Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #3661
SA mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulvaney View Post
Our Dolphin stay isn't until Labor Day weekend (thoughts on crowds?), so I know we have plenty of time before the 60 day window, but I have a questions. When I check my app, the dates are only blue for the next 30 days ( until end of April) although my Dolphin res is linked. Any idea why?
Anyone on MDE can now make FP+ selections for the next 30 days. When you get to your 60 days, then the additional 30 will open up too.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #3662
MiamiMere
Mouseketeer

Pizza Options?

More questions for the Dolphin pros, headed there in under a month!!!

Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts.

Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own?

What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day.

Thanks

2013 - Dolphin
2011 - AKL
2001 - Grand Floridian (Executive Disney Program)
1997 - Off-site (Marched in Disney parade)

(7) (3)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #3663
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMere View Post
More questions for the Dolphin pros, headed there in under a month!!! Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts. Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own? What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day. Thanks
There is a menu in each room offering delivery pizza. Picabu also has pizza but you order it there and carry it out or eat in the dining room.

The bus to MK takes about 30 minutes. It stops at Swan then Dolphin then MK. On the way back it stops at beach club first then swan then dolphin.

I don't know about coolers.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #3664
kte28
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts.

Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own?

What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day.

Thanks
The Dolphin does serve pizza on their room service menu:

12" Pizza - fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, sweet basil.

Additional toppings: cheddar, fontina, pepperoni, sausage, grilled chicken, bacon, ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, tomato , jalapeno, pineapple.

One topping: Add $1.00
Three toppings: Add $2.50 $14.00

Also, their counter service restaurant, Picabu, is open 24 hours and serves pizza as well. You can get it there or you can get it to go and bring it back to your room.

Not 100% sure on the pool thing. I know we've always kept a cooler in our room stocked with water and other adult beverages, but I've never tried to bring it down to the pool.

It does share a bus route with Swan, Boardwalk, and Yacht/Beach. I can't recall the exact route. It's towards the beginning going one way and at the end going the other.

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #3665
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I have a question, if anybody happens to know the answer. I have a split stay coming up, in October. 5 nights at Swan and then 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas. Will I be able to book all 10 days worth of FP+ at 60 days prior to my Swan check-in, do you think, or will I have to wait until 5 days later to make my FP+ reservations for my Boardwalk Villas stay
Old 04-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #3666
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Regarding the bus, I have been there when the Swan had a bus by itself (only a few trips and not recently), the Swan and Dolphin only (most often), both of those plus the BW (second most often) and those three plus the Y&BC (least often).

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 04-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #3667
ckelly14
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I have a question, if anybody happens to know the answer. I have a split stay coming up, in October. 5 nights at Swan and then 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas. Will I be able to book all 10 days worth of FP+ at 60 days prior to my Swan check-in, do you think, or will I have to wait until 5 days later to make my FP+ reservations for my Boardwalk Villas stay
I think you should be able to make all 10 days of FP+ reservations 60 days prior to your Swan check in day. We had a BC stay of 1 day prior to 6 days at the Dolphin and I was able to book all days 60 days prior to my BC check-in.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #3668
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly14 View Post
I think you should be able to make all 10 days of FP+ reservations 60 days prior to your Swan check in day. We had a BC stay of 1 day prior to 6 days at the Dolphin and I was able to book all days 60 days prior to my BC check-in.
Thank you, I hope so
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #3669
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:

Thanks
I can answer the bolded with certainty--no restrictions--we ALWAYS bring our own soft sided cooler with adult beverages and it has never been a problem. The only problem we have is we never bring enough! My husband likes to share with others.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #3670
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
I can answer the bolded with certainty--no restrictions--we ALWAYS bring our own soft sided cooler with adult beverages and it has never been a problem. The only problem we have is we never bring enough! My husband likes to share with others.
And I, along with many others, can attest to the bolded with certainty!!!!

Old 04-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #3671
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #3672
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Hopefully looking at our first Dolphin stay in September. Have had a good look round on a previous trip, pools, beach area and dining look great.

It's just the perfect location, with the other hotels and EPCOT closeby.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #3673
MiamiMere
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks so much for the replies! We didn't do this last time and bought the buckets of beers the whole week. It adds up FAST at $25 a bucket! I was hoping I could bring my own this time, good news!!!

Thanks!

2013 - Dolphin
2011 - AKL
2001 - Grand Floridian (Executive Disney Program)
1997 - Off-site (Marched in Disney parade)

(7) (3)
Old 04-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #3674
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Quote:
Sounds great. Any chance you're there in October Tess
Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #3675
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Sounds great. Any chance you're there in October Tess
Why, yes we will be there in October! We arrive in the evening 9/25 and depart in the afternoon on 10/3.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: