Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #736
zuly
DIS Veteran

OMG! One more thing to be excited about! I decorate my window every trip, I cant wait to get my hands on those MB!

ME DH DS:
98 off site honeymoon/99 off site/2000 off site/2002 off site/2003 off site/2004 off site big family gathering/2006 split ...first time POP/2007 POP/2009 POP/offsite villa 2011/POPsept2014
zuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #737
jezebel73
Mouseketeer

I see some versions really seem to show the brush strokes and others not at all. Is this a technique thing or type of polish or just good camera work?

Me DD (9)
jezebel73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #738
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel73 View Post
I see some versions really seem to show the brush strokes and others not at all. Is this a technique thing or type of polish or just good camera work?
In my experience there is some technique to doing it. When I did mine, I noticed that the nail polish dried really quickly. Once you put some polish down you won't be able to spread it and smooth it out. I painted three layers to make it opaque. I started at one end of the band and brushed in the same direction all the way across to the other.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:08 AM   #739
themommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPirate View Post
About how early do the MBs arrive, before your trip? We have 1month to go, and can't wait to get decorating!
FYI I got mine a month before they were supposed to ship. I got the email that they shipped the day they arrived. Keep your eyes open for them. Have a great time!
themommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #740
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

So I already completed a green one (shown in previous post). Now I have an orange & red one to decorate. Instead of using all nail polish like I did on the green one, I wanted to see what kind of temp tattoos were out there (character or otherwise) that appeal to me. I found a few sites online that seem alright for characters & some other cute ones.

Can anyone recommend a store that has a good selection of Disney tattoos & others as well? Party City came up in my online search but I'm wondering where else I could go look at them so I can see them in person before buying..

I also saw on Etsy there are pop up stickers that I thought might work w/some crazy glue or Loctite adhesive. Just trying to keep options open here.

The original idea I had for the orange one was to do simple Tigger stripes on it but it doesn't seem too original anymore b/c I've seen a few (Great looking ones!) on this thread so far. It's still on the table as an option being that Tigger has always been one of my favorite characters.
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #741
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
I don't have experience w/stickers (painted mine w/nail polish & it turned out great!) but I know that purple hasn't been an option for a customized color on the site. So you'd have to get a purple polish & paint over the original color to get a purple band but it should still turn out looking good. I also am not a good painter & cannot draw a stick figure right but found just painting the whole thing w/different colors/sparkle nail polish was super fun!
That's exactly what I did!! I have a standard grey one from my last minute 2 day trip in January. Already have a red one from Dec and my AP blue one just arrived. So took the grey one and painted it a beautiful deep shiny purple, my favorite toe nail polish!! Looks wonderful!

Now to figure out what to do now. But it is fun!!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #742
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
That's exactly what I did!! I have a standard grey one from my last minute 2 day trip in January. Already have a red one from Dec and my AP blue one just arrived. So took the grey one and painted it a beautiful deep shiny purple, my favorite toe nail polish!! Looks wonderful!

Now to figure out what to do now. But it is fun!!!!
That sounds awesome! Purple is one of my favorite colors. Do you have a photo you could post (or have already), please?
Stefecatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #743
Ero_FL
AP

Purple is my favorite color, too. I was so bummed they didn't have it.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #744
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post

That sounds awesome! Purple is one of my favorite colors. Do you have a photo you could post (or have already), please?
Haven't yet. Will try to remember.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #745
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Our AP bands have been shipped and are on the way. That means I'll have three more to decorate soon, and then another three before our trip in August. Plus my sister wants me to do her families bands for August too, that's 6 more.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #746
MommyJack
Crazy for Disney

I've just read through this entire tread. Me and DD are inspired. Can't wait to get our MB's so I can go to work on them. I'm thinking Minnie for my red one and princesses for DD's. Definitely going with sparkle nail polish for both. Thinking glow in the dark clear coat and tiger stripes for DS's orange one.

1998 - off property, 2003 - CS, 2007 - FW Cabins, 2010 - ASM, 2012 - Dream Cruise, 2014 - AoA
Old 03-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #747
iheartbuffy
Mouseketeer

I redid my pink one that I had put stripes on, it's now the greenish gold one. The color changes depending on the angle. It goes from a bluish the gold, it's my Ariel inspired one.

The yellow one is my Beauty and the Beast one. I wanted bigger tattoos but I couldn't find any with just Belle and Beast so they are small.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:09 PM   #748
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I can see your 2014 bag in the background I bought one too! I absolutely love the 2014 castle design! It's so cute! We got the t shirts when they were offered as a limited time magic from the Disney Store in Jan!!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #749
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
Our AP bands have been shipped and are on the way. That means I'll have three more to decorate soon, and then another three before our trip in August. Plus my sister wants me to do her families bands for August too, that's 6 more.
I just may have to drive north and add my MBs to your list of bands to decorate! Your designs are wonderful!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #750
Flametla
Tammy

Currently at WDW

Hi all,

Starting my 3rd day at DWD (unfortunately leaving tomorrow) Staying at All Star Music. I've had several comments from cast members on my band here. I have a simple blue band with black and white polka dots. Staff say they actually haven't seen that many decorated bands.
My mom's been on the look out and said that she hasn't seen any either.
One cast member did indicate that there was going to be some big reveal for decoration to the magic bands. Probably at D23

Just thought I'd share.
Flametla is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: