Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
neptuneflame
Mouseketeer

We have been doing WDW all wrong!!

Rope drop!!! Just got back from five days at the parks, and wow!!! I know, I know...you all have been telling me for years. We did rope drop once, on our first visit as a couple in 2002 (so long ago it's impossible to imagine!) and we thought "never again". Vacations are supposed to be "relaxing"! Well, goodbye to all that!

This trip, my sister, nephew, and mother joined us. Sister was determined to make it to MK before opening every day. As it was DNephew's first trip, and spring break crowds were expected to be near worst, and I am the designated planner, I went along. And, wowee!!!! We got so much accomplished in those first two hours!

I didn't even think checking boxes would be that important, but it turns out we're raising mini-commandoes over here. Once we hopped off a ride, the five- and three- year old would say, "Which ride are we going to now?" We got everything on our list done by noon, and did FP+ after lunch. Pirates captured my DNephew's imagination, and over the course of the trip, I think he rode it 8 times.

On a personal note, pre-trip my sister spoke often about how this would be the "only" trip till DNephew was older. Once we got back, she texted me with hopes we would return next year and bring the whole family (her DH, our dad and brother, etc). I consider that a successful trip!

May 1987, June 1998, May 2002 *engagement trip*, Dec/Jan 2003/4 *Honeymoon*, Mar 2005 (Disneyland), June 2005, Jan 2007, Mar 2008, Oct 2008, Jun 2009 (Disneyland), Mar 2011 *DD's first trip!*, Oct 2011, Jan 2013 *DS's first trip!*, Mar 2014 *DNephew's first trip!*, Oct 2014
neptuneflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: