Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #91
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

IGT OGT & VGT are out for the TA in May

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #92
smalltowngirl504
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
IGT OGT & VGT are out for the TA in May

What is TA?

smalltowngirl504 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #93
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl504 View Post
What is TA?
TA = Trans Atlantic
Old 02-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #94
smalltowngirl504
Mouseketeer

Ty

smalltowngirl504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #95
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

I book a VGT on this year's 9 nighter Alaska cruise. I have a few questions about how they fill the cabins. Do they go from the highest class to lowest in the category or lowest to highest? Do the people who book VGT get put in an order like the first person to book it is #1, 2nd #2 etc? The reason I ask is because I want to know are people who book VGT (or the other fares) later or closer to cruise time more likely to get the better rooms because the original VGTs were already assigned from the lower categories? I am just very excited to have a verandah in Alaska. It was my dream but with the difference in regular prices of inside cat 11c vs lowest class of verandah there was no way I could justify the price difference. Now I totally can!!!

Thanks

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #96
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
I book a VGT on this year's 9 nighter Alaska cruise. I have a few questions about how they fill the cabins. Do they go from the highest class to lowest in the category or lowest to highest? Do the people who book VGT get put in an order like the first person to book it is #1, 2nd #2 etc? The reason I ask is because I want to know are people who book VGT (or the other fares) later or closer to cruise time more likely to get the better rooms because the original VGTs were already assigned from the lower categories? I am just very excited to have a verandah in Alaska. It was my dream but with the difference in regular prices of inside cat 11c vs lowest class of verandah there was no way I could justify the price difference. Now I totally can!!!

Thanks
I booked VGT for 9 night as well! YAY

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #97
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

delete

Last edited by ranidayz; 02-24-2014 at 03:52 PM.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #98
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
I booked VGT for 9 night as well! YAY
Hurry up and wait. There seems to be 8 cabins in all the categories 5b and higher, none in 6a and 5c, and only 2 in 7 a. There are 8 1-bedroom concierge available...can't imagine why anyone would want to pay $14k+ for just 2 people (I looked for my son and I haha) but to each his own I guess. We will just have to slum it in a verandah hahaha. Kidding of course! I'm so excited to move up from the lowest category 11c!!!

Sent from Stephie's iPhone using DISBoards

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:19 PM   #99
fsugirl333
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if we can request a certain deck or in our case request to not be on a certain deck? We've never done VGT before so we have no idea how it works.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #100
Kathrynberman
Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting this. I booked a reservation for my uncle and I was allowed to pick the room. We'll see if it changes. Kind of makes it difficult to participate in the FE if your stateroom changes, though.
Kathrynberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #101
BeachyMouse
Earning My Ears

What's the Saving's

I've seen a bunch of posts on these reservations. Does anyone know what kind of savings your getting on these cruises? Such as what the normal price is, and what you paid, difference. I havent seen many posts with this info. Didnt know if its worth the hunt.
BeachyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #102
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachyMouse View Post
I've seen a bunch of posts on these reservations. Does anyone know what kind of savings your getting on these cruises? Such as what the normal price is, and what you paid, difference. I havent seen many posts with this info. Didnt know if its worth the hunt.
I was wondering the same thing. We are looking to do the Dream in the summer but I am trying to estimate cost compared to other options.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #103
katds10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsugirl333 View Post
Does anyone know if we can request a certain deck or in our case request to not be on a certain deck? We've never done VGT before so we have no idea how it works.
You can't request anything for the I/O/VGT rates and can't request a change once it's been assigned either. It's a gamble! But the great rate is usually worth it!
katds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #104
katds10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post

Thanks
I've done VGT before and people who booked VGT after me got rooms in the same category as well as higher categories. Same with people who booked earlier. I think it's random. They used to try to keep linked cabins near each other but people have been saying not to count on that anymore with people with linked cabins winding up on different floors.
katds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #105
eganfire
Earning My Ears

waiting

I am GTY and waiting

5-24-14 Disney Wonder - Alaska
4-6-13 Disney Fantasy
1-26-11 Disney Dream - Inaugural
10-24-10 Disney Wonder
3-7-09 Disney Magic
1-27-07 Disney Magic