Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
stacynichole
Earning My Ears

Best deluxe resort for an adults only trip?

We will be going to Disney World for an adults only weekend September 19-22, 2014! There are 4 of us and we are looking at Deluxe resorts (mostly for the location and amenities), 3 day tickets, and the dining plan. Anyone have any preference/opinion on the resort and dining? We have booked the Boardwalk Inn but was curious if there was a better choice! We are also wanting to do 3 table services, any suggestions? Thanks!!

"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up"- Timothy Mouse from Dumbo

1996-2000: 4 trips with marching band to the all stars resorts and marched/performed in the main street parades!
2001: Family trip, stayed off site
2012: WISH trip for my son, stayed at Rosen Centre and visited Magic Kingdom, Sea World, Aquatica, and swam with the dolphins at Discovery Cove!
2013: 1 week at Coronado Springs, first trip as a family!
2013: Day trip to Magic Kingdom in October

stacynichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

The BW is a great choice as all the EPCOT resort restaurants are close and all the EPCOT/DS restaurants are all with in easy walking distance.

We love walking around the BW at night, great entertainment and lots of spots for a drink.

EPCOT, DS and BC have some of our favorite restaurants on property, all with in easy distance of the BW.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

That's a great deluxe location for a great night life. I would say you could stay put for a fantastic adult vacation. You can walk over to Epcot's World Showcase. This brings me to my next recommendation. If you like Italian food, I recommend you book Tutto Italia. They have mode made pasta (you'll have to ask for it). Their red sauce is to die for. Also, order their anti pasta. It's pricey but the spread is nothing short of fantastic.

That will leave 2 more sit down dinners left to decide on. I'd book a dinner show: The Hoop Dee Doo. My family books this show almost every time we go to WDW. It's a lot of fun. Plus, they include all the beer or wine you want. You'll leave the Hoop Dee Doo, full, smiling. My sister and brother in law left intoxicated (don't know if they meant for that to happen but anyways..). Ans so now I'm left with one more recommendation. This one is a toss up for me in your situation but I might be inclined to suggest a Royal Table dinner at the MK during evening fireworks.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #4
acc82
Mouseketeer

my personal favorite is The Grand Floridian. I find it's luxurious and that is perfect for adults only. I went there with just the husband (we are a no-kid family anyway) and we had a wonderful time. They have Citricos there for dining and they serve wonderful food. They also have a bar with live jazz music.

Other than that, I'd say go with Animal Kingdom with a savannah view so you can see the animals from your room.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Are you all staying in one room? If not, then I highly recommend CR. There is this one light in there that creates a wonderful mood.....just sayin'....! DH and I went there for our 20th anniversary and when we turned on that particular light, I was like "now why didn't anyone on the DIS every talk about THAT?" LOL!! So, don't say I didn't warn ya!

In addition to the great room lighting there are terrific restaurants, the Wave blue bar, the beach, we like the pools.....love every single thing about CR so that is where I would stay.

If the four of you are in the same room, then I would rent DVC points and stay in a two bedroom.

Good luck!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
luckypup
Mouseketeer

I am partial to the Epcot resorts- just love the whole feel of that area and Epcot is our favorite park anyway and you can beat walking there. Our favorite adult dinners have been Narcoosee's (well timed for fireworks view as well as great food), Yachtsman and O'Hana (although I admit O'Hana can be hit or miss).
BWI 5/11
POR 5/13

luckypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #7
CWdreamer
Mouseketeer

My mom and I will be going on an adults only long weekend in early May and after going through the same process, decided on BWI (we did upgrade to CL after the discounts came out).

We wanted to stay deluxe and we narrowed our choices to BWI, GF and Poly. CR was not considered because I stayed there in June with my kids and although I thought she would like that (I loved it), with Chef Mickey's it didn't have the adult vibe I thought she would like. The construction at Poly was not a deal breaker, but we were not sure how that would affect it, so crossed it off the list. Basically, we decided on BWI due to the location, décor and the fact that I really wanted a balcony that overlooked the boardwalk. The Flower & Garden festival will be at EPCOT and we will spend one of our two park days there.
BWI CL - May 2014
CSR - July 2015
CWdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

DH and I don't have kids yet, and we've stayed at several Disney resorts.

I thought the most adult-friendly one was the Boardwalk Inn. It's walking distance to Epcot and DHS, plus there are some great bars/restaurants at the resort. Jellyroll's, in particular, is a lot of fun. DH likes microbrews, so we tried Big River Grille and had an excellent dinner there.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
There are 4 of us and we are looking at Deluxe resorts (mostly for the location and amenities), 3 day tickets, and the dining plan. Anyone have any preference/opinion on the resort and dining?
I would do one of the Epcot area resorts. The two parks there are a little more "grown up" than the Magic Kingdom, so you'll probably be spending at least half your time there. You are also close to a lot of great food options there as well.

As for which resort: The Beach Club feels more "family" to me (though we did stay at BCV for our Food & Wine week in '12). The Yacht Club and Boardwalk are a little bit more adult in theme. YC is a little quieter and "sophisticated", Boardwalk a little more whimsical and active. Also, it might be worth considering the Swan; it might be quite a bit less expensive, and while you won't get the Disney onsite perks, it's an awfully nice hotel for a grownups-only trip.

But, I would *not* get the dining plan. Even if you plan to eat the "right" number of meals, it's a little constraining in how you order. For example, I often get an appetizer, but skip dessert and have something as a snack later. Likewise, you are there during the opening weekend of Food & Wine. It would be easy to make a full meal (or two!) of just snacking around the kiosks, but the new Plan only includes one snack per day, so it wouldn't be a natural fit.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Definitely an Epcot resort... walking distance to the World Showcase for the best adult atmosphere on property. :D Personally I would choose the Yacht Club, but they are all good.
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
TigrLvsPooh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #11
HereForMinnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacynichole View Post
We will be going to Disney World for an adults only weekend September 19-22, 2014! There are 4 of us and we are looking at Deluxe resorts (mostly for the location and amenities), 3 day tickets, and the dining plan. Anyone have any preference/opinion on the resort and dining? We have booked the Boardwalk Inn but was curious if there was a better choice! We are also wanting to do 3 table services, any suggestions? Thanks!!
Four adults in one room? I would get a villa. If you don't mind sharing space with another couple I think the Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge resorts are good picks.

Upcoming: Last minute trip July 2014-GF RPC
2011- Poly GV (1x) GF TPV (1x) GF RPC (1x)
2012- SSR (1x) AKV SV (2x)
2013- AKV (1x) WL (1x, never again) BC (1x)
HereForMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
IsThatYouTigger
Mouseketeer

Location: Currently live in Indiana after having lived in Central Florida for 27 years...it has been rough :-)...

I think you have the right pick in Boardwalk for your adults only trip. DH and I stayed there for our honeymoon and it definitely has an 'adult' vibe even though there are still kids around. Being in the Boardwalk area you have boat or walking access to DHS, EPCOT, YC, BC, Swan & Dolphin. You don't have to travel somewhere on a bus if you don't want to...there is plenty to do right there!
IsThatYouTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #13
DemoBri1
Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

I think a lot depends on your preference of what you'd like the vacation to be. If you are looking to really "get away" from the hustle and bustle then AKL might be your pick. It is somewhat isolated being out on the western end of the property and it is the only deluxe that is not within easy reach of a park.

If you want to be on the monorail I'd look at the GF. Prior to this year I would have said the Poly hands-down, but with all the construction going on there I think it would detract from your experience.

If you want access to the most "adult" type things to do then I'd say the same as the majority in this thread and go with one of the Epcot resorts. BC might not be for you as it is more of a family-oriented resort with a lot of kids. I would try for YC or BW.

Whatever you decide have FUN!!

DemoBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult trip, board walk inn, deluxe resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: