Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Allegator Bayou at POR - Best Standard Location?

We are staying at POR this September for our second visit to WDW. Because of our large family we are staying in Allegator Bayou - it was the best price we could get on a single room that could accomodate all of us without getting two adjoining rooms. So my questions about AB at POR are -

What's the best standard room location that we don't have to pay extra for closest to the food court?

Do I have to wait until check in to request it? If I do online check in can I put the request in then?

Also - what's my worst case scenario room? We don't mind a little walk to the food court, but those free drink mugs are rendered useless if we're so far out from the food court that nobody wants to endure the hike back to refill them. LOL! But we're paying for some other extras this trip so we don't want to spend any additional on a preferred room.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
We are staying at POR this September for our second visit to WDW. Because of our large family we are staying in Allegator Bayou - it was the best price we could get on a single room that could accomodate all of us without getting two adjoining rooms. So my questions about AB at POR are -

What's the best standard room location that we don't have to pay extra for closest to the food court?

Do I have to wait until check in to request it? If I do online check in can I put the request in then?

Also - what's my worst case scenario room? We don't mind a little walk to the food court, but those free drink mugs are rendered useless if we're so far out from the food court that nobody wants to endure the hike back to refill them. LOL! But we're paying for some other extras this trip so we don't want to spend any additional on a preferred room.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered!
Lodge 16 is going to be the closest to the main building. I like to get requests in as soon as possible as the room assigner will look at your reservation 3 days prior to check-in. I've found it best to call to have one added to a reservation.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Thank you!! I truly appreciate it.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I have to say POR is the one resort where I have never gotten my requests.

Worst case scenario is that you will be so far from the food court that you don't bother to fill your mugs. There are only 3 standard bayou section buildings that I would consider at all close that are not preferred. The other 10 buildings are a bit of a hike. If you want to be close you really should pay for the upgraded location. I didn't my last stay, and I did regret it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: