Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #31
carolann210
Earning My Ears
 
carolann210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 71

Hopped over from the WL thread...subscribed and much appreciation to you KOOK!
carolann210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #32
mpbs
Mouseketeer
 
mpbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
RESORT NEWS... ~CR ACTIVITY CALENDAR ~BLT ACTIVITY CALENDAR 2013 MAJOR RESORT ENHANCEMENTS: Guest elevator improvements. Contemporary Tower and South Garden Wing Guest room soft goods replacement. 14th floor Tower Club Refurbishment of lounge and rooms. 12th floor Atrium Club level concierge lounge and room soft goods rehab. California Grill refurbishment. POST YOUR VACATION DATES AND I'LL PLACE THEM HERE IN THIS NIFTY LOG! Pygmypuff07: 3/15 - 3/21 CR snowwhite84: 3/17 - 3/23 GW MommaBarb: 3/31 - 4/5 CR Brian Noble: 4/5 - 4/12 BLT-Two Bedroom First BLT/CR stay cgh: 4/26 - 5/3 BLT-One Bedroom Gillyrose779: 4/27 - 5/4 BLT One Bedroom shelleylmu: 5/14 - 5/20 BLT-Studio witchesbrew: 5/24 - 5/28 CR llouque: 5/25 - 6/1 CR-TPV bc133: 5/25 - 6/1 BLT So excited! goofy4prez: 6/2 - 6/9 CR-Atrium Club Pygmypuff07: 6/5 - 6/8 CR-CL Tinkerbellsmomma: 6/14 - 6/19 BLT Studio Trooper8286: 6/14 - 6/16 BLT One Bedroom Our first stay at BLT! WDWKOOK: 6/22 - 6/25 BWI and 6/25 - 7/3 WL-CL Celebrating our 27th anniversary glvsav37: 7/14 - 7/25 BLT SRUAlmn: 7/17 - 7/24 BLT YCFAN: 7/18 - 7/21 Tower Club OurBigTrip: 7/29 - 8/8 CR-TPV syp4dis: 8/21 - 8/24 Atrium Club Missyrose: 8/29 - 8/30 BLT Studio poohgirl6: 8/31 - 9/7 CR Julie521: 9/1 - 9/11 BLT Studio Last trip before getting a house and kids! mickeymouseclubhouse: 9/8 - 9/10 BLT Studio snausman: 9/12 - 9/21 Atrium Club jkc0325: 9/12 - 9/15 mousekatool: 9/13 - 9/20 Our first stay at CR! Brandigregory: 9/13 - 9/20 BLT One Bedroom This will be our first stay! Gracie09: 9/18 - 9/25 BLT princessap: 9/21 - 9/29 BLT jennab: 9/21 - 9/25 BLT-Studio jvarne1: 11/1 - 119 BLT One Bedroom mickeyplanner: 11/22 - 11/28 BLT Studio bohemian74: 11/23 - 11/28 BLT Two Bedroom I am ridiculously excited! Pygmypuff07: 12/6 - 12/17 CR
mpbs: 5/19 - 5/25 Atrium Club
mpbs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #33
orion2185
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 244

Studio Standard View Room Request? PLEASE HELP

Hi
This is our first trip to WDW and we have picked to stay at BLT

this is for our honeymoon and going to be spending a decent amount of time at WDW...so we have opted just for a BLT studio standard view to save some money.

Have been going through the old thread for past week or more...and it's allot of information to process.

wondering if someone can help us with room "request" (we know they are just request)

it appears that there are a few studio stand. views that over look a parking lot, tennis court, and Magic Kingdom...seen some rooms with views of firework shows on the old thread.

What do we "request" to get one of these rooms with a view of MK over the parking lot and dumpsters?

would this be "north part of tower facing outwards"
(as we understand the resort is shaped like a "C")
"even number room" "on highest floor possible"

would the above request be accurate in trying to secure one of these stand view studios with some what of a MK view?

any help is greatly appreciated!
THANKS everyone ...this is why we love THE DIS
orion2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #34
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,560

Awesome thread! Please add us...we are staying in a BLT studio 9/10-9/14. Will just be DH, me and our 2yo. Taking her on a long weekend to visit Magic Kingdom!
__________________
Me (42), DH (42)

DD1 (13), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)



I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #35
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprincessjo View Post
Joining in on the new thread!!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Found it So now you know I've seen it I can be severely dealt with if I post on the old one by mistake. No excuses lol. Thanks for setting this up for us
You're welcome. Glad you found us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Wow, KOOK!!! Fantastic work!!!!! I've been struggling with excitement since we booked a year in advance and already passed our ADR mark. You have managed to re-excite me!! Thanks!!
Re-did the thread just for you. What ADRs did you book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateshome View Post
Participation post...
Staying at CR 5/4 thru 5/10.
Dreamed about it for 35years now and its right around the corner.
:group hug:

Great job Kook!!!
Thanks, skateshome and I'll add you to the Log-orail. You've waited a long time to be in our log

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
The new thread looks Great! We are staying at a BLT studio for the first time, in September. I had a very trivial question, here goes... Pictures of the laundry machines show a place to slide your room card. However, you don't get a room card now, right? How would that work today, besides cash?
I don't have a photo of it, but there's a 24-hour self-service laundry on the first floor of BLT. I assume it is free to BLT guests, as it is at other DVCs. You will need your KTTW card or MB to enter and the machines should be free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolann210 View Post
Hopped over from the WL thread...subscribed and much appreciation to you KOOK!
Did you take a Sea Raycer or the Blue Flag? Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbs View Post
mpbs: 5/19 - 5/25 Atrium Club


Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2185 View Post
Hi
This is our first trip to WDW and we have picked to stay at BLT

this is for our honeymoon and going to be spending a decent amount of time at WDW...so we have opted just for a BLT studio standard view to save some money.

Have been going through the old thread for past week or more...and it's allot of information to process.

wondering if someone can help us with room "request" (we know they are just request)

it appears that there are a few studio stand. views that over look a parking lot, tennis court, and Magic Kingdom...seen some rooms with views of firework shows on the old thread.

What do we "request" to get one of these rooms with a view of MK over the parking lot and dumpsters?

would this be "north part of tower facing outwards"
(as we understand the resort is shaped like a "C")
"even number room" "on highest floor possible"

would the above request be accurate in trying to secure one of these stand view studios with some what of a MK view?

any help is greatly appreciated!
THANKS everyone ...this is why we love THE DIS
I don't know if you got a more thorough answer from the BLT room # experts on the BLT room number thread where you posted. That thread has all the room numbers and respective views/descriptions in Post 1. The view you are describing is like #7306 (and others like 7404). It is an "outer villa on the north side."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondog View Post
Awesome thread! Please add us...we are staying in a BLT studio 9/10-9/14. Will just be DH, me and our 2yo. Taking her on a long weekend to visit Magic Kingdom!
Thank you and I'd be happy to add you. Happy planning!

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-13-2014 at 02:55 PM.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #36
m2zjj
Mouseketeer
 
m2zjj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 193

So glad to find this thread. Lots of great info.

This will be my 4th time to WDW and first time onsite. We are staying at CR BLV Aug 23-30 for our 10th anniversary trip.
__________________
m2zjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #37
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Has anyone done with personal water craft tour by Sammy Duvall that leaves from the contemporary marina? I am thinking about doing it with my husband and was wondering what people's experiences were with it.
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #38
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

New digs!!!!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #39
cadale
Mouseketeer
 
cadale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 301

Looks fantastic!
__________________
(DH) (Me) (DD) (DS) (DDIL)

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #40
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran
 
SRUAlmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SC
Posts: 9,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Re-did the thread just for you. What ADRs did you book?
Ha!

We booked:
California Grill for July 17
Chef Mickey's breakfast for July 20
Crystal Palace breakfast for July 23


On another note.....I am so, super worried. I know you should never book a resort with hopes of a discount in mind, but our BLT, MK view, 2 bedroom is a splurge for us. My mom has always dreamed of being able to see the fireworks from her room and this year I wanted that dream to come true. I just saw the Disney VISA code for summer and BLT is excluded.... I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the AP and General Public discounts!
__________________
Me DH Our "Baby"
**Christmas 1994 - POFQ
**Christmas 1997 - Polynesian
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
SRUAlmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #41
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE
 
coastermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Staten Island NY
Posts: 1,392

Just Booked !! Long weekend in Sept our first visit to the Contemporary !! Tell me I will love it !! We are in a garden view but for all I care it could be a parking lot view I am just happy to be there !! LOL
__________________
ME DH DD 22 DD19 DS 12

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #42
EveClark
Mouseketeer
 
EveClark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

Ha!

We booked:
California Grill for July 17
Chef Mickey's breakfast for July 20
Crystal Palace breakfast for July 23

On another note.....I am so, super worried. I know you should never book a resort with hopes of a discount in mind, but our BLT, MK view, 2 bedroom is a splurge for us. My mom has always dreamed of being able to see the fireworks from her room and this year I wanted that dream to come true. I just saw the Disney VISA code for summer and BLT is excluded.... I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come for the AP and General Public discounts!
Do you mind if I ask what the Disney Visa code is? I have the Disney Visa but I haven't received any emails and no summer promo is showing on our account page...
I'm anxiously waiting for a late summer/early fall promo so I'm very interested!
Thanks
EveClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #43
brandigregory
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveClark View Post
Do you mind if I ask what the Disney Visa code is? I have the Disney Visa but I haven't received any emails and no summer promo is showing on our account page... I'm anxiously waiting for a late summer/early fall promo so I'm very interested! Thanks
It only goes to 8/28. Do you still want it?
brandigregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #44
brandigregory
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveClark View Post
Do you mind if I ask what the Disney Visa code is? I have the Disney Visa but I haven't received any emails and no summer promo is showing on our account page... I'm anxiously waiting for a late summer/early fall promo so I'm very interested! Thanks
S4994
tel:14079397217

That is the number and code
brandigregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #45
brandigregory
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandigregory View Post
S4994 tel:14079397217 That is the number and code
S499R...sorry for the typo!
brandigregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: