Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Bdev13
Earning My Ears

AKV - Do they actually have real cribs?

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone knows if AK Kidani Village actually has real cribs (besides pack n' plays) that are listed in their description? I have talked to a friend who stayed at BWV and even though they list real cribs available upon request they found out they did not have them and only carried pack n' plays.

I currently have the request for a crib and bed rails on my reservation, but want to see if anyone knows if they actually exist at Kidani.

TIA!!!!

Offsite 85', 89'; POFQ 96'; PORS 03'; YC 04'; BC 07'; WL 10'; PC 12'; BWI 12'; AKV 14'; Dreaming of Feb 16' return
Bdev13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
morethananyonex
DIS Veteran

I can't answer for Kidani specifically but I can say that we stayed at BLT and requested a real crib even though we had a pack n play in our room. We did get the crib and it was a pretty small crib, I wouldn't say it's much bigger than the pack n play. The biggest difference between the two is the open sides and the real crib being higher off the ground. If you're requesting the crib because the pack n plays are too small (like we were), it may not make much of a difference.

The issue your friend ran into may have been cribs running out, and BWI being prioritized as they don't have pack n plays in the rooms automatically like villas do.
morethananyonex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdev13 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone knows if AK Kidani Village actually has real cribs (besides pack n' plays) that are listed in their description? I have talked to a friend who stayed at BWV and even though they list real cribs available upon request they found out they did not have them and only carried pack n' plays.

I currently have the request for a crib and bed rails on my reservation, but want to see if anyone knows if they actually exist at Kidani.

TIA!!!!
Remind them at check-in that you requested a crib and if there is one available they'll bring it to your room. The cribs are infirmary style (white metal and small) and DD far preferred the pack 'n play to the crib.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Bdev13
Earning My Ears

Thank you!!!!! Hmmm maybe I should look into renting a crib or just using the pack n' play. I wanted a crib over the pack n' play for comfort to help daughter sleep well.

Offsite 85', 89'; POFQ 96'; PORS 03'; YC 04'; BC 07'; WL 10'; PC 12'; BWI 12'; AKV 14'; Dreaming of Feb 16' return
Bdev13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Our "real crib" at both BCV and BC CL was just a smaller version of a standard crib. I prefer it over the pak and play because it had a thicker mattress which I thought was more comfortable for my grandson.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
floridagirl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
loveleigh
Earning My Ears

I used to work at DAKL and I'm pretty certain (unless it's changed) that they offer pack and plays. I don't ever remember seeing a real crib. But it's been a year or so since I've been there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: