Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspicex4 View Post
I use fitday.com. It's not the most up-to-date website out there, but I've been using it off and on for 4 or 5 years and I like the fact that most everything I eat is already saved in my profile. When I'm tracking faithfully, I can lose weight. When I don't, I tend to cheat and eat mindlessly and the pounds pack on.
Isn't that the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne View Post
I am a WW member and I have an iPhone but I am still REALLY bad at tracking. I liked the point about only tracking on days that you want to lose. I know I am more successful when I track, but like others, almost everything I eat is homemade, so it takes more effort. I just have to decide that the results are worth it!
There is a feature where you can save your recipes on WW so you don't have to input them every time. It's takes awhile to build up but is easier the longer you use the etools. You can also do meals for easier input -- I rotate through a couple of breakfasts so it is easy to track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
As long as you find a system that works for you,that is what matters most.
This is absolutely true!

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you, Pamela!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydy View Post
How many calories are we working on for, say 100 lbs to lose? There will come a time when I know I will need to analyse more closely, but I figure, if I can lose with the way things are now, then stay with that for now. Have ordered in a delivery of diet meals as it is school holidays over Easter and I know that being out of routine can lead to snacking and I need to keep things under control or at least try. So I have 4 weeks of the diet plan.
Having a diet plan is a good way to not have to track -- someone else did all the calculating for you.

Tracking helps you have a realistic idea of what your intake is on any day -- study after study shows that it is incredibly easy to underestimate the number of calories you consume.

I think when you have a larger amount of weight to lose it is better to break things down so it doesn't get overwhelming. Let us know how your plan is working for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemooncat View Post
I MUST track - and I use MyFitnessPal. I used to cheat sometimes on it when I was embarrassed to put what I actually ate in, but I figured out that there is no point in doing it wrong. I just got a bunch of DIS members as friends and love to see everyone's progress, so if anyone else here would like to add me, I am eclemens428.

I also wear a BodyFit which coordinates with MFP which I love as well. Except the exercise does not show up on my feed on MFP, so I feel kind of bad when I see others' awesome posts about "burning 621 calories," etc.
Hmm, can you manually input your BodyFit data on MFP? Just so you have the whole picture in one place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
I am a myfitnesspal girl and have been for years. I also have my fitbit linked to it. I go through phases of using it and not. I have been tracking for 60 days today according to the app.
Kudos to you on your tracking streak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post
WW, baby! Through the website or the iPhone app. It helps me to keep to my routine and to stay on track, but I honestly don't "learn" a lot from my data. As I lose weight, I'm finding that my metabolism is always changing, and a splurge meal of a slice of pizza does not affect me and my weight the same way it used to. While I feel grosser than I used to, I don't gain as much from one splurge meal.
Do you ever use any of the progress reports available on WW? That might help with learning from the data. I think your point that your body is constantly adapting and what works this week may not work the next is a great one! We are always a work in progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll View Post
Qotd: I am using my fitness pal. That and bits of paper I leave all over the kitchen/ dining rooms! I'm tracking my exercise on it as well as mapmywalk and of course I have spreadsheet to keep track of total minutes for the exercise challenge thread.
Whatever works for you!

One of my WATP friends who paper tracks folds an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper into 1/8th and uses one square for each day and notes in the last box -- fits in a pocket quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all!

Here is your QOTD for Friday April 4, 2014:

This will be a FUN FRIDAY question!

Name your TOP 10 Disney "experiences" (rides, shows, parade, etc) in priority order!
Disneyland/California Adventure:
POTC
Radiator Springs Racers
Haunted Mansion
Buzz Lightyear
Toy Story Mania

WDW:
Mine Train (when it opens! )
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Kilimanjaro Safaris
PeopleMover

Quote:
Originally Posted by beno44 View Post
This is my first time doing this.. 46 year old male, going through a few life events, seemed like now would be a good time to try... Want to get down to 180, last fall was up to 248, this morning was 211... Started going to the gym two weeks ago, been eating healthy and have actually gained a few pounds, but jeans seem looser ...

Anyway, look forward to this...
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: