Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #16
derekleigh
Earning My Ears

My wife is on day 15 of the 21 Day Fix and she loves it! I signed on a while back to become a Beachbody Coach and I'm awaiting Les Mills Combat in the mail. (Should be here any day!!!)

Anyone else drink shakeology? I must say I love drinking a shake first thing in the morning. I used to drink a basic whey protein shake but switched once I tried shakeology! Chocolate of course!

derekleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #17
unacorny
Earning My Ears

My DH and I both drink it and love it. We are both coaches...kinda. He is a real coach and really knows his stuff about fitness and nutrition. I am a coach but I just do it for the Shakeo discount...he calls me a discount coach. I don't have anyone under me and I do not recruit. That is all him...I just enjoy my discount and working out. I love the strawberry and the chocolate...the vanilla I could do without.

I just entered the BBL contest. I love that program, I am hoping to win!! Have you done any other programs? My DH just finished P90X and is doing Body Beast now.
CBR Dec 2010
AKV Dec 2010
BCV Aug 2011
AKV Aug 2011
BWV Sep 2012
WLV Sep 2012
AKV Sep 2012
AKV Dec 2012
AKV June 2013
AKV Aug 2013
AKV Dec 2014

unacorny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #18
MissManda
DIS Veteran

I just finished my first 21 days on the 21 day fix and I'm doing another round! I lost 6 pounds and 5 inches the the first time. Would love to see the same success this time around.

I think this program is a great kick start to getting into a healthy routine. The containers to help properly portion out your food is great. To be honest, that is what is enticed me to do this program. For the first time in ages, I'm sure I'm eating a balanced diet. That is something that I always struggled with on weight watchers. (I would find myself eating a whole lot of zero point foods during the day and eating my remaining points in candy and junk food.). I'm having a much easier time with the containers. They look really small but hold a good amount of food. I was really surprised.

Before I started this, I wasn't working out at all. Let me say, the first work out kicked my butt. I didn't realize how out of shape I was. So, it was a good wake up call. I'm finally getting to the point where I am modifying the workouts less. Still can't hold a plank for more than 20 - 30 seconds, but I'll get there eventually.

I purchased the challenge pack so I got the containers, DVDS, and also a bag of Shakeology. At first, I really thought it was a gimic but I have to say I love this stuff. I workout at 5:30 in the morning. Cool off for about 10 minutes after the workout and then drink it. I feel so good after having it. I have to admit, I signed up to be a coach to get the discount on it. I make it with a teaspoon of peanut butter and its so good. (It helps curb my sweet tooth and love of Reese Cups!).

If you are in a regular workout routine and healthy eating, I don't know if I would recommend it, but if you need a jumpstart on both of these areas I found this to be perfect. I'm so happy that I did it.

My ultimate goal is to lose a total of 40 pounds and so I still have a ways to go, but at least now I'm actually seeing results instead of just sitting around talking about it. For the last 21 days, I've worked out every day, eaten mostly clean, haven't had a soda, and I haven't had any junk food (chips or candy). So for me, this has been a huge postive change!

I need to figure out what to do next workout wise. I saw a video the other day for a new program coming out (I think in June maybe) called PiYo. A mix of pilates and yoga. Its supposed to be lower impact which I like and you don't have to buy any extra equipment (which I also like). It looks challenging and fun at the same time (never thought I would call a workout fun...another change). Maybe I will look into that a little more. Brazil Butt lift looks good too. I just don't know if I'm ready yet for the P90x3 and those more extreme workouts. I need to find something though before I get bored.

1st Trip- May 2009- CBR
2nd Trip- Sept 2010- POFQ- MNSSHP
3rd Trip-June 2012- Offsite condo.
4th Trip- possibly a solo??? TBD
MissManda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: