Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
mj2vacation
I only work to afford my toys and travel!

Plat CC Palo question

So if we have 2 rooms, wife in one I am in the other ...

If we do PALO For brunch and dinner, do we each get a comped meal with a guest?

Second, we have our 18 year old platinum son (ok, we have invested as much as in him as his weight in platinum.....). Can he take his mom as a guest for a third meal?

I know, maybe looking to work the system a bit, but it's not like Mickey has not gotten just a bit out of us to reach that level!
mj2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2vacation View Post

Second, we have our 18 year old platinum son (ok, we have invested as much as in him as his weight in platinum.....). Can he take his mom as a guest for a third meal?

I know, maybe looking to work the system a bit, but it's not like Mickey has not gotten just a bit out of us to reach that level!
On the DCL website it says

*** Offer includes dining service fee ($25) for one dinner. Available to Platinum Castaway member and Guests staying in member's stateroom. Must be 18 years of age or older. Subject to availability

I read this as you (and anyone in your room) will get the meal (same meal, same time). And your wife (and anyone in her room) will get the meal (same meal, same time). I've read that, if 2 Platinum are in the same room, it's only one meal, total, for both of them. Not one meal, each, with guest.

I may have it wrong, but that's how I read it.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 03-13-2014 at 08:55 PM.
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:

. . . Second, we have our 18 year old platinum son . . . Can he take his mom as a guest for a third meal?
Only if your son is staying in a third cabin.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

He actually wouldn't be able to take his mom as a guest even if the son was in a separate room. It is only good for one meal per guest staying in the room with the Platinum member. You will each be able to have one meal at Palo comped.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #5
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

We sailed on the 2/16 Wonder and after enjoying our brunch, the manager (Dragan) came over and told us the offer is no longer good for brunch. If we wanted to come back for dinner they would arrange it for us, and that would be comped, but we had to pay for our brunch. I don't know if this is true on all the ships, but it is being enforced on the Wonder.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamColt View Post

We sailed on the 2/16 Wonder and after enjoying our brunch, the manager (Dragan) came over and told us the offer is no longer good for brunch.
Oh, darn!

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
wl1117
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We sailed on the 2/16 Wonder and after enjoying our brunch, the manager (Dragan) came over and told us the offer is no longer good for brunch. If we wanted to come back for dinner they would arrange it for us, and that would be comped, but we had to pay for our brunch. I don't know if this is true on all the ships, but it is being enforced on the Wonder.

That seems so strange (not that I doubt you)! Isn't brunch cheaper? Seems like they'd rather comp that one than dinner.

6th DCL cruise -Magic - May 2, 2014
wl1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #8
CamColt
Mom gone wild!
B1 BINGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1117 View Post
That seems so strange (not that I doubt you)! Isn't brunch cheaper? Seems like they'd rather comp that one than dinner.
That's exactly what I thought. I also thought it was weird how he came over to us to tell us that. We hadn't even gotten the check yet, and didn't question it or anything, but he made a point to come over to tell us that.

I did check the wording on the website when I got home and it does specify "dinner", but I know we have used it for brunch before(on the Magic) because that was when we first learned of this perk. And I believe our waitress then said a complimentary "meal". It is disappointing, especially when we only did brunch and did not want to miss a dinner with the group of people we were traveling with.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Quote:

If you are in one stateroom and she is in another and you are both platinum, everyone (18 or over) in both staterooms gets a Palo meal. I'm totally confused about the son. If he's in a separate stateroom then it will apply to anyone else staying in the stateroom with him. But if he is staying in a stateroom with his mother and both are platinum they can get one comped Palo each and no more. No multiples. And you can't register the mother in both staterooms if you've got the son in a separate one.

You can't just pick a guest to go with you, they have to be staying in your stateroom. If that guest is also platinum, they get their own comp - they don't use yours.

Brunch is not cheaper. Both brunch and dinner are $25 right now. If it's true they've discontinued brunch, can't tell if it's just on the Wonder or everywhere. I've used it for brunch several times.

Last edited by MakiraMarlena; 03-14-2014 at 12:30 PM.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Wah! This stinks! We liked using this credit towards brunch so that we could be in the dining room with DD and friends/family for dinner.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
CamColt
Mom gone wild!
B1 BINGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
Brunch is not cheaper. Both brunch and dinner are $25 right now. If it's true they've discontinued brunch, can't tell if it's just on the Wonder or everywhere. I've used it for brunch several times.
You are correct DCL charges the same for brunch and dinner, $25.00 per person. What I was thinking is the food at brunch likely costs DCL less than the dinner food. I would think they would rather give away some pastries, eggs, etc...as opposed to a filet. But I could be totally wrong on that.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
socababy
DIS Veteran

So if you're platinum, everyone in your room will get their Palo dinner for free?? I had no idea. I just thought it was for the individual platinum guest.
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: