Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #1
BellsFam
Mouseketeer

Edits to Exisiting Reservation?

Hi,

O.K., this question might be in the wrong spot, but if I book direct through Disney and get a package of tickets and room, if they offer free dining for my travel dates can I add that later, or would I need to have it already on the reservation and it's credited?

Last, are there cancellation or change fees associated with your reservation booked direct through Disney?

I think I'm booking it today or tomorrow!!!
*WDW Polynesian Concierge 05/2003 ~ *Universal Studios Wyndham Orlando Resort 06/2004 ~ *Honeymoon Grand Velas, Puerto Vallarta 09/2006 ~ *Western Caribbean Cruise, Carnival 05/2007 ~ *Nothing for a few years ~ *WDW Swan 09/2012 ~ *WDW Lake Buena Vista Resort 05/2013 ~
BellsFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
henry72
DIS Veteran

If you book your package through Disney and a promotion comes out (free dining or % off the room) all you need to do is call them up and add that promotion to your package. They will not do it automatically. There is no change fee to do this. (I added the spring discount to the package I booked in December with no problem and later even added a day without a charge.)

There is no cancellation fee if you cancel before 45 days out from your trip (when final payment is due).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
BellsFam
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

I didn't know if I had to have already added dining to my reservation and then they would adjust my final price to them that way.

I'm not saying it would happen, but it's a nice thought in theory if they do come out with it, and basically what it would mean to my reservation...
*WDW Polynesian Concierge 05/2003 ~ *Universal Studios Wyndham Orlando Resort 06/2004 ~ *Honeymoon Grand Velas, Puerto Vallarta 09/2006 ~ *Western Caribbean Cruise, Carnival 05/2007 ~ *Nothing for a few years ~ *WDW Swan 09/2012 ~ *WDW Lake Buena Vista Resort 05/2013 ~
BellsFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellsFam View Post
Hi,

O.K., this question might be in the wrong spot, but if I book direct through Disney and get a package of tickets and room, if they offer free dining for my travel dates can I add that later, or would I need to have it already on the reservation and it's credited?

Last, are there cancellation or change fees associated with your reservation booked direct through Disney?

I think I'm booking it today or tomorrow!!!
You can include the DDP now or wait to add it if/when FD comes out. With that said, you can have the FD promo applied to your existing reservation provided the resort/room type you have booked is available under the FD promo. Sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort and/or room type as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied.

RO and packages have different cancellation/change fees:

Packages - No fee if cancelled at least 45 days prior to arrival; $200 fee if cancelled 44 days or less from arrival. No change fee for changes made outside 45 days from arrival; $50 change fee for any changes made 44 days or less from arrival. With that said, Disney usually waives the $50 fee if the change results in an increase in total price.

RO - No fee if cancelled at least 5 days prior to arrival; the deposit (1 night's room rate + tax) is charged if cancelled 4 days or less from arrival. Change fee is same as above for any changes made 4 days or less from arrival (again, no fee charged if the change causes an increase in total cost).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: