Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #31
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Not bugging me at all. Yes there will be a water element to the new design but nothing like what is there now.
Sort of envisioning that it may be somewhat like a Polynesian-themed version of the water element that's in the WL lobby (perhaps it will run out of the back of the lobby toward the pool).
Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #32
TooExcitedCantSleep
I can't with you basic chicks

There has to be a water element in that lobby and don't mess with the water outside in the front either. I like those huge cascading water walls....but those are everywhere.
TooExcitedCantSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #33
Friend of Figment
Life Long Disney Fan and Expert

I think many will be pleasantly surprised when the remodel is finished. I visited Disneyland in 2012 and spent many hours enjoying Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam's. Trader Sam's is Disney magic at its best and will be a welcome and much needed addition to the Polynesian Resort. Lately Disney has been sparing no expense to detail and I would feel this will only continue with the remodel of the Poly. The great ceremonial house has been plague with issues for years and I am glad the resort is getting the TLC it needs.
Friend of Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:11 AM   #34
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I'm just waiting to see how expensive those water bungalows are going to be. 18 water bungalows with view of the magic kingdom and wishes just think of the price.
Price as part of DVC? Or Rack rate? I'm sure they'll have a rack rate but I doubt they'll make it to cash pricing very often.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:20 AM   #35
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachsie View Post
Well Phooey! I was planning to go to Captain Cooks to get Tonga Toast on 3/23. So its not going to be available?
Couldn't you just go to Kona Cafe and get it there?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #36
LaurenJohnson
Disney will forever be my happy place...

Last edited by LaurenJohnson; 04-17-2014 at 01:25 PM.
LaurenJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #37
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenJohnson View Post
I am going in October, and was planning on eating at Kona because it's a personal favorite of mine...do you think it's worth it to eat there in October or will it be just too heartbreaking to see
I say go for it. Even with the hotel under construction that wont stop the food at Kona from being amazing.
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #38
minnielexa
Earning My Ears

What if they cost 2,000 dollars?? What will we do?
minnielexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #39
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnielexa View Post
Then some of us are going to be very sad lol.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #40
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnielexa View Post
I can almost guarantee those poly bungalows will be the most expensive rooms on property. Think of the castle views, firework views, water pageant views, being on water, and there are only 20 of them. All of those things ads up to be $$$$.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #41
Bob Roberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew015 View Post
I am completely, 100% against the removal of the center water feature. I get the removal of asbestos, maintenance issues with the fountain and ADA compliance babble, but why can't those things be addressed while maintaining the iconic center feature? I can't believe for the life of me that the only logical solution is to axe it completely. Isn't this the same company that turned swamp land into the most visited place on the planet, constructed a gigantic golf ball as an attraction that millions ride annualy and replicated Yellowstone's Lodge in the middle of Orlando, FL (actually, they made it better)?

I suppose I shouldn't get my "bloomers" in a wad until we see the finished product, but I don't like the sound of it and can't see this being an improvement. I hope I eat my words, but don't see that happening. If a new gift shop opens up in the center of the GCH where the fountain once was, we'll know for sure that the bean counters know exactly what's best for us and our beloved resorts, and that the guest experience means absolutely nothing.

Bang on, I hope I will be eating crow but I doubt it. Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$. Do you think the top Disney Exec's and bean counters with the same amount of personality and imagination as this brick wall I am looking at care about the nostalgia of one of their classic resorts? Heck no, it means nothing to them, a gift shop would not surprise me at all.

I bet this same crew of people would never even contemplate about maybe adding a hot tub or two, and perhaps a work out facility? I know I am shooting for the stars here, heck why should I expect theses amenities at the Poly when I can get them at the Red Roof Inn on the 192.
Bob Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #42
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roberts View Post
Bang on, I hope I will be eating crow but I doubt it. Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$. Do you think the top Disney Exec's and bean counters with the same amount of personality and imagination as this brick wall I am looking at care about the nostalgia of one of their classic resorts? Heck no, it means nothing to them, a gift shop would not surprise me at all. I bet this same crew of people would never even contemplate about maybe adding a hot tub or two, and perhaps a work out facility? I know I am shooting for the stars here, heck why should I expect theses amenities at the Poly when I can get them at the Red Roof Inn on the 192.
they are supposed to be redoing the pool area and adding a hot tub. No word on a work our facility. Yes it is all about the money but they are not putting a gift shop in the middle of where the fountain is. There is supposed to be a new smaller water feature.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #43
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

You said Tikiman has a blog somewhere right? Whats the name of it?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #44
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmentforever24 View Post
You said Tikiman has a blog somewhere right? Whats the name of it?
Just google tikiman it pops right up, I think his facebook page is better has many pictures and recent updates. His blog has a timeline of the upcoming projects

Old 03-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #45
BigTigger
DIS Veteran

The thinning of the lobby furniture and props has already begun. Cast Connection got the drums, carved torch lamps, and some of the rattan chairs last week.
BigTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc, fountain, polynesian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: