Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #91
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cinderella View Post
Give your husband a high-five from me and enjoy your mimosas! (Said without snark - I know tone is hard to tell on message boards)

Just want to point out that it isn't necessarily a bad thing that people try dining options they normally wouldn't.

Oh and mouth breather:

1. literally, someone who lacks enough intelligence that they never learned to breathe through their nose.

2. a really dumb person.
The mimosas are long gone, lol. Unfortunately I was only able to snag two before my DH drank the rest of the bottle of champagne.

Thanks for the lesson on urban slang. I had seriously never heard that term before. And I never EVER said that anyone on this thread was stupid or lacked the intelligence to breathe through their nose. It makes me sad that you think that was what I was implying.
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #92
Mommy2Corinne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
I get what Mommy2Corinne is saying. It's more that having a bigger room discount would improve the quality of vacation for everyone instead of concentrating crowds on the restaurants. It would free people to eat how they would like to instead of how Disney would like them to. If there were significant room discounts, people might choose to upgrade to deluxe resorts, therefore improving the quality of their stay ( nothing is wrong with value and mod resorts, but I think we can agree the pools, transportation and room sizes are better as you go up the resorts).

This would fill rooms at deluxes and lessen the load at values, which would also make it easier for more people to afford Disney.

Is that what you were going for?
Yes. Thank you. My very first post on this thread stated that "[t]here has got to be a better promo they can offer that would get guests to visit in the fall . . . ."

If people were offered something other than "free" dining they would be able to use their savings on whatever made the most sense to them (whether it be food, hotels, souvenirs, or simply saving that money for a non-Disney related expense). Free dining, IMO, locks people into food/dining "savings" that they may not otherwise want/need. And this negatively affects the overall dining experience for everyone.

I think I've been pretty consistent with this thought throughout the thread, and I don't think this is mean or snobby?
DD (10)
DD (4)
DS (2)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: