Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #16
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Completely understand about training. I booked our trip online and put the wrong ages in for my daughter and her friend--put 16 instead of 17. I called to correct this and was told Disney views them as an adult so my package price was going to change. I was sitting at a computer and put in the same info AND put they were 17....low and behold it was the exact same price as what I paid. When I questioned it and told the CM what was showing she still said I was wrong and we would just leave it as they're 16 so we don't have to reprice my package.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #17
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Completely understand about training. I booked our trip online and put the wrong ages in for my daughter and her friend--put 16 instead of 17. I called to correct this and was told Disney views them as an adult so my package price was going to change. I was sitting at a computer and put in the same info AND put they were 17....low and behold it was the exact same price as what I paid. When I questioned it and told the CM what was showing she still said I was wrong and we would just leave it as they're 16 so we don't have to reprice my package.
There's no extra charge per night for children younger than 18 sharing a room with their parents. There is an extra charge for more than 2 over-18 Adults in a room. Certainly no extra charge for two 17-y/o children plus one adult.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #18
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
There's no extra charge per night for children younger than 18 sharing a room with their parents. There is an extra charge for more than 2 over-18 Adults in a room. Certainly no extra charge for two 17-y/o children plus one adult.
I know right? That's why I don't place much faith in what they tell me and usually book online anyway. I guess I'm just going to go with the age 16 thing since it doesn't really matter or change pricing. I was just trying to be honest with everything.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #19
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
I know right? That's why I don't place much faith in what they tell me and usually book online anyway. I guess I'm just going to go with the age 16 thing since it doesn't really matter or change pricing. I was just trying to be honest with everything.
Sometimes dealing with Disney CMs makes me wonder if I have misplaced my marbles. It's possible that they are conveying info to me that I didn't know, but I don't take their word for anything until I have done my own research online. Disboards has been a great help for that.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #20
mavadell
Mouseketeer

No one expects them to KNOW everything, but can't they look it up? They are obviously sitting in front of a computer. How hard would it have been to look up the booking categories at Pop? In this day and age the answers to most questions should be at their fingertips!
mavadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #21
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
No one expects them to KNOW everything, but can't they look it up? They are obviously sitting in front of a computer. How hard would it have been to look up the booking categories at Pop? In this day and age the answers to most questions should be at their fingertips!
Exactly!! Or to not sound so much like I am the crazy one and they absolutely know they are correct. I mean, I knew I was correct but she almost convinced me I wasn't!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: