounds like you're having a nice weekend. Car window shopping is always fun. It's time for me too to get a new car soon. My car is a 2001 Subaru Justy. I've had it since 2004.
Yes - it might be time for a new car for you.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday... Just searched for new cars. In MN, dealerships are closed on Sundays - so you can't drive them, only look. So, Josh and I drove into town - I had a few I wanted to look at for size, just to see if they were even an option for us.

I've narrowed my choices down to 3... All of which have their +/-'s...

First is the 2014 Ford Edge... This is what I drive now (but mine is a 2010)... I love this vehicle, and size wise - it's perfect for us. There are a few things I don't like about it... Mostly it's just the huge blind spots on my 2 back fenders. I love the dark blue color of mine - but Ford no longer offers that color... So, I am thinking red or sliver?

Second choice - I have not driven this one yet, but I LOVE the color... Is the 2014 GMC Terrain. Still not certain that I love the shape of this one - it's a LOT boxy. BUt I want to drive it, because the size is right. It's at the high end of our budget - again, their base model comes with most of the options I'd want.

Finally - third choice is the 2014 Dodge Journey. Now, I am really worried about the size of this one... It is much smaller in the back seat than my Edge is, and that could kick it out of the running entirely - seeing as Alli is a tall adult size, and V isn't far behind her. But I want to drive it and check it out - just to see - because the price is right... I can get it fully loaded (or darn near) with in our budget price. I can't decide if I like/hate the fact that it looks like a mini-minivan?

So, I think I am going to take some time this afternoon to run up to the dealerships to drive these vehicles.

In Disney related news... We are now actively watching airfare... As soon as it drops, we are booking. We are still booked for the full 10 day trip, and I don't plan on changing those dates until we have our airfare booked, so we will know more in the coming weeks... Fingers crossed that airfare drops soon.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day... Sending out prayers and good thoughts to all of you.

D~
Old 04-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #1763
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Hey D glad you had a great weekend! Can't wait to see your new dresses/skirts!

As for the cars: they all look the same... I wish they had some originality to them like cars USED too. Now you look and cannot tell the difference between a Dodge or a Ford.

I really REALLY like the red color of the first one you posted!!!
I have 16 more payments on my truck!!! then IT'S ALL MINE!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #1764
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Good luck on your car search. I had a ford edge 2007 i think that I loved but it was a bit 2 small with the big car seats. I wound up giving it to dh and getting a mini van. I like having the extra room for extra people.
Once my girls were in booster seats we went to a 7 seater SUV, which we just traded it in Honda Odyssey.

I hope you find cheap airfare soon.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #1765
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Doing a quick drive by to say hi! I probably sound like a broken record but I've been so busy at work I haven't been on the DIS at all for the last week except to check for Mine Train FP+ for our trip in 18 days. It's supposed to open the weekend we are there but since Jim is set on meeting Anna and Elsa I don't think we will be able to ride the Mine Train without a FP. I wasn't able to snag an Anna/Elsa FP so we will be rope dropping that one. I can't imagine what the regular line is going to look like on the grand opening weekend for the Mine Train!

So glad the procedure went well for Josh and I hope it works!

My family is like Josh, I think I would be disowned if I bought a car that is not a Chevy. I have an Equinox right now but I think when I get a new car in a few years I'm going to go smaller. I love my Equinox but I'm just not sure it's worth having something that big when it's just Jim and I.

I'm going to try to get caught up on the DIS some today athough I should be working on the 2015 Revenue budget for the county. It's kind of a depressing process with the economy the way it is right now so I might just procrastinate a bit more.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #1766
tinkbell13
Mouseketeer

Hi D~!

Love your latest bags, especially the last one! I think it is the simplicity of it. Plus, who doesn't love a Mickey balloon?

Glad to hear that Josh's procedure helped, even if it wasn't what you thought it was going to be.

Car shopping! That can be both fun and frustrating at the same time. We went through it last year when I finally gave up my 98 Chev Cavalier Z24. I loved that car, but it was time, it had almost 250,000 miles on it. I had fun looking at all the different vehicles and knew what I wanted fairly quickly. It was convincing DH that was frustrating. He just had to check out one more, maybe this one is a better price, this one has better options, etc. I finally put my foot down when I found one that had everything I wanted, plus some more, and was in the price range I wanted to pay. I ended up buying a 2011 Chev Equinox and absolutely love it. If you are considering the GMC Terrain but don't like the boxy look of it, go look at the Equinox. They are the exact same vehicle inside, just a different body style. GMC is considered to be a more premium line than Chev so they charge more for them even though they are the exact same vehicle.

I chuckled when I read that Josh preferred Ford or Dodge/Jeep. My Dad swore by Chev and Dodge while growing up and said he would never, ever drive a Ford. Guess what he drives now? Lol! My FIL has had Dodge's for as long as I have known him and he has had issues with some of them. DH has a Dodge pickup and has had a lot of issues with it too. So many, that we actually considered trading it instead of the Cavalier last year. He swears he will never buy another one. We'll see what happens when it comes time to replace it.

Hope airfare drops for you soon. Can't wait to see you next bag too!

Off-site: 1977 - 1983, 1985 (family trips as a kid)
All Star Movies: 2008, 2012
tinkbell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #1767
DMGeurts

Eeyore UPB set

I adore this guy - he is so cute! And I love this interior fabric!

D~
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #1768
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

I bought a new Edge in November and I love it! Although, every time I see a GMC Terrain drive by, I wonder if I made the right decision. I like the shape of the Terrain better than the Edge but I'm super happy with my car. I looked at a stripped down Edge and a loaded Fusion. I almost went with the Fusion, but we decided to splurge a little and step up to the Edge that had the features I wanted. I'm happy I did. My Edge is the chocolate brown color - it shows dirt just like a black car!

I had a good weekend, finished my parents' taxes, ran some errands, got a pedicure, played with the girls at the park. Then yesterday, we cleaned the house and went to my parents' house. My parents' pool was at 78 degrees and the girls couldn't stand it any longer, so we made yesterday the first swim of the season. 78 is not warm enough for a pool, IMO, but we all managed to have fun. We're supposed to get some rain and chilly weather this week so we may not be swimming again for a few weeks.

We were talking about Disney with my parents yesterday, and my mom is ready to go back. I am too. The next time that works for everyone is August, so we may try to do a trip then, or we'll have to figure out something once school starts. I need to check my vacation bank first and foremost to decide if I can even take another week off this year. I mentioned renting points and staying at Wilderness Lodge so DH is all in.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #1769
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Love the Eeyore bag. The bag fabric and interior fabric are just perfect for him!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #1770
KatMark
DIS Veteran

My oh my but you've been a busy girl.

First and foremost, I LOVE the Eeyore bag. As you know Eeyore is a favorite character of ours and your bag turned out perfect!

Car shopping...so much fun. We are getting a new "used" car in the next couple of weeks. My car is gone and our neighbor will start hitting the auction sales for us as he did with Mark's car. I've decided not to go with an SUV this time around because of the gas it consumers. Our dealers aren't open on Sundays either.

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening with your bonfire and neighbors.

I hope prices come down on airfare for you. Every time I look, they keep going up.

Tags
august, bags, park bags, sewing, weight loss

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: