Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #286
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

The spa looks really nice! I wish we could get 3 week spa stay as part of our medical benefits.

Awesome parade pics! Everything looks so festive!

Jill in CO
Old 03-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #287
pas130
DIS Veteran

That's true, I forget you're stuck with the teaching schedule. But you always seem to have amazing trips Karin!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #288
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Love the pics, Karin.

I am so sorry Tom is still suffering with back pain. The Spa looks very peaceful - do hope they have been able to help the pain. Gentle hugs

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #289
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

That parade looks like so much fun. I love all the pictures you got of Mickey...he looks great in that green coat!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #290
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

How is Tom doing at the spa? It's probably too soon to tell, but does he feel a difference? What gorgeous views at the spa though!

Great pictures of the parade!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #291
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Well... I just wanted to make sure you got your donuts!!!

How were they?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:43 AM   #292
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Karin, loved the parade pictures!

Hope Tom is doing well with his spa treatments and getting some relief from his pain.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 AM   #293
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Lots of fun parade pics!
It's so nice to see more US Disney touches in Paris. Don't get me wrong, it IS a full Disney park, but things like parades and fireworks were lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
The spa looks really nice! I wish we could get 3 week spa stay as part of our medical benefits.

Awesome parade pics! Everything looks so festive!

Jill in CO
All insurance companies here pay for that kind of treatment. 3 weeks every two years.
Tom really enjoys it. It is like an all expenses paid vacation. AND he gets his salery on top of it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
That's true, I forget you're stuck with the teaching schedule. But you always seem to have amazing trips Karin!!!
No fun being stuck with the teaching schedule. But at least we have 9 weeks paid vacation in the summer.
Our Paris trip was really nice - we enjoyed it a lot - can't wait for our summer visit - 9 nights/10 days of Disney fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Love the pics, Karin.

I am so sorry Tom is still suffering with back pain. The Spa looks very peaceful - do hope they have been able to help the pain. Gentle hugs
Thanks Christine!
He will have to live with "some" back pain, but at least they were/are able to help him a bit. He feels really good at the moment and is enjoying his stay there very much.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #294
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That parade looks like so much fun. I love all the pictures you got of Mickey...he looks great in that green coat!
It was such an improvement from last years "small" parade! And yes, they dress up the characters really well in their festive attire. It IS cold here, so I guess they need to be dressed apropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
How is Tom doing at the spa? It's probably too soon to tell, but does he feel a difference? What gorgeous views at the spa though!

Great pictures of the parade!
Lesha, thanks for asking. He is doing pretty well. He gets up to 7 treatments a day and has a pass that allows him to use the huge spa (indoor and outdoor pools) for free.
It's hard to get a hold of him as he seems to always be doing something.

I spent my last two weekends there too and it was amazing. I have a few photos to post once I am done with replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Well... I just wanted to make sure you got your donuts!!!

How were they?
Thanks for thinking of us when you saw the advert. They were really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Karin, loved the parade pictures!

Hope Tom is doing well with his spa treatments and getting some relief from his pain.
I am glad you liked the parade pics. I was a bit worried as there were so many, but they were just too much fun to leave some out.

Tom is doing well and his back is much better at the moment. Not so sure when he goes back to hauling big crates of mail around.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #295
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=dizneeat;51052257]It's so nice to see more US Disney touches in Paris. Don't get me wrong, it IS a full Disney park, but things like parades and fireworks were lacking.

I'm surprised - I wonder why they didn't have them before Parades and fireworks are so classic Disney!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #296
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm surprised - I wonder why they didn't have them before Parades and fireworks are so classic Disney!
It was/is not completely owned by Disney and this being Europe they had a lot of things in their way. There was a "fireworks ban" for some years (they were only allowed "so many" fireworks a year). Now, Disney is buying back shares to get the majority again and we have seen many "Disney changes" like those parades - the fantastic Disney Dreams show and more rides at the studios. I was always jealous how there are daily fireworks in the US parks, now we are getting our share as well.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #297
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Glad Tom is enjoying the SPA!!! Great news about DLP having better fireworks and Parades !!!! I am determined today to catch up on all my threads !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #298
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
It was/is not completely owned by Disney and this being Europe they had a lot of things in their way. There was a "fireworks ban" for some years (they were only allowed "so many" fireworks a year). Now, Disney is buying back shares to get the majority again and we have seen many "Disney changes" like those parades - the fantastic Disney Dreams show and more rides at the studios. I was always jealous how there are daily fireworks in the US parks, now we are getting our share as well.
Oooh, if DLP gets more "Disney Changes" I might have to think about a trip back to that side of the world again!

Jill in CO
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #299
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Great to see the holiday pictures. I know about being busy, I've not been on the boards since Feb.28. I haven't had very much internet access since then.

It's great being able to go to a spa for physical therapy, no insurance coverage like that here!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:17 PM   #300
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

Love the christmas decorations and the parade pictures, very festive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: