Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #2866
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
It really isn't right they do this. I recall the first ones were 'sold' with this as a selling point! They were right in the rooms and if you used them charged to the room. That's how I bought them. It was the selling point! It sounds like they can still be used for coffee. I think I have the flyer somewhere in my stuff, I do not recall the until not offfered anymore disclaimer. Weird they pulled it out now after all these yrs of not offering the 'forever' option. Guess they stopped it when enough were buying them anyway! It was only for the same resort as well back then. We have many CB, WL, Poly Values and CS mugs.
Same here. Also the mugs reflecting each resort were really nice collectables. Now the mugs are genericized just like the food and drink menus.
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #2867
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
Same here. Also the mugs reflecting each resort were really nice collectables. Now the mugs are genericized just like the food and drink menus.
I know. Back in the day to me at least, the food was quite better. Actually, somehow since the dining plan has been around for all, food has become more uniform. Those first yrs of the Free dining also were a deal, now not quite the deal. Anyway, I as well, liked the resort mugs, these are kind of just a cup to drink from. I have been visiting WDW for almost 40 years and stayed most times on site, I am losing my excitement for that as well. Just less and less personal and way more costly. Even ticket prices skyrocketed way over inflation. It is what it is for all that but those cups should be honored. That is in fact how they got them to catch on from the start, at least that's my opinion. Heck, I recall when any ticket could be upgraded within a yr of purchase to an AP for the cost difference! And the CM at WDW told us that back in the 1980s! We did that many times. That went by the wayside in 2003 or so. The last time we did it was when we were there in 2001 for sure.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #2868
mathgeek
DIS Veteran

I read somewhere in this thread that Vero Beach has the rapid refill program now too? I'm doing 3 nights at Vero followed by 6 at WDW. So if I go to Vero and get my mug there, can I then use it when I get to WDW and check in at my resort there if I purchase the length of stay?

And 2nd question, has anyone successfully reactivated their rapid refill mug with one from a previous trip? I have enough mugs from over the years and don't need another 12 of this new design.

Thanks!

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney
mathgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #2869
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathgeek View Post
And 2nd question, has anyone successfully reactivated their rapid refill mug with one from a previous trip? I have enough mugs from over the years and don't need another 12 of this new design.
I have read a report where an existing mug was reactivated. You do have the pay the same pricing for the length of reactivation as when buying/activating a new mug.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #2870
mathgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I have read a report where an existing mug was reactivated. You do have the pay the same pricing for the length of reactivation as when buying/activating a new mug.
Thanks. I don't mind paying it. I'm just running out of people to give my duplicate mugs to.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney
mathgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:52 PM   #2871
nbenson
Earning My Ears

Mugs

I do not have a lot of time to read ALL of the info here. I need some advice. We are staying at several Disney hotels over our vacation.
Here is my point of view:
I am staying value, moderate, and deluxe club.I will probably purchase the mug at the value, and I want to use it the duration of my stay. If I stayed at a single resort the mug would be valid the duration of my stay.
Can they activate my mug at the other resorts, since my stay is just in different resorts? I know some one here has to have some personal experience with this.
Thanks guys!
nbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 AM   #2872
dansdad
DIS Veteran

If you purchase a length of stay mug it will be good for 14 days by default. It will also be good at all WDW resorts. If your stay is longer than 14 days, keep your receipt and at day 15 bring receipt and mug to the food court and they will activate it for the rest of your stay.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #2873
locodemickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
If you purchase a length of stay mug it will be good for 14 days by default. It will also be good at all WDW resorts. If your stay is longer than 14 days, keep your receipt and at day 15 bring receipt and mug to the food court and they will activate it for the rest of your stay.
Will this work for length of stay in 3 Disney resorts for 3 weeks? When I asked a cast member at BWV yesterday, he said that we could pay for the extra days. Apparently length of stay doesn't include the DVC members who stay longer than 2 weeks.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #2874
shaunthemaun
Earning My Ears

New mugs!

I am headed to disney world in May and I am glad that they changed the look of the mugs since the last time I visited, which was October 2012. I can't wait to add the mugs to the others that we got. I just can't wait for the trip in general. My college classes and my internship will be done the day before we leave for Florida. it is going to be a well deserved trip.
shaunthemaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #2875
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunthemaun View Post
I am headed to disney world in May and I am glad that they changed the look of the mugs since the last time I visited, which was October 2012. I can't wait to add the mugs to the others that we got. I just can't wait for the trip in general. My college classes and my internship will be done the day before we leave for Florida. it is going to be a well deserved trip.

Have a great trip! Sounds like you could use a break!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 PM   #2876
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by locodemickey View Post
Will this work for length of stay in 3 Disney resorts for 3 weeks? When I asked a cast member at BWV yesterday, he said that we could pay for the extra days. Apparently length of stay doesn't include the DVC members who stay longer than 2 weeks.
If you purchase the length of stay option, it will cover the 3 weeks in 3 different resorts. My cousins from Ireland stayed for 4 weeks at 5 resorts and their length of stay mugs were good for the entire time and at all 5 resorts. Now on the 15th day they had to bring their receipts and confirmation numbers with them and the CM activated their mugs for the next 14 days.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #2877
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
If you purchase the length of stay option, it will cover the 3 weeks in 3 different resorts. My cousins from Ireland stayed for 4 weeks at 5 resorts and their length of stay mugs were good for the entire time and at all 5 resorts. Now on the 15th day they had to bring their receipts and confirmation numbers with them and the CM activated their mugs for the next 14 days.
Wow! They sure got their moneys worth on those mugs. I wish I could stay that long.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the new design? I like the beach design better.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #2878
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Wow! They sure got their moneys worth on those mugs. I wish I could stay that long.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the new design? I like the beach design better.
I don't care for the new design. It's too dark. The previous design was a pool scene, not a beach scene.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #2879
WishingMom
DIS Veteran

I don't know if this has been asked before, but it was wondering if you can bring back your RFID for another stay mugs and pay to have them re activated instead of getting new mugs. (With or without the dining plan), or if possible, is the cost the same as purchasing a new mug?

Thanks
2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP

Planning my "I'm 43 and just graduated from University" trip, August 2015

Me DH DD15 DD4
WishingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #2880
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingMom View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before, but it was wondering if you can bring back your RFID for another stay mugs and pay to have them re activated instead of getting new mugs. (With or without the dining plan), or if possible, is the cost the same as purchasing a new mug?
Just discussed ten posts ago...there have been reports that you can have an existing RFID mug reactivated. The cost of reactivation (for the length of activation you choose) you was reported to be the same as purchasing a new mug.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: