Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #1
FisherCruiser
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Help! Lost Camera

I'm hoping that someone can help us out. We just got off the Disney Magic (in stateroom 2108) on Monday and my husband think he left behind his brand new Sony Action Cam in the stateroom. We've contacted Disney Lost and Found with no luck. Thoughts? Are we screwed? It isn't so much the camera that makes me sad - it's all the pictures and the video of our trip.
FisherCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
Minniemiss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherCruiser View Post
I'm hoping that someone can help us out. We just got off the Disney Magic (in stateroom 2108) on Monday and my husband think he left behind his brand new Sony Action Cam in the stateroom. We've contacted Disney Lost and Found with no luck. Thoughts? Are we screwed? It isn't so much the camera that makes me sad - it's all the pictures and the video of our trip.
Call again when this next cruise returns. It may have been found and turned into lost and found during this current cruise.
Minniemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
SpoonfulofSugar
DIS Veteran

We once left some stuff in our stateroom after getting off the Wonder and a few weeks after the cruise we got a box mailed to us from Disney Cruise Line with the left behind items in it. We were very surprised, so there is hope!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

I'm sure you have but continue to go through your luggage with a fine toothed comb. 2 weeks ago I was convinced I'd left my (large) laptop power cord on the ship only to find it wound in with my GPS power cord 2 days later.

I found packing to get off the ship a challenge since the luggage needed to go out the night before and then I had to juggle at the airport. Could it have got tucked away somewhere else?

Did you rent a car or fly? Those might be other places to check too.

I'm SO sorry this happened! Feeling sick for you!

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonfulofSugar View Post
We once left some stuff in our stateroom after getting off the Wonder and a few weeks after the cruise we got a box mailed to us from Disney Cruise Line with the left behind items in it. We were very surprised, so there is hope!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
spacecanada
Mouseketeer

In the meantime, see if anyone from your cruise meet thread has photos of you. And call the DCL photography company to see if you can get your cruise photos, all of them, on CD after the fact. (They do keep them for a week or so, from my experience.)

Best of luck finding your camera!
spacecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Shutters keeps the images for 3-4 weeks after the cruise.

My SIL & BIL just had a camera "taken" from the table they were next to on a cruise a couple weeks ago. She posted on the cruiseline's FB page and Twitter accounts. The DIS reaches a small portion of DCL cruisers. Getting the word out to more guests will increase your chances. I would even say please return the SD card no questions asked. At this point it's the pictures that matter.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #8
Momof2inCT
Earning My Ears

We lost our camera too - on our first cruise, on the very last day. I still remember some of the photos we took! We never got it back. BUT - it reminds me now that photos aren't something I focus on when we go on vacation because we may not have them forever (or at all) and instead I try to make memories and 2 - we now bring our laptop and upload them every evening and into the cloud when we go into port.
Momof2inCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
spacecanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2inCT View Post
we now bring our laptop and upload them every evening and into the cloud when we go into port.
We do something similar in that we use a new memory card each day, so if our camera was lost, we would only lose one day's worth of photos. We also take a photo of our name and contact information on every memory card, should the camera or card be lost, someone can look at the photos and know how to call or email us.

Keep us posted OP. Another suggestion for now would be to write down a very detailed journal of your trip, with as many details and memories as you can, so you can look back on it and remember all the memories you made together. Do this now whilst the memories are fresh.
spacecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherCruiser View Post
On these boards, we've heard crazy stories about things that were lost showing up much later and being returned to the owners. I know this doesn't help now, but someone once suggested taking your first picture with a contact number or email in case it's lost and someone goes through to figure out who owns the camera.

I hope you find it!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

I am SO SORRY. What an absolute sick feeling. I sure hope they find it for you and it is returned safely.

This is sort of off topic but I wanted to post it anyway. After standing behind someone at GS at DL trying to describe their lost camera to a CM, I knew I never wanted to go through that process (they left theirs on a ride). I ordered some small dog tags from a pet ID place with this engraved on them:

$$ CASH REWARD $$
If found, please call or text
XXX-XXX-XXXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX

I put both mine and DH's cell phone numbers. I put one of these on my camera strap AND on my camera case. I actually put one on my key ring also since it would be expensive to replace our fob.

Anyway! Our camera and case are now easy to identify with these pet ID tags on them. Hopefully the words "reward" would make someone think twice about keeping our camera. Like you, I would mostly want the memory card from it.

Good luck!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: