Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Contemporary 14th floor 2 bedroom suite?

I see in various places around the web that the Contemporary has a 2 bedroom theme park view suite on their 13th/14th floor club level. However I don't see this room appear anywhere on the Disney website when trying to reserve it. I see a bay lake view suite but the pictures make that look like it's in the garden wing.

Two questions -

Does it exist and is it reservable?
Is it any cheaper than just reserving two regular club level TPV rooms? (Y'know... like buying in bulk! )
(okay that's 3 questions...)

I'm trying to setup a family of 6 for a celebration. Thanks!
Skywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Babsy
DIS Veteran

I understand that there are suites on the 14th floor, but I haven't stayed there. We have done the 2 connecting rooms on the 12th floor club level and that was wonderful. I would call Disney and enquire about the suite. There are definitely suites in BLT next door.

Not sure which has the better price, but I expect that it would be the connecting rooms. Just guessing, though.

Oh, you might check out www.mousesavers.com They may have the rack rates on there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
I see in various places around the web that the Contemporary has a 2 bedroom theme park view suite on their 13th/14th floor club level. However I don't see this room appear anywhere on the Disney website when trying to reserve it. I see a bay lake view suite but the pictures make that look like it's in the garden wing.

Two questions -

Is it any cheaper than just reserving two regular club level TPV rooms? (Y'know... like buying in bulk! )

1: The 2 bedroom suites exist and are bookable. You may need to call the reservation line if the TPV one isn't showing online. I had trouble with that too in 2010 but was able to book over the phone.

2: Nope. The 2 bedoom is in the $2000/night range whereas 2 TPV rooms will run around $1300/night.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
2: Nope. The 2 bedoom is in the $2000/night range whereas 2 TPV rooms will run around $1300/night.

Ahh... that makes it an easy choice then!

Thanks guys!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

Two questions -

There are I believe two two bedroom TPV suites at the CR...as a pp said..you do need to call to reserve them...

WDWKOOK has put together a very comprehensive thread about the CR and BLT too...and on the first page there is a link to a 14th floor room map..and pics of the 14th flor lounge and the king room..all of which have had recent rehab...

The suites are spacious..the two bedroom has 4 very large balconies...and the 14th floor lounge beautiful....

As for room rates..two TPV atrium club rooms would be less costly...

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
As for room rates..two TPV atrium club rooms would be less costly...
Thanks.

Yeah, I'm going to go for two TPV rooms and then hope for a little "pixie dust" to get upgraded.

A few more questions -

Is the lounge on the 12th or 14th floor? It looks like it was both at one time but I'm gathering there's only one now? (it surprisingly took me a while to realize club level was only TWO floors and not 3 because of the non-existent 13th floor!)

Do people with access to the 12th floor have access to the 14th? (I'm curious to see what it looks like)

And in that same vein - anyone know if Nixon stayed in the Presidential suite or was he in one of the garden wings?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

There are two distinct club level floors...

12th floor is called the "atrium" club...
14th floor is just called club level..and as you know there is no 13th floor...lol...and is primarily suites..with few individual rooms..a few which are king...all MK view..and a few rooms with the double queen beds...one of which I believe has a Bay Lake view??

There are lounges on both floors...and you can only access the lounge on the floor that you are booked on...

Pictures of both can be found on the CR FAQ...

No idea about Nixon... lol..maybe that info would be on one of the sites that has a history of the WDW resorts..like walt dated world???

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: