Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #1561
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
Yikes. The price of these European cruises makes my head spin. We're hoping to be able to afford the local zoo next month--I couldn't even imagine throwing down that much cash on vacation, even for Disney!
After booking these, I'll only be able to afford the Washington dc zoo

sweetlovin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #1562
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
After booking these, I'll only be able to afford the Washington dc zoo
Haha....free is something I can get on board with!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #1563
Peytonthe1st
Princess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
On the Gold/Platinum release day (before fares are released on DCL's website), Costco had to call DCL in order to book for me. Costco didn't even realize the itineraries were available. I had to tell them to call. I'm guessing that the following day, once fares were online for all to book, Costco had them in their system as well. Please note though that Costco's phones don't open until 10am Eastern, whereas DCL releases rates at 8:00 (I think, or is it 9:00??).

Jodie
OK....I know this has got to be one of the dumbest questions you all have heard so bear with me...

This will be my first DCL cruise (so I am OBVIOUSLY not Gold/Platinum status) and I plan to book through Costco. Can I come here, find out from all you wonderful folks that the dates have been released for Gold/Platinum and have Costco call over to DCL to book? Or would I have to wait until the dates have been released on DCL's website for all of us non-G/P cruisers?

Thanks!!!

Peytonthe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #1564
ahain
Thankful & Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peytonthe1st View Post
OK....I know this has got to be one of the dumbest questions you all have heard so bear with me...

This will be my first DCL cruise (so I am OBVIOUSLY not Gold/Platinum status) and I plan to book through Costco. Can I come here, find out from all you wonderful folks that the dates have been released for Gold/Platinum and have Costco call over to DCL to book? Or would I have to wait until the dates have been released on DCL's website for all of us non-G/P cruisers?

Thanks!!!
You can call Costco, but they will not be able to book for you until your open booking day (day 3, I think?)
Disney Wonder - Alaska - 6/2015 ......Disney Dream - 4 night Bahamas - 4/2015...Disney Dream - 3 night Bahamas - 10/2014...Disney Fantasy - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - 4/2014 .....Disney Dream - 3 night Bahamas - 10/2012
ahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #1565
Peytonthe1st
Princess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahain View Post
You can call Costco, but they will not be able to book for you until your open booking day (day 3, I think?)
Thank you. Hopefully the price does not change too much in that time period. We are considering either a balcony (nothing special, just a regular balcony) or an ocean view. When will the wait end?????

Peytonthe1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #1566
Garyjames220
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Which route or routes did you hear you won't be able to use the OBB 10% discount on? Is this a guess or was this blocked on similar routes in the past?
No am not guessing was told by a few people on here *** there Norway baltics cruise is so popular u can't use the 10 percent discount on it
Garyjames220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #1567
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyjames220 View Post
No am not guessing was told by a few people on here *** there Norway baltics cruise is so popular u can't use the 10 percent discount on it
DCL has never done a Norway cruise, and their 2010 Baltic cruises didn't sail full. As I recall - DCL added onboard credit of ~ $300 per person to those who had booked a 2010 Baltic cruise to keep them from "jumping ship" - but that was added after the cruises were initially booked.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #1568
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
DCL has never done a Norway cruise, and their 2010 Baltic cruises didn't sail full. Lots of people may be interested in doing one of those cruises - until they see the price tag!
I think the post was saying they will be popular.

I was on a DCL Baltic cruise, mine was just very slightly short of being full.

So the reports they didn't sell well are not correct, hence why DCL are going back.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #1569
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
I think the post was saying they will be popular.

I was on a DCL Baltic cruise, mine was just very slightly short of being full.

So the reports they didn't sell well are not correct, hence why DCL are going back.
I know what the PP was saying. The Baltic itinerary was popular...the price was not. That's why DCL added the very generous onboard credit to every passenger (who had booked by a certain date)...to keep them onboard!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #1570
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know what the PP was saying. The Baltic itinerary was popular...the price was not. That's why DCL added the very generous onboard credit to every passenger (who had booked by a certain date)...to keep them onboard!
What was the OBC?
Old 03-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #1571
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
What was the OBC?
$300 I believe a PP said.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #1572
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
DCL has never done a Norway cruise, and their 2010 Baltic cruises didn't sail full. As I recall - DCL added onboard credit of ~ $300 per person to those who had booked a 2010 Baltic cruise to keep them from "jumping ship" - but that was added after the cruises were initially booked.
They also offered the Cat. 12 GTY on those sailings which was the way they discounted cruises before they went to the *GT rates.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #1573
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
They also offered the Cat. 12 GTY on those sailings which was the way they discounted cruises before they went to the *GT rates.
I think the cat. 12 GTY fares were offered after people were in the penalty phase, as I recall quite a few people paying the penalty and still coming out thousands of dollars ahead. However, I don't think the cat. 12 GTY fares were offered on all 4 Baltic cruises.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #1574
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
$300 I believe a PP said.
Thanks. It's hard to keep up here!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #1575
Garyjames220
Mouseketeer

Am confused

Are u saying if I book on board I get the 10 percent of any cruise and doesn't exclude any then ?
Garyjames220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: