Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 11:32 PM   #16
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I might be back in a week to complain! BWAAHAHAHA!
I would be very surprised if you do.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:26 AM   #17
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
I would be very surprised if you do.
I wouldn't be. For our stay we were in Jamaica 44 and while it is a fairly short walk to the front, that walk didn't feel short after a day in the parks. At night I would go buy a pop from the machine instead of hiking all the way to the front, and then all the way back again.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2014, 06:01 AM   #18
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
At night I would go buy a pop from the machine instead of hiking all the way to the front, and then all the way back again.
I completely agree with this. It would be silly to go to OPR if all I wanted was a pop. But a pina colava night cap definitely warrants a stroll across the bridge.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #19
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I don't mind a 5-10 minute walk (especially for a pina colava!). I just wanted to make sure this wasn't like FW where you pretty much have to use the buses because it would take 30 minutes to walk.

I think I am risking it. As of today, preferred rooms are still available. SO, if they show us our room and we don't have one of the closer standard buildings then we can try and upgrade at check in.

I know it's a gamble but I think I am going to roll the dice!

I truly appreciate all of the input here. It seems to be a mixed bag but I really wanted to hear from some who have been there and done that! Thanks to all!!!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #20
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

I would only stay at CBR if I had a preferred room. We are a family who likes to utilize the food court/drink machines/get coffee in the morning/swim in the main pool, so it is very important to us to be close to the action.

We don't have any problems with mobility, but I like to save most of my Disney walking for the parks! I agree with the CM, unless the budget is tight, you will NOT regret the preferred room!

ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #21
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Whattttt no way is it that far..we always stay in either Jamaica or Aruba and its always a 5-8 min leisurely stroll across the bridge..thats why we love it so much..its so pretty looking and the flowers, ducks bunnies and fish etc..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #22
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=basketlacey;51047623]
I think I am risking it. As of today, preferred rooms are still available. SO, if they show us our room and we don't have one of the closer standard buildings then we can try and upgrade at check in.
[QUOTE]

This isn't as easy as it sounds, either. The "Customs House" where you check in is quite a ways from where the villages are, so it's either a pretty decent hike or a shuttle to get you to where your room is to scope out the situation. Then you'd have to hike or shuttle back if you wanted to change anything. Just so ya know.

I voted "preferred" and we have loved the preferred areas, but I don't know if I'd consider it a big "risk"! CBR is a beautiful resort and hopefully you will all love it no matter which section you are in.

ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #23
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
I completely agree with this. It would be silly to go to OPR if all I wanted was a pop. But a pina colava night cap definitely warrants a stroll across the bridge.
Great point!!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #24
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
and their pina coladas are to die for!!! ( somehow after two or three of them walk back home to your room feels like a breeze..lol)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #25
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

We all know that 28 minutes is not how long it takes for a normal walker.

If your party includes several families (like 2 or more) then I highly recommend upgrading as it makes meeting up at the main pool, food court, and such easier. I have stayed at CSR in a standard room location with a multiple room booking and it works OK, but then we stayed at CBR in a preferred room location (multiple rooms group) and it made the vacation much more enjoyable.

I suggest an upgrade.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: