Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
PlutoTheDog89
Mouseketeer

Parking at resorts

Quick questions - let's say you're an offsite guest. You want to tour the resorts at Walt Disney World - how would you work it?

Example: You want to do the "monorail tour". Do you park at Disney's transportation center and take the monorail from resort to resort; or can you park in the Contemporary's parking lot for a few hours?

What's the best bet? Maybe going to Downtown disney and taking the bus to a resort?

I usually stay onsite but I was curious...

25-year-old Disney Christmas aficionado. Visiting Disney during Xmas week for the 5th time in 6 years.

Previous Trips:

12/24/13 - 1/1/14 Xmas trip #4
12/24/12 - 1/1/13 Xmas trip #3 (Post Sandy)
3/29/12 - 4/1/12 Wedding for family friend
12/24/10 - 1/1/11 Xmas trip #2
12/24/09 - 1/1/10 Xmas trip #1
July 2007 Celebrate my graduation/birthday
1990s Bunch of times in the 90s - 25th Anniversary, etc.
PlutoTheDog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

will unless you are shopping or eating at the CR - the guards might turn you away.

you never know until you try.

you can also park in the TTC parking lot - you have to pay if you are offsite - and take the monorail.

would not do DD if you want MK - far to long and those buses are not on the same schedule - with 3 stops in dd then tl, then to the resorts.

although lots of people do this.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 03:28 AM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoTheDog89 View Post
Quick questions - let's say you're an offsite guest. You want to tour the resorts at Walt Disney World - how would you work it?

Example: You want to do the "monorail tour". Do you park at Disney's transportation center and take the monorail from resort to resort; or can you park in the Contemporary's parking lot for a few hours?
The technical answer is that you're only supposed to park at the resort while enjoying the amenities of that resort. So, you're welcome to park at the CR as long as you're at the CR, but when you're ready to head to the GF or Poly, you should move your car. Now, whether or not folks do that is a different story. You can also valet park at the resort and then you can do whatever you want.

I also would not do the DTD option. The buses to and from DTD are not always the best and you could spend considerable time just getting to the first of the resorts.

For the MK resorts, I'd park at the TTC. For the Epcot resorts, I'd park at DHS.

As the PP mentioned, the monorail resorts and the Epcot resorts tend to be the most "sticky" in terms of parking because they have theme park access. Most of the time the guards will let guests enter the lots without a parking pass or reservation confirmation, but during busy times, you might be turned away (or sent to an overflow lots in the case of the BW).

Just a note, but this tends to be a touchy subject here on the Disboards. A fair number of us have had bad experiences where we return to our resorts to find the lots full and then "magically" they empty out a little after the park closes. So it makes one think that folks are parking at the resorts to avoid paying for parking, which is not the purpose of the resort lots.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
MsThumper
Mouseketeer

There have been times when we have been staying on-site that there were signs at the hotel parking lot entrances that said parking was for guests only. We saw them during the Food and Wine Festival last year. We arrived on a Sunday, but since we don't use our car again until we leave, I don't know how long they were up for.
MsThumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: