Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
iambrink
Mouseketeer

yes it's another cry for help! which resort?

I am adding a four night stay after our cruise in October and plan to visit TL and HS while we are there. I wasn't planning on renting a car this time. I am looking at moderates and could be talked into a value. We stayed CL WL in November and was not impressed. We have stayed at POFQ and loved it, but my kids have outgrown the pool and theme. I think the most important aspect of the resort would be the pool, again not really considering deluxe for this trip. I have looked at AOA which looks nice, but I have never stayed at a value just because the pools do not have slides. We do tend to share our time between a park or two and the resort, so we are not really people that just need a place to out our head! I have been reading some info about CBR which looks nice, but really prefer the idea of queen beds and not sure if we will hit the refub timing. Thoughts?
Old 03-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
Kristina4109
DIS Veteran

I don't know about you, but there is no WAY I could traipse around theme parks and then squish into something smaller than a queen sized bed with my husband.
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

I think if you like POFQ stay there & I believe you can use the pool at POR also so you have the option of both pools. I too would not want to share a full size bed with another adult.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
iambrink
Mouseketeer

I agree that the double beds would probably be a deal breaker! I understand that CBR is the only moderate left with doubles which should change with the refurb.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #5
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

If your kids like pools I would recommend CSR or CBR. Show your kids some photos online of the slides and pool areas.
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #6
froggygal1301
Earning My Ears

I'm right there with you! I desperately want to stay at CBR the end of October but cannot deal with a double. I am looking at CSR. Is there any info on the refurb available? I've had a hard time finding any.
froggygal1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #7
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggygal1301 View Post
I'm right there with you! I desperately want to stay at CBR the end of October but cannot deal with a double. I am looking at CSR. Is there any info on the refurb available? I've had a hard time finding any.
The CBR refurb is scheduled to start the beginning of April.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambrink View Post
I am adding a four night stay after our cruise in October and plan to visit TL and HS while we are there. I wasn't planning on renting a car this time. I am looking at moderates and could be talked into a value. We stayed CL WL in November and was not impressed. We have stayed at POFQ and loved it, but my kids have outgrown the pool and theme. I think the most important aspect of the resort would be the pool, again not really considering deluxe for this trip. I have looked at AOA which looks nice, but I have never stayed at a value just because the pools do not have slides. We do tend to share our time between a park or two and the resort, so we are not really people that just need a place to out our head! I have been reading some info about CBR which looks nice, but really prefer the idea of queen beds and not sure if we will hit the refub timing. Thoughts?
We loved everything about CBR, along with the great pool. A refurb is scheduled to start in April (with queen beds replacing the doubles) and although I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last, there's probably a good chance things will be well under way (if not near completion) by October (although that's just my guess). But I agree with TigrLvsPooh that I would look at pics of the various mods and choose the one that appeals to you the most. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #9
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The CBR refurb is scheduled to start the beginning of April.
Yes. And if they stay on schedule you will probably get brand new rooms with queen beds by your trip. You never know if the project gets delayed but you could switch if you find out they're not complete.

In any case, my first suggestion would be CBR, and my second suggestion would be CSR for their nice pool, great food court, fitness center and spa offering, and an option to book a business class room. But since you weren't impressed with WL CL, I'd suggest a preferred room at CSR only, if that.

Have a great cruise and WDW stay
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #10
iambrink
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your input. I always turn to disboards for great ideas!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: