Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 01:06 PM   #451
tabm01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
I have used it...don't always follow their advice and not always accurate. Where are you thinking, specifically...we all have our short cuts and methods! LOL
Mainly thinking about what time I need to leave POR to make it to a 9:00 Harmony Barber Shop appt. thinking we'll just grab breakfast at the bakery after the haircut so we wouldn't need to wake up too early for lunch.
I'm mainly just confused bc most things I see say that it takes no more than 30 minutes to bus anywhere (for the most part), but then Disney says to allow 1.5 hours travel time??
Old 03-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #452
Ismo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabm01 View Post
Mainly thinking about what time I need to leave POR to make it to a 9:00 Harmony Barber Shop appt. thinking we'll just grab breakfast at the bakery after the haircut so we wouldn't need to wake up too early for lunch.
I'm mainly just confused bc most things I see say that it takes no more than 30 minutes to bus anywhere (for the most part), but then Disney says to allow 1.5 hours travel time??
All of my journey times from POR to any of the parks were under 30 minutes.

But that doesn't include how long you have to wait for your bus to show up.

Also, there's always a bit of a walk from where the bus drops you off to the park entrance. Then you have to wait in line at bag check.

1.5 hrs travel would be safe estimate for TOTAL travel time. So from the time you leave POR to the time you are arriving at the Barber Shop.

I can't remember exactly how long our journeys were. But what I can tell you is that we had family staying at the contemporary who we met in the parks every day at a predetermined time.

Each day I was convinced we were running late and would start to panic. But we ALWAYS made it to the park with about 30 minutes to spare.

Most of the bus journeys were only 10-15 minutes. The real wait is how long you wait for your bus to show up.

Poly w/Family - 09/03 - 09/14 '95
POR w/DH & Family - Arcadian - 03/23 - 03/30 '13
Ismo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #453
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mainly thinking about what time I need to leave POR to make it to a 9:00 Harmony Barber Shop appt. thinking we'll just grab breakfast at the bakery after the haircut so we wouldn't need to wake up too early for lunch. I'm mainly just confused bc most things I see say that it takes no more than 30 minutes to bus anywhere (for the most part), but then Disney says to allow 1.5 hours travel time??
From POR, the LONGEST it was to get to MK was 20 minutes for US. If you get on the bus at 8:15, I will allege you will get to MK in plenty of time for your appt. Obviously, this will vary for the day/week and time/year. Travel time and bus time aren't the same at Disney. While it may take 15 minutes to bus to MK, it may take 15 minutes to get the bus, another 5-10 minutes to load/unload, walk to the gate, get in the gate, etc. barring no traffic issues. Does that makes sense? Plus some buses make more than one stop. For example, the bus from DHS to AKL stops at the water park first before going to AKL, so you have to figure that into it.

I also don't like their advice on Hoop de doo Revue - ie., taking the bus to Epcot, then hopping the bus to Fort Wilderness. We took the bus to MK then the boat to FW. One other time we went to DTD and took that bus to FW (from there you have to take another internal bus) Everybody has their own way. However, and oddly enough, it was faster to take the bus to MK, then the boat to FW than the bus to DTD, then the bus to FW. weird...

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:07 AM   #454
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunmcbunny View Post
I like it...really like. It seems to be more user friendly to me. Thank you!
Well as everyone seemed 100% happy, and I've found no further issues during testing - in fact, I think it works a lot better on various browsers than the old layout did, even on mobile devices which is a plus as it's not yet optimised for them - I've now made the whole site live in the new layout.

If anyone wants to give it a try, pop over to www.portorleans.org and let me know if you have any problems on whatever esoteric browsers you normally use.

I know about the overlap issue with embedded YouTube videos (for some reason the normal fix for this problem doesn't seem to be working) and a very minor menu-text formatting issue in Internet Explorer when you refresh the forums page (it loses the white shadows in the header text) but otherwise it seems to be working well.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #455
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well as everyone seemed 100% happy, and I've found no further issues during testing - in fact, I think it works a lot better on various browsers than the old layout did, even on mobile devices which is a plus as it's not yet optimised for them - I've now made the whole site live in the new layout. If anyone wants to give it a try, pop over to www.portorleans.org and let me know if you have any problems on whatever esoteric browsers you normally use. I know about the overlap issue with embedded YouTube videos (for some reason the normal fix for this problem doesn't seem to be working) and a very minor menu-text formatting issue in Internet Explorer when you refresh the forums page (it loses the white shadows in the header text) but otherwise it seems to be working well. Andre
Oh no! I love your site but can't read it! It only allows me to click on the home button on top. None of the other buttons work. I got into the news by clinking a red link on the right under port orleans news. None of the other buttons on the top bar work. Only the home one. I love the little I can see though. I am on my iPad mini using safari browser. I never have trouble using websites on it. Other than the TRex site bc of flash.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #456
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
I like it!! Very easy to use/see on my iPhone. I like the menu bar across the top! Very nice
Could you do me a favour and try again on the finished site using your iPhone, as I'm getting some comments from iPhone/iPad users saying that the menus are not working for them.

If it does work, could you let me know the phone type, and the browser and IOS versions that you use? Thanks.

As a temporary solution for now, IOS users should still be able to get to the whole site via the sitemap at www.portorleans.org/sitemap.php.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #457
StarDreamer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Could you do me a favour and try again on the finished site using your iPhone, as I'm getting some comments from iPhone/iPad users saying that the menus are not working for them. If it does work, could you let me know the phone type, and the browser and IOS versions that you use? Thanks. As a temporary solution for now, IOS users should still be able to get to the whole site via the sitemap at
Andre
I'm on an iPhone 5 and the buttons at the top aren't working. All other links are.

I went on the site through the disboards app and safari. I don't have the latest iOS (not enough memory) I have 7.0.4.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #458
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
I'm on an iPhone 5 and the buttons at the top aren't working. All other links are. I went on the site through the disboards app and safari. I don't have the latest iOS (not enough memory) I have 7.0.4.
I have iOS 7.1 on my iPad mini. I have the same issue in Safari and if I click through the disboard app. Hope that helps. I can open the links on my galaxy phone....looks amazing btw. I want to read it on my ipad bc it is so small on my phone. Hope you can get it to work! Also tried it with chrome browser on iPad mini and it doesn't work.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL

Last edited by lillykat; 03-29-2014 at 07:48 AM.
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #459
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
I have iOS 7.1 on my iPad mini. I have the same issue in Safari and if I click through the disboard app. Hope that helps. I can open the links on my galaxy phone....looks amazing btw. I want to read it on my ipad bc it is so small on my phone. Hope you can get it to work! Also tried it with chrome browser on iPad mini and it doesn't work.
I posted the other day, but had been using android and laptop, but today tried from IPodTouch with latest IOS and couldn't get the menu top tabs to work, only the home button, but could access links within text. FYI

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #460
WOODY13
Mouseketeer

Do you really need an ADR for Boatwright's? What are the odds of me being able to walk-in on a Saturday evening in May? I want to try it, but I don't want to be tied to an ADR that day because it's going to kind of be a go with the flow day.

You can try but don't be suprised if they don't have anything for an hour or so. It is Saturday night even though any night at Disney can be busy. I wouldn't chance it unless it doesn't mean that much to you if you don't get in. There is always the food court.
WOODY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #461
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

On my iPad and also confirming the menu buttons are not working. IOS 7.1 on Safari.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #462
littlelovebug
Mouseketeer

I made my ADR's yesterday and got everything we wanted, including 'Ohana dinner for 11! We're keeping this trip a surprise, so when DD woke up at 6:00 and saw me on the computer, I had to tell her I was paying bills! Hopefully there will be free dining again this year and POR will be included so I can get it added to our package. Either way, we'll be headed back in 179 days!!!! Not only is the trip a surprise, but once DD figures out where we're going, we still won't tell her we'll be spending time with my BFF and her family, my MIL, and close friends who now live in NJ!

Offsite 1984, 92 & 97, ASSports 2001, WL *Our Honeymoon* September 2003, POR *Jilly's First Trip* May 2010, POR *Anniversary/Jax's First Trip* September 2013
A Tale As Old As Time - Sept '13 PTR
"Mommy, this time it's all of our first times." April 28-May 3 TR
Magic In the Bayou...April 28-May 3 PTR
littlelovebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #463
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've only heard to allow 1.5 hours travel time with regards to traveling from one resort to another since there isn't direct resort to resort transportation; you usually have to travel from the first resort to a park or DTD, then from there to the second resort. This allows plenty of time for not only the travel times, but the wait times.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #464
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Could you do me a favour and try again on the finished site using your iPhone, as I'm getting some comments from iPhone/iPad users saying that the menus are not working for them.

If it does work, could you let me know the phone type, and the browser and IOS versions that you use? Thanks.

As a temporary solution for now, IOS users should still be able to get to the whole site via the sitemap at www.portorleans.org/sitemap.php.

Andre
On IPad, top tabs not working. iPad 3. iOS 7.1 Safari.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #465
taraaplin
Mouseketeer

Just checked in! I think we were upgraded

We booked standard and we are in building 16. Room 1644. It's a corner view and so close to the pool! Also, they gave my three year old balloons and a call from Mickey was on the voicemail! The room is so nice! I am so happy. It's storming, but who cares!
taraaplin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: