Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #1336
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

I'll have to investigate the FP thing. I know if you hop your FP+ are only good for the one park you choose so I'd have to think you could get paper FP if you park hop that day? I need a FP 101........oh Cynthia.......
Nope. Paper FP is gonzo. Totally.

What we did was use FP+ for afternoon evening rides and did rope drop or close to for morning stuff if we wanted to hop. Worked out fabulously for us.

Quote:
Insomnia. I suffer with it. It's the worst. Even with a sleep aid, sometimes I get 7 hours and sometimes I get 4. This is a 4 night. It totally stinks. I've tried yoga, I drink no caffeine, decaf, and limit sugar after noon but nothing seems to really make an impact.
What about something that is a lot more cardio than yoga? Bike, elliptical, treadmill, run, whatever? I find that helps me. Or more accurately helps make my body and brain tired enough to stop thinking. Add a hot bath after that and
Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #1337
SeattleSuz
DIS Veteran

I've been following this for a little while now, but mostly just lurking. Love the Pirate Night outfit and can't wait to hear all about your trip and see tons of pics!! You guys are going to have so much fun!

Suz (40) DH-Matt (39) DD-Ariel (6)
SeattleSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #1338
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love your pirate outfit!

People dress up for dinner for sure, some REALLY dress up! You will look great.

Kids are so funny. I barely packed anything costume wise on the last cruise and then Evan wanted to see if he could get a pirate makeover and buy some extra costume stuff on the ship. Hard to predict. JUST entering puberty? UGH. I have 2. At once. Not fun.

I guess he's been entering for a year or so now but I'm just seeing the teenage personality changes recently. He's a great kid. I didn't realize we get a bandana on board? That's cool. I'm going to place my bets now that that is what he wears.

The dress was so cheap on some costume site after Halloween. Both together, if I remember correctly were under $25 and his comes with all sorts of stuff.

Quote:
Nope. Paper FP is gonzo. Totally.

What we did was use FP+ for afternoon evening rides and did rope drop or close to for morning stuff if we wanted to hop. Worked out fabulously for us.

What about something that is a lot more cardio than yoga? Bike, elliptical, treadmill, run, whatever? I find that helps me. Or more accurately helps make my body and brain tired enough to stop thinking. Add a hot bath after that and

No paper FP? So no FP except for the 3 in the park you choose for that day?

I'm going to pick your brain when it comes to planning WDW with FP+. Your plans sounds perfect. Love late afternoon FPs.

I use to do lots more typical cardio and actually the hot yoga has a lot of cardio. I never feel like passing out more than when I'm doing the Warrior pose. Ever. My heart rate flies during the standing poses. But you're right, some thing more consistently cardio would maybe help. I've always been a poor sleeper but its gotten worse as I've aged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSuz View Post
I've been following this for a little while now, but mostly just lurking. Love the Pirate Night outfit and can't wait to hear all about your trip and see tons of pics!! You guys are going to have so much fun!

and hi. Thanks for jointing in. Thank you, I really like the dress. It's simple and light so it won't take up much room. My SIL has full pirate regalia but I can't imagine packing it.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 03-12-2014 at 05:22 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #1339
rentayenta

Old 03-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #1340
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
[CENTER]I guess he's been entering for a year or so now but I'm just seeing the teenage personality changes recently. He's a great kid.
Yeah, they are like split personalities at this age I have a love/hate relationship with both of them. Ok, hate is a little strong but oh my, the attitude can be brutal at times.

And then they are my sweet loving fun boys.

And then not.

Quote:
I didn't realize we get a bandana on board? That's cool. I'm going to place my bets now that that is what he wears.
That is what the boys wore, both times. We also got stuff in our FE that they used, temporary tatoos, eyepatch, earring I think.

The bandannas are SMALL so just be aware that they work great on small heads but can be tricky to tie otherwise. Which is why mine usually ended up around my wrist.

Quote:

No paper FP? So no FP except for the 3 in the park you choose for that day?

Yep

Quote:
I use to do lots more typical cardio and actually the hot yoga has a lot of cardio. I never feel like passing out more than when I'm doing the Warrior pose. Ever. My heart rate flies during the standing poses. But you're right, some thing more consistently cardio would maybe help. I've always been a poor sleeper but its gotten worse as I've aged.
What I found, for me, is that the cardio from pilates, which there definitely is some, still doesn't do the endorphin release that 30-40 minutes of non stop cardio does. In some ways endurance trumping intensity. It certainly stretches me out more so my body is a bit more relaxed than after a run or the elliptical but my brain is still going pretty darn strong. It is hard to fit in the nighttime workouts but I really believe they help with my sleep.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #1341
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I didn't get a PM, what did they decide?

And you know they could change the movie schedule all around, not to despair at a possible 8:30 showing.

I won't dress up for Pirate night, I love the idea but I didn't buy anything.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #1342
rentayenta

Quote:
Yeah, they are like split personalities at this age I have a love/hate relationship with both of them. Ok, hate is a little strong but oh my, the attitude can be brutal at times.

Indeed they are. Joshua's attitude isn't too bad yet. Gabby and I went through a super rough phase when she was about 15. Holy moly, we could hardly be in the same room at times. As you can imagine with Chloe now in the mix and three cycles it's an emotional circus sometimes.

Quote:
And then they are my sweet loving fun boys.

And then not.

Its like pod people have taken over their bodies.

Quote:
That is what the boys wore, both times. We also got stuff in our FE that they used, temporary tatoos, eyepatch, earring I think.
I think I'll grab him an eye patch. Think the headband my be too small with all of his hair? My dress needs some accessories but I don't feel like buying something I'm never going to wear again, ya know?

Quote:
The bandannas are SMALL so just be aware that they work great on small heads but can be tricky to tie otherwise. Which is why mine usually ended up around my wrist.
Maybe I'll tape mine to my belly. After two cruise days, I'm going to need to hide the beast.

Quote:
Yep

Dang!

Quote:
What I found, for me, is that the cardio from pilates, which there definitely is some, still doesn't do the endorphin release that 30-40 minutes of non stop cardio does. In some ways endurance trumping intensity. It certainly stretches me out more so my body is a bit more relaxed than after a run or the elliptical but my brain is still going pretty darn strong. It is hard to fit in the nighttime workouts but I really believe they help with my sleep.

Im going to take your advice and start doing the elliptical 3x a week again for an hour each time. It's the kind that can't stop racing. My body can be dead tired and it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I didn't get a PM, what did they decide?

And you know they could change the movie schedule all around, not to despair at a possible 8:30 showing.

I won't dress up for Pirate night, I love the idea but I didn't buy anything.

You got my texts. I think the 8:30 wouldn't be too bad as we could wear pjs. Were thinking of doing the midnight premiere of Captain America in our pjs if you want to join us. I need to find out what day it would be.

Have you decided on Cozumel? What do they do about time zone changes? Cozumel is central but CC is eastern?

Maybe just wear the headband they give? That'd be cute and I see lots of adults with it like that.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:35 AM   #1343
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

As far as time changes, they have you change time on the ship sometimes or they tell you not to adjust to the local time in port. I know that on our Galveston trip they told us to ignore local time in port. On the Mexican Riviera cruise we changed time for about five of the seven days.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #1344
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
As far as time changes, they have you change time on the ship sometimes or they tell you not to adjust to the local time in port. I know that on our Galveston trip they told us to ignore local time in port. On the Mexican Riviera cruise we changed time for about five of the seven days.

I may have to wear a watch. I don't like watches but it might be worth it. Cozumel is our only port with a time change.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #1345
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hey Chica! The bandanna fit on Timmy's head last year fine- it will be waiting for you on the table at dinner. If you stop by the DVC desk they usually hand out tattoos for pirate night. Cynthia's advice about hitting a dif park early in the am and then heading elsewhere for fp+ later in the day is a great way to do it- that is what we have been suggesting to all of our clients too.

I am heading down to WDW on Sunday night- I can't believe it! So happy your big trip is nearly here- I guess when I get back from mine, you will be in full on yippee skippee mode- lol-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #1346
Pinkocto

Thanks so much for keeping me in the FB loop

Im worried Captain America will be the last night.

That's what some tablemates did a few times, went to the early movie in their pjs. They also took breakfast with them from the buffet.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 03-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #1347
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
[CENTER]Indeed they are. Joshua's attitude isn't too bad yet. Gabby and I went through a super rough phase when she was about 15. Holy moly, we could hardly be in the same room at times. As you can imagine with Chloe now in the mix and three cycles it's an emotional circus sometimes.
It's interesting around here. K&T are so much more introverted in many ways than the E's it almost seems like puberty exaggerated it. Both K&T were very much "hide" in their room, quiet (sullen) with monosyllabic answers to everything kind of kids. K is pretty much out of it thankfully.

The E's alternative between that and the non stop chatter that is now complete with DRAMA when things aren't going they way they want, or they are being questioned on something they don't want to be questioned on. So very put upon at times are those two!

And then they can turn around and be wonderful. Totally pod people.

Quote:

I think I'll grab him an eye patch. Think the headband my be too small with all of his hair? My dress needs some accessories but I don't feel like buying something I'm never going to wear again, ya know?
Exactly, if you have hoop earrings, those are good but don't buy anything. On the bandana it's not so much the hair, it's how big is his head?

Quote:
Im going to take your advice and start doing the elliptical 3x a week again for an hour each time. It's the kind that can't stop racing. My body can be dead tired and it doesn't matter.
That is SO frustrating! Then you get even more wound up as you try to tell yourself to stop thinking.

Quote:
You got my texts. I think the 8:30 wouldn't be too bad as we could wear pjs. Were thinking of doing the midnight premiere of Captain America in our pjs if you want to join us. I need to find out what day it would be.
What are you planning on doing in your pj's? Ugh on midnight premieres. I dozed off at at least one 10:30 movie. LOL.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #1348
rentayenta

We're headed to Vegas for soccer so I'll reply later, too hard from the phone, but needed to countdown!

Old 03-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #1349
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure that the premier will be on out last night. That will make for a hard morning. I wish they would do it a day early.
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #1350
Pinkocto

Safe travels this weekend. Good luck to Joshua!

Two weeks to vacation!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: